47 replies to this topic

#1 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:15 PM

I'm not sure what his problem is this postseason - regardless of the cause, we just can't have our 2nd star playing like a 6th man and that's what he's doing this entire postseason. The best player on the Lakers this postseason has been Bynum, but his teammates are too hard headed or egotistical to realize that he NEEDS to touch the ball EVERY TIME down court in the post, whether he's shooting or passing - Kobe WAS great, but even in his prime he wasn't Jordan and always needed an effective big man to win consistently. Kobe isn't who he used to be and it's time he realized it and ran the offense through Bynum, dude was abusing WHOEVER the Mavs threw at him in the post tonight and even got a few shots up off offensive rebounds when his mates weren't passing the ball.

I don't mind losing to a better team if we play our best and get beat, but this Mavs team is seriously flawed and weak and we're making them look like champions. The most disgusting thing about this turn of events is that we're lining up Miami for their first title together on a tee... Dallas, Memphis, Oklahoma City - are you effin joking me?!?!

Move Gasol now, get some good return and let Odom start at PF - inconsistent or not, at the least the guy won't get pushed around like Gasol has been the entire playoffs. Barnes, Blake, Brown, Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Gasol - you ALL played like garbage tonight and deserved the [expletive] kicking you got. Grow a pair and play like champs or take your asses out of town after the year ends.

Kobe - remember what it was like to play with Shaq your first 3 years and start treating Drew the same way in terms of touches, you're not the same Kobe you think you are even if you can still score points. You don't have the effective points as often as you used to - face it, accept a facilitator role and win a couple more rings... or keep shooting like you're the 20 something Kobe and watch your team turn into a one trick pony who can't get to the conference finals anymore.

So pissed off right now - can't believe we played like such garbage in such a big game. We don't deserve to win playing like this.

#2 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:17 PM

U forgot what it was like at the number 7 seed huh.

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,975 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:17 PM

I think he's worn out.

His facial expression says, "I don't really want to be here."

Or, he just needs more touches. :unsure:

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 KobeDynasty

KobeDynasty

-

• 3,910 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:18 PM

Maybe he wants to go home in spain and play for barcelona.

Edited by Elvis, May 04, 2011 - 10:18 PM.

333.jpg

#5 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,975 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:19 PM

I didn't forget we were #1 in the West before we got him, either.

But hey, I love what Gasol has brought to this team. He doesn't deserve to be ripped for his body of work, he deserves a lot of credit. But, he's just no there right now. And the body language isn't good. I think he's frustrated because he actually doesn't believe he can get it done.

He won't even attack Nowitzki. When he kicks it out of the post, he gives up ground on the repost.

I hope he just needs a long rest. One he may be about to get.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#6 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:19 PM

Nope - it looked like the last 2 games, only then we had excuses named Smush Parker and Kwame Brown. Now we're "stacked" and playing like a bunch of pansies against an ORGANIZATION of pansies.

#7 SoCalSpider

SoCalSpider

Rookie

• 678 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:21 PM

I didn't forget we were #1 in the West before we got him, either.

But hey, I love what Gasol has brought to this team. He doesn't deserve to be ripped for his body of work, he deserves a lot of credit. But, he's just no there right now. And the body language isn't good. I think he's frustrated because he actually doesn't believe he can get it done.

He won't even attack Nowitzki. When he kicks it out of the post, he gives up ground on the repost.

I hope he just needs a long rest. One he may be about to get.

I can't argue with the results the last 2 years - but year 1 we saw the same thing we are now, a soft player giving up when you push him around. Multi skills don't mean jack when push comes to shove, you just gotta be the mother f*cker shoving harder and that's NOT in this guy and you can't teach it to him.

#8 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:28 PM

Stephen A Smith mentioned there's something wrong in personal life...that was 1 full month ago

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,213 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:31 PM

i will always thank gasol for how he changed the course of this franchise. he made this franchise contenders again. but i think it may be time to move on if it means dwight.

i also always had more of a soft spot for bynum because like kobe he feels home grown(i understand kobe was traded for but not really since his rights were traded for so techinically he was drafted by LA)

thank you pau, your a great guy and a good basketball player, i probably will get choked up if you get traded, but if its for dwight, i can manage
Posted Image

#10 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,404 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:35 PM

I guess there are going to be a million of these meltdown threads.

Keep in mind, we have everyone signed for a few years, we are stuck with them and may not be able to trade them. The gamble is to win as many titles as we can while Kobe and co. are intact. If we don't win this year, we will have a chip on our shoulder for next season.

I am not going to speculate on what we should do. I'll simply support the Lakers no matter what changes we make, or don't. It may never be easy, but our guys know how to win. Other teams were on their last shot this season; Boston, San Antonio, and even Dallas. We aren't on our last legs.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#11 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:38 PM

Another one with the Kobe not as good as MJ sht
GTFO seriously bro
u guys never give it up it's baffling
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#12 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:41 PM

Gasol - goodbye?
More like SoCalSpider - goodbye...

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#13 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:49 PM

Im 100% behind Pau. Dig deeper Spaniard!!! I believe in you!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#14 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:51 PM

5 championships btch remember that.
Finals MVP's, All Star MVP's, reg season MVP, Gold
medal.
Keep talkin sht about a guy who's made u happy being a [expletive]in Lakers fan the last 13 years [expletive]
Without Kobe u don't get sht
so GTFO
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#15 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,831 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:58 PM

Stephen A Smith mentioned there's something wrong in personal life...that was 1 full month ago

Anyone want to guess what this means?

What do you think MDI?

I like Pau and still see his value. Something is bothering him you can tell. Feel like he's thinking too much, not taking what the defense gives him. Too much read. Not enough react.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#16 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted May 04, 2011 - 11:00 PM

instead of blasting him, would tap him on the back and say we need ya big fella

#17 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted May 04, 2011 - 11:04 PM

5 championships btch remember that.
Finals MVP's, All Star MVP's, reg season MVP, Gold
medal.
Keep talkin sht about a guy who's made u happy being a [expletive]in Lakers fan the last 13 years [expletive]
Without Kobe u don't get sht
so GTFO

Absolutely correct. This is starting to piss me off as well. If you honestly are blaming Kobe for our struggles right now, it shows you know literally nothing about this team. The stuff that Kobe is doing right now MJ never even went through. Did MJ ever try to complete a 3-peat AND try to make it to 4 straight finals with a team that is about as motivated as a fat kid having to run a mile at school on a Friday? No.

Edited by LakersChamps243, May 04, 2011 - 11:06 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#18 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:04 AM

I doubt he is going anywhere, but dear god, I want the old Pau back, at least what we saw in last year's playoffs.
Posted Image

#19 Inverse

Inverse

Rookie

• 445 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Mad Dog

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:41 AM

Pau was 5-12 with thirteen points and 10 rebounds
Drew was 8-11 with 18 pts and 13 rebounds

I don't think it's really Pau playing like crap, rather it's the emergence of Andrew Bynum. Drew's shots that he's taking right now used to all go to Gasol, we have to understand that Pau doesnt have to be as aggressive as before, because quite frankly, Andrew is just as dominate now. Now we just have to hold our breath and hope they both go for 18-20 pts in game 3. If they do it's an automatic win.
Today I'm a prime minister and Today i passed a bill that gave kittens to life prisoners

#20 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,975 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 05:01 AM

First I've heard of that. Interesting. But look at that guy. Watch his face. He even got mad once in the New Orleans series (Game 2, I think) when the ref threw the ball to him too hard.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users