#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2011 - 08:26 AM

The general rules...

1) Participants will post a max of 16 lines.

2) Nobody else can post in the topic until the two participants have replied.

3) Voting will be for three days. All members voting will need to state their winner, followed by reason(s) as to why they placed their vote. No vote will count without a legitimate reason.

4) No bypassing the word censor, but you can attack your opponent (participants must understand and accept this, given the competition). No racial or gay slurs.

------

For this first round, each participant will need to have at least one line mocking their opponent's display name.

Also, for at least one line, the Lakers have to be incorporated...either a player (past or present) or the team, or anything having to do with the organization.

The Big Fish gets to decide who posts their rap first, being the higher-seeded participant. He'll make that choice in the following post, and at that point, one or the other will have the green light to post their lines.

#2 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 26, 2011 - 10:36 AM

Mind is elsewhere. shoot first Junayd...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:36 AM

I am the captain of invisibility, in this vicinity - words transcend thought so even the mute can verse
Big Fish fixin to get cooked by a Master Chef, floppin in distress, whack battle lines just make it worse
I don't think they feel me though, cause i don't speak on guns and dope.. but i rhyme with a chip on me like 'loso
Got mo' Juice than 'Pac - plus I call yo girl my minute maid, my dick's a first person shooter like Killzone
She told me her goods were a restricted area, but I went hard in the paint.. she tried to back but i told her
The Black Mamba can't be tamed, left her deranged, had to keep showin i.d whenever i crossed her border
I'm lyrical Kush, potent.. but if you get too much of me, it'll leave you chokin
I'm sorry to do it, but your confidence about to get broken
Call this verse a soliloquy of excellence - wear some shades to bear my benevolence
Even know she on her knees, I love standin up for women on some Coretta ish..
Your next verse is irrelevant, the trophy comin home.. ask weezy if you need a phone
Got a little longer to go, then I'm headin to Georgia to get some dome
Hittin deeper than Cornel West.. battling me, my verbal shots? you gon need a vest
Swag to the maximum, screen name Junayd - but Based Prophet to the rest
I'm real cold hearted.. robbin dudes of their dignity in the light of day
Rid em of his pride AND leave em nickel-less like Cage

Edited by Junayd, April 27, 2011 - 12:41 AM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 06:56 AM

Who you foolin wit them long rap lines, say you don’t battle rap well [expletive] I can do a time or to as well
Not my style but I can rhyme deep like Malcolm X, hit the soul like The Roots and still compelSay you got mo “Juice” then Pac? Oh I guess that makes you Soulja Boy?
Style is impeccable, bars are rectifiable, to me u just an easy target to destroy
All dis [expletive] doin is angerin the beast, [expletive] “The Black Mamba” I’m MJ’n you [expletive] so stop the hard talk
End of this rap battle is gonna result in a dreaded [expletive] outlined in chalk
Imma damn fool once I get lifted, say you call my girl minute maid? Was that cause she made you [expletive] in a minute, I know she got that fire
I dropped her a while ago, I [expletive]s with them [expletive]es whom I only say one thing “Show me the money!” like Jerry McGuire
My confidence broken? Take it easy son, cocky as ever only way you could “see” me is in heaven
I am and forever will be legend, you can’t [expletive] wit me brethren
Saving the real heat for the other rounds
Rappin is my birthright, talent is undeniable and my lyricism should be world renown
Similar to AI I shoot first on arrival, this contest got mad stans in it you one of, you better off joining American Idol
When it comes to rappin no vest needed, on ya [expletive]in pride I just skeeted, comprende or like 50 Tyson do you need me to repeat it!?
R
un Ya Mouth to me, I’ll sharpshoot-ya like the ol’ number eight
Junayd you not even on my level kid, hey TLF come handle my lightweight

Edited by The Big Fish, April 27, 2011 - 06:56 AM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#5 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:02 PM

Honestly, your lines were WAYYY too long. That goes for both of you. It's as if you were just rhyming words without any kind of flow.

My vote goes to Junayd. He was more creative.
Basketball Reasons...

#6 JRG_24

JRG_24

Starter

• 5,259 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:18 PM

Honestly, your lines were WAYYY too long.

Was gonna come in and say the same. Not to burn you guys if this really was your intention, but it seems like you jammed em together to get away with more bars.. lol

My vote goes to Junayd.

#7 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,038 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 12:21 PM

Vote goes to Junayd.

#8 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 27, 2011 - 02:19 PM

Was gonna come in and say the same. Not to burn you guys if this really was your intention, but it seems like you jammed em together to get away with more bars.. lol

My vote goes to Junayd.

:shifty: lol

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#9 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,086 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 27, 2011 - 04:30 PM

junyard but Fish you were close

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#10 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,393 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 27, 2011 - 06:39 PM

both ya'll wrote a novel.
Interlocking rhyme schemes or enlongated bars.
I go with enlongated bars. Technically ya'll both exceeded the 16 bar (line) limit. So ya'll both should be eliminated. Sorry.

But both yall had a few lines in there I enjoyed.

Call this verse a soliloquy of excellence - wear some shades to bear my benevolence
Even know she on her knees, I love standin up for women on some Coretta ish..
Your next verse is irrelevant, the trophy comin home.. ask weezy if you need a phone

My confidence broken? Take it easy son, cocky as ever only way you could “see” me is in heaven
I am and forever will be legend, you can’t [expletive] wit me brethren

Neither of you actually went after eachother though. It wasnt as much a battle as it was yall talking BS about yourselves.
But I gotta vote.....and I liked Junayd verse more because topic wise it seemed to expand from the pervious bar.

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 27, 2011 - 06:55 PM

Damn this is a tough one to vote on cuz it's kinda hard to read with the run-on lines lol. Neither of you really went at each other except for the required line about Screen Names the rest were lines about yourselves or just trying to be lyrical. Fish though ya did flip some of Junayd's lines which gives you a ever so slight edge to me.

Both of you should sit down and write a song though because obviously the lyrical ability is there. Just gotta work on forming your lines withing bars and flow though and well obviously I dunno what on mic presence ya'll would need to work on since I can't hear you two rap lol.

Vote Fish

Edited by Draztik Rhymez, April 27, 2011 - 10:57 PM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#12 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:03 PM

I wasn't gonna write long [expletive] but he caught me off-guard with the long [expletive] rhymes. (Hint my first line) I figured he wrote long ish and I wrote some short ish then he would naturally get the vote since he got more if you get what I'm saying...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#13 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 28, 2011 - 03:19 PM

I wasn't gonna write long [expletive] but he caught me off-guard with the long [expletive] rhymes. (Hint my first line) I figured he wrote long ish and I wrote some short ish then he would naturally get the vote since he got more if you get what I'm saying...

It's not about how much you write, it's what you actually say. This isn't a competition to see who can write the most.
Basketball Reasons...

#14 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 28, 2011 - 04:19 PM

It's not about how much you write, it's what you actually say. This isn't a competition to see who can write the most.

word, quality over quantity

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#15 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,795 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 28, 2011 - 07:46 PM

Oui.

#16 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,865 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 01, 2011 - 03:53 AM

Junayd advances, congrats. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users