#1 Rogers29

Rogers29

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:All

Posted May 04, 2011 - 12:09 AM

I've been browsing TLN for about a year now, posted with a bunch of you over at CL before 'the movement' took place. I really registered to say something to the people of TLN. No, this isn't a troll. I'm not spamming for another Laker site. I want to say that I feel as if the posters here are disrespected, and this will come as a surprise to a lot of you I'm sure, I'm not talking about Brandon. I'm talking about the four guys that own this ship.

I personally don't know any of them, but I've been around them outside of this website. When I went to contact an administrator about me not being able to add an avatar the other day, I noticed something. There are four administrators here.

Would anyone please tell me if Jason Riley, Kam Pashai, and Jaime Quintanilla even post on this forum? What do any of them do outside of operating the blog?

There's more to this story though. According to one of their newer writers, who I won't name but know personally, each person that writes for the blog section of this website is getting paid. Most of their content isn't theirs. About eight months ago, around my birthday, I asked Brandon how much he makes off of Google ads, just because I sold my truck and had money to start up a forum about vehicles, and he told me that he doesn't make anything from TLN because it's not his forum. Are you [expletive]ting me?

I think it's devastating that TLN changed their name to LN. It was unique. I looked in that topic and noticed that Brandon had nothing to say about it, didn't know much at all. This is the same guy that, to my knowledge, has been the only active administrator here for 3 years now.

Brandon, sir, you are getting used. I don't care if you go to some other forum, don't care at all, but how can you continue doing all of this and stressing over this each and every day? This is not the first time it has been brought to everyone's attention either. You created this skin for free. You charged another site $150 for a custom skin. Why's that? Other sites would love to have you on board and given all of the work you have done, I'm sure they would give you a cut of what they make from advertising.

I hope this topic isn't removed or locked. If so, it better be from Brandon. Maybe people feel the need to turn their heads. Truth be told, TLN makes bank on your posts and Brandon's hard work. They always have. Free to you, but I want to know why everything in TLN land is Hollywood, and how come it's so easy to spit on the people you should value the most.

I'm not here to give TLN a bad name. I'm here to make things right. The name change was a marketing move. Having Brandon do all of your work for free, and undeniably leaving him out of the TLN family? It's a dirty move. Soak up some of the credit, but not all of it.

This forum, not the blog, is the heart and soul of TLN. The posters, Brandon, the moderators, they work their asses off to keep it relevant. Who respected magicmoment or Nyla as good writers? Why was Nissan disrespected? JD was buried in irrelevancy. Veteran contributors were clowned or ignored. Sky was shunned, and Pincus doesn't get enough respect.

Nobody else would've said it, but I will. If it costs me my membership here, so be it. You can't walk the walk without a backbone.

Edited by Rogers29, May 04, 2011 - 12:14 AM.

#2 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted May 04, 2011 - 02:32 AM

Nice post, don't agree with everything but Brandon not getting paid for all the work he puts in at this site? Wow...
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#3 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted May 04, 2011 - 02:34 AM

Nice post, don't agree with everything but Brandon not getting paid for all the work he puts in at this site? Wow...

i find that way too hard to believe.

#4 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 04, 2011 - 05:11 AM

Brandon will be the one to raise his voice if he feels badly, you are making it seem like he is a 9 year old child that is being hold in a prison and being put to work by force. I'm 100% sure he enjoys his work, otherwise he wouldn't do it. Magicmoment and Nyla had their reasons on why they didn't continue, and JD being buried in irrelevance? He's had personal issues that are way more important than a forum, and I'm sure that in his situation he preferred spending time with his family. And Nissan also had his reasons.
If anyone spits on anyone here, it was some members on the staff,not the admins.
Posted Image

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 04, 2011 - 06:47 AM

thought provoking

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 Rogers29

Rogers29

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 08:32 AM

i find that way too hard to believe.

You know who to ask if you don't believe it. I'm positive that one of the guys would tell you the truth. Do a post search and find that Brandon has stated it on the forum before.

netlord, no, this isn't me trying to claim that Brnadon is a prisoner here. You got me all wrong. I'm wanting to know what the others do and why there are writers getting paid to produce duplicate work, when there are more deserving people that should be getting that check. How many spanish posters are here? Is there another person really capable of moderating that forum?

The majority of you won't want to admit it but there is no interaction between you guys and those that own TLN, and there is a reason for that. Has Brandon ever had support when he had to go to war with certain members? Let's ask Nissan. Did an owner step in at all?

One thing that triggered this was Jaime logging in and banning the guy that was trashing Brandon and his family. Was I the only one to notice that all he did was ban him? All of the posts were left up for everyone to see and remained in view until Brandon logged in and edited them all out with little edit messages.

TLN's posters need to start speaking out. No forum, no TLN. 'Get Garnett' was a failed movement. The blog's chat box is useless. Where do fans go to chat? The forum.

I'm glad netlord has decided to discuss this with me, even if he doesn't agree. I would love to hear answers from more than just him though.

#7 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted May 04, 2011 - 10:08 PM

I knew about this issue for a couple of years.

Brandon should definitely be paid for all his hard work especially if "bloggers" are being paid. How are you going to tell me that a "blogger" is more important than someone who runs your forum and handles all the problems? The majority of people spend hours on the forums compare to a few mins reading the latest news and rumors. Where do people come to the discuss the game during and after the game?

#8 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:28 AM

Wow.... didnt know this about Brandon.

Dude works his [expletive] off and any little suggestion, suggested, dude is right there and does the job. Gotta respect that, but Brandon, he's right. You gotta do you too..

#9 Rogers29

Rogers29

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 01:25 AM

Yes. This is exactly what the people of TLN need to do. Speak out and rep posts you agree with and let it be known that TLN is so much more than a blog.

I know Brandon will lock this when he gets online, it looks like he's fuming from the loss by what he's saying on his Twitter page so who knows when, but I wish he would ignore the topic for now and let Jaime explain a thing or two for us. Let us speak.

FYI, I'm not going to say I was around when the owners were at CL, I wasn't very active. I'm an old school guy that spilled my knowledge with the likes of Brandon, GuRu, BDG, DA, Realm, bhatta, LG2k3, FirstLady, Nissan, JSM, etc. It's just a hard pill to swallow, what TLN stands for these days and the little respect given to the posters and to the lone administrator and his staff.

#10 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted May 08, 2011 - 04:13 AM

Some questions.

1. Why are you so concerned about Brandon being paid or not. He always mentions it to the forums, yes? But if he really wanted to get paid...he CAN contact administrators about being paid. If it's a matter of not being able to contact them, that would be false as he has discussed other peoples membership on the forums with them. There is proof for that as well.

2. How do you know so much? Why would Brandon tell you that Jamie logged in to ban a member but leave all the posts when you post on CL (and weren't even a member), a site that Brandon is not associated with? Why would you need to know that information. The time that those posts were posted, it was late and almost nobody was on. How do I know this? because I saw it all unravel. Again, I want to know why he would tell you all of this,

This forum, not the blog, is the heart and soul of TLN. The posters, Brandon, the moderators, they work their asses off to keep it relevant. Who respected magicmoment or Nyla as good writers? Why was Nissan disrespected? JD was buried in irrelevancy. Veteran contributors were clowned or ignored. Sky was shunned, and Pincus doesn't get enough respect.

If I cam remember, Magic Moment has been inactive for more than a year now, Nyla has been inactive for over a year. How would I know, and how is this relevant? Well you said you have been browsing the forums for a year now and you wouldn't know who Nyla is if she has been inactive. I could be wrong, but who knows. Also, you said you post on Club Lakers. I don't know Why Eric Pincus "disrespect" would be a concern for you. It's basically the same on CL

http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/lakers-trouble-t129627.html (2 responses)
http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/pincus-kobe-shot-attempts-revisited-t129602.html (1 response)
http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/chat-with-t129588.html (0 responses)
http://www.clublakers.com/lakers-discussion/lakers-mavericks-ready-tip-rankings-t129562.html (0 responses)

I really don't know why that would be an issue here.
Also, I talked to Eric Pincus on Facebook a few times, I read his blog. Just because I don't post, it doesn't mean I am disrespecting him.

I don't know why Brandon would be saying this to a person from Club Lakers who only browses these forums, just saying.

Let me say this, I do feel Brandon should be compensated for what he does. But I don't feel like this was the right thing to do. The other issues on the site about Magic Moment, Nissan, JD or anyone shouldn't concern you. I wonder why you didn't vouch for them being paid as well. They also did a good job at their job no matter how much I [expletive]ed and moaned about them. If Brandon feels like he is being treated unfairly he can bring it up with the owners of the site. if he wants to be paid he can bring it up with the owners of the site.

Edited by Base, May 08, 2011 - 04:23 AM.

#11 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,812 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 08, 2011 - 06:33 PM

no reason for this thread to stay open. didn't read much of it, but yea...

just a bunch of speculation, about stuff thats none of you business...

none of you are brandon, nor do any of you run this site, so i'm sure you none of you know exactly what type of compensation if any is collected by anyone on this site. i know if i was paid to moderate, which i'm obviously not, i wouldn't tell people anyway because i imagine it would be under the table, and the less people that know about [expletive] you're not reporting on your taxes the better...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users