27 replies to this topic

#1 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,432 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted May 05, 2011 - 11:50 AM

Under all our usernames we can post since when we've been a fan. Many of us have individual plays, games or moments that we remember defining our Lakers-fandom. So let's post the moment in Lakers history when we first became a fan, or if you've been a fan "since birth" the first game you remember watching.

For me it was Game 4 of the 2000 Finals, prime time to hop on the bandwagon. But I had never watched an NBA game before, and my mom (who always claimed to be a Lakers fan) hopped on the bandwagon during that finals, and made me sit down and watch a game. And hot damn did I think that #8 had some pretty sick moves, and I followed him, and the team, ever since.

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#2 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted May 05, 2011 - 01:30 PM

I put 1991, which is the year I was born. But really, Ive been a fan since I was 5 though. lol

#3 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 20,879 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 05, 2011 - 02:06 PM

Started following the Lakers when they got Shaq and Kobe. Wasn't all in till after this.

One of my 1st Laker Memories. Not a great feeling. But you could feel the Lakers were about to become contenders.

Part of the reason I'll never leave.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#4 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 892 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted May 05, 2011 - 03:58 PM

Been around the Lakers all my life. I remember 94, nick, eddie jones, and divac. Been watching since then. But I think I became a fan with Kobe.

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,314 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted May 05, 2011 - 04:53 PM

Since I was born. My dad would ALWAYS have the Laker game on. It seemed like the Lakers were the coolest thing ever since my dad was watching it, so I grew up watching and playing basketball.

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#6 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 05, 2011 - 10:59 PM

2000. I was too young and uninterested in sports to really care before then. I would play basketball with my neighbor like every day, but it was never anything big, just for fun. My family was always supportive of the team, so I really started to pay attention around 2000 when the Lakers began the 3peat. I started to like basketball more and more and became a real diehard by the time I was a teenager. Basketball is a huge part of my life at this point, love everything about it. Play it, watch it, discuss it, everything.

I also grew up watching Kobe as I was too young to really appreciate Jordan during the 90s. Watching Kobe play and grow over the years pretty much help shape my love of the game.

Even now, if I can't see the game (which is often the case), I'll listen to it in its entirety on the radio. I've only missed a handful of games live these past 4 years, but as soon as I'd get home, first thing I'd do is watch highlights to catch myself up.

#7 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 05, 2011 - 11:54 PM

After Kobe's 81. It was all over the sports news over here and since i was already a basketball fan, I first started watching Kobe mixes on Youtube and then full Laker games on the old raptorsnation site.

Watching games live in the time zone where i live sucks big time, but i still manage to do it somehow, all because I love L.A Lakers.

#8 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 06, 2011 - 08:49 AM

I became a big fan in 2000 when Shaq was here and we won his first title. And I stayed a fan for 3 more years. Then I became a Spurs fan. Oh but the year after I thought I was gonna be a Laker fan again but instead chose to be the BIGGEST PISTONS FAN IN THE WORLD. Then I loved the Spurs again. Then the Heat were my favorite team. And then out of the gate I became a Boston Celtics fanatic. But now again I'm a proud lifelong Lakers fan till I die! :glasses:

#9 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 06, 2011 - 09:03 AM

I became a big fan in 2000 when Shaq was here and we won his first title. And I stayed a fan for 3 more years. Then I became a Spurs fan. Oh but the year after I thought I was gonna be a Laker fan again but instead chose to be the BIGGEST PISTONS FAN IN THE WORLD. Then I loved the Spurs again. Then the Heat were my favorite team. And then out of the gate I became a Boston Celtics fanatic. But now again I'm a proud lifelong Lakers fan till I die! :glasses:

:laughing:

#10 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted May 06, 2011 - 09:37 AM

lakers 4 life!

#11 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted May 06, 2011 - 01:06 PM

97 when we acquired kobe, man.. my granpa being a veteran scout has told me to follow kobe because he's gonna be special "this kid is gonna be a huge threat to jordan's legacy" his exact words. and boy was he right!

#12 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted May 06, 2011 - 07:13 PM

After Jordan retired I became a full Laker fan instead of just rooting for both L.A and Chicago

Edited by Junayd, May 06, 2011 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#13 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 07, 2011 - 08:08 AM

A fan since birth. Loved magic. When he came back I started really watching a lot. When Kobe was drafted it was cool. But the game seven against Portland made me love the lakers. Then Kobe hit the clutch shots against Portland to give us the number one seeds. All the horry fisher and fox big plays. Kobe's 81. Kobe's 62 vs Dallas in three quarters. After the seven game losing streak. The 65 vs Portland and the three other 50 point games to follow. And this beautiful run that may be coming to an end
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#14 ML21

ML21

Laker Fanatic est 8/15/1990

• 278 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie Jones,Shaq,Kobe,D-Fish

Posted May 07, 2011 - 10:45 AM

Been a fan since birth. Grew up with the team and everything. Every season I did my HW early just to tune into KCAL 9 just to watch games and on the road to my grandfathers house tune into the raido to listen. My first Laker game was 94 vs Houston at the Fourm. I have alot of good and Bad Moments that theres too many to list.
Posted Image

#15 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 3,984 posts
  • Name:Pat
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 08, 2011 - 11:05 PM

1994 or 1995. I was a kid who watched primarily cartoons. I thought lots of things had good guys and bad guys. A Lakers vs Spurs game was on, and my brother told me the Lakers were the good guys. Been a fan since.

Posted Image

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 10,933 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 09, 2011 - 09:13 AM

:hmm: Hmmmmm. Did I say DIE above. I meant LIE not DIE. I'm not a Lakers fan anymore. They suck.
I'm torn between the Hawks, Bulls, Celtics, Heat, OKC and Memphis. Ill let you know in another couple weeks who I am a long time life fan of since day 1.
:81:

Edited by LakersGAFan, May 09, 2011 - 09:14 AM.

#17 Josh4Q

Josh4Q

Rookie

• 136 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Cedric Ceballos

Posted May 10, 2011 - 04:57 PM

94 or 95... I still have my Cedric Ceballos jersey sitting around somewhere.

#18 b.e.

b.e.

Rookie

• 260 posts
  • Name:Brendon

Posted May 19, 2011 - 07:27 AM

Kobe game winner vs suns in OT... bryant for the win BANGG
Ever since then.
Posted Image

#19 Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Guest_MyJohnsonisMagic_*

Posted May 19, 2011 - 09:20 AM

I've been a fan since I was born in 84'.

Most of my early basketball memorys where 80's playoff games, the JR skyhook being one of them.

Edited by MyJohnsonisMagic, May 19, 2011 - 09:36 AM.

#20 b.e.

b.e.

Rookie

• 260 posts
  • Name:Brendon

Posted May 19, 2011 - 03:52 PM

I've been a fan since I was born in 84'.

Most of my early basketball memorys where 80's playoff games, the JR skyhook being one of them.

LOL i had to point out that username man, props hahaha
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users