Photo

Game Of Thrones (Spoilers Inside)

• Please log in to reply
1514 replies to this topic

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 07:28 PM

Not at all bro that one is completely real lol,  wait you did watch the video right?  

Not speaking to that one specifically, just overall since there's so many. I have a hard time believing they're all completely sincere.

The Hound, on 09 Jun 2013 - 19:13, said:snapback.png

I was looking forward to a couple things but I guess I'll have to wait.

Yeah, this show sorta does that a lot, heh.

I'd say the previous episode was definitely more of a season finale by far. That's kinda weird, heh.

I wish they would've spent a little more time truly showing how much the deaths of the Starks impact had on Arya & Sansa. They spent a little more on Arya probably with that violent scene, but still not enough for my liking. It made the events in the previous episode lose some impact imo.

yo.

#722 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,062 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted June 09, 2013 - 07:39 PM

Not speaking to that one specifically, just overall since there's so many. I have a hard time believing they're all completely sincere.

Yeah, this show sorta does that a lot, heh.

I'd say the previous episode was definitely more of a season finale by far. That's kinda weird, heh.

I wish they would've spent a little more time truly showing how much the deaths of the Starks impact had on Arya & Sansa. They spent a little more on Arya probably with that violent scene, but still not enough for my liking. It made the events in the previous episode lose some impact imo.

I see what you mean,  and I agree now people are just making reaction videos for attention,  it's only when I see pure emotion,  tears falling upon cheeks that lets me know it's legit.  Yea sadly they could of really went out with a bang,  BUT i'm not really complaining I know whats coming is gonna be massive.  

Yea I mean we got a glimpse of how Sansa acted when Ned died,  so maybe thats why we didn't get a good picture of it all this time around,  but this we get to see how Arya is dealing with it and how she is growing.  Her and the Hound are gonna have awesome adventures....and Robbwind was pretty sad to see.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#723 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,336 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted June 09, 2013 - 08:12 PM

Season was a disappointment. 7/10. This made me laugh.<br />asera6ag.jpg

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 08:16 PM

Lol, so disturbing that pic.

I enjoyed season 2 better and season 1 was still by far the best in my opinion. Here's to hoping season 4 can't possibly be worse than this season overall.

yo.

#725 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,336 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think I should read the book. Where is the show at book wise?

#726 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2013 - 09:26 PM

Halfway through the 3rd book.

#727 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,336 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 09:45 PM

Halfway through the 3rd book.

A storm of swords?

#728 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 09, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Yup. The third book is basically season 3 and 4 on television. I'd recommend reading the books if you have the time, especially the 4th one. Things get a bit hectic. I'm interested in how they'll adapt the 4th book for television because they basically shift focus away from the main characters to tie up loose ends in the storyline from book 3.

#729 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted June 09, 2013 - 10:36 PM

disappointing finale for me, very choppy scenes, no flow at all

bw1wOGf.png

#730 The Hound

The Hound

3rd Eye Vision

• 1,062 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, Ron Artest, Magic

Posted June 09, 2013 - 10:42 PM

Rewatched it and the end is caca......corny caca.

"Any man dies with a clean sword,  I'LL RAPE HIS [expletive]ING CORPSE!!!!!" - Sandor Clegane

#731 KB24

KB24

Off The Bench

• 2,582 posts
  • Name:Cameron
  • Fan Since:It's in my blood
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted June 10, 2013 - 12:58 AM

Well the person I was hoping they'd kill didn't die in this ep so that's a bit disappointing. 

Not a very exciting finale though. 

1985 Lakers Championship ring. LA 4 BOS 2.
http://i41.tinypic.com/5v7qdj.jpg

#732 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 10, 2013 - 12:59 AM

Great finale...

several tear jerking moments...

who cared when robb or kat stark died...

but when an entire slave city is liberated by the mother of dragons?

or gendry is saved...

or when the sick lanisters lovers reunite (that scence was only 20 seconds short, cause after that, you know what they did...)

Ayra with her first man-kill

Robbs life-less corpse with his direwolf head...

I feel like The dwarfs foreign lover is going to die soon... if varyus knows, then someone else will find out, then tywin will find out, and she will die... which may not even be a bad thing, the imp, and sansa make a great couple... I hope she has twins... no Jamie/cerci implication....

jeorffy will die soon.. has too... to much of a little bastard... even his mother would want his head on a spike if she didn't love him so much

falder fray is a pawn... someone will take him out...

the ramsey bastard, and his house, shouldn't last long either... too unstable... too untrustworthy...

to think jon snow and bran could be together.. where did ricon go again? black castle?

Hopefully Sam took 100,000 weapons from the site of the first men... everyone was freaking out he left the one piece... but we didn't know he a had a BUNCH...

I really liked that episode...

no big battle, no super drama, just pulling the whole season together, it seemed like it was longer then normal too...

#733 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,209 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted June 10, 2013 - 01:00 AM

wouldn't be shocking if they did what people wanted.. .lol

Well the person I was hoping they'd kill didn't die in this ep so that's a bit disappointing. 

Not a very exciting finale though. 

this show is best ever?

ever?

any genre?

any era?

#734 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,855 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted June 10, 2013 - 03:35 AM

The thing is they cant just have all the battles and [expletive] go down this season cuz then it would end after what one more season. This is gonna be a long series so expect more build up. The problem with this season though was the lack of games. Season 2 was awesome becuase of the power struggles and how Tyrion(imp) tricked people and got his way to control so many. That was awesome because you see in the season before with ned stark just [expletive]s up everything and pays with his head. I mean he didnt do anything bad but he was horrible with the politics. 

This season had little to no game in it. It was pretty much all build up. The red wedding really seemed like it would be the season finale but Idk I guess they may have been worried it would turn people off from the show so they did another build up episode to calm people down about all the main character deaths. 

This is a tough show to do(defiantly this late into the books) because from what I have been told(never read them) there is a lot of character development and stories following a ton of people. I have a feeling this will be the weaker of the GOT seasons and it will start getting better next season. 

I just dont want to wait so long. lol

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 09:21 AM

Great finale...

I really liked that episode...

no big battle, no super drama, just pulling the whole season together, it seemed like it was longer then normal too...

You could make the case that it was arguably at least good, but great? Far from it. You're only fooling yourself. A finale with no big battle and no super drama deserves a great? Really?

yo.

#736 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted June 10, 2013 - 09:56 AM

Well, I'll say it. I hated this ending, this is GOT, I expect more of season finales.

Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 10:01 AM

^ Very surprising to hear from you, but props for being so honest. It's refreshing.

yo.

#738 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,709 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted June 10, 2013 - 10:17 AM

I just expected a bit more, It seems it's the way the series is structured. It had it's emotional points, yeah it keeps me wanting for more next season, but If they had ended with the red wedding it would have been much better.

I didn't need to see so much Theon and his family in this chapter. But I can see they just wanted to make a final episode with little bits of all the season. I just didn't feel it.

Posted Image

#739 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 10:54 AM

This ending is only setting up for a great season 4. A lot is in play for the next season, will definitely be [expletive]ing exciting. 

Posted Image

• 40,556 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 10:59 AM

^ About time you post. I see you lurking a lot, but never posting, what gives?

Anyway, they better not wait too long though. I don't wanna' see like the first four to six episodes have too much build-up again and them take their time with the actual major events taking place. I really hope to see more consistent action & movement next season throughout. Hope I'm not disappointed.

As it stands right now, I'd take season 2 over this past season easily and season 1 is way above all it's not even close.

yo.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users