Message to Lil B Fans

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 25, 2011 - 03:55 PM

2pac
Elvis
Sammy Davis Jr
Frank Sinatra
James Dean
Martin Luther King
JFK
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
George Lucas
Michael Jackson
Michael Jordan
Steven Spielberg
Al Capone
I didnt even list females yet my bad ladies,
Judy Garland
Marilyn Monroe
Madonna
Rosa Parks
Natalie Wood
Queen Latifah
and the list goes on and on and on.....

Those were enigmatic cultural figures from the USA....you think Lil [expletive]ing B has had more of a cultural influence than any of those people????

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#22 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,359 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 25, 2011 - 03:56 PM

2pac
Elvis
Sammy Davis Jr
Frank Sinatra
James Dean
Martin Luther King
JFK
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
George Lucas
Michael Jackson
Michael Jordan
Steven Spielberg
Al Capone
Judy Garland
Marilyn Monroe
Madonna
Rosa Parks
Natalie Wood
Queen Latifah

Those were enigmatic cultural figures from the USA....you think Lil [expletive]ing B has had more of a cultural influence than any of those people????

You can't convinced a Dick Rider Man

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#23 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,740 posts
  • Fan Since:Nah
  • Fav. Laker:Kobun

Posted April 25, 2011 - 03:56 PM

2pac
Elvis
Sammy Davis Jr
Frank Sinatra
James Dean
Martin Luther King
JFK
Abraham Lincoln
George Washington
Thomas Jefferson
George Lucas
Michael Jackson
Michael Jordan
Steven Spielberg
Al Capone
Judy Garland
Marilyn Monroe
Madonna
Rosa Parks
Natalie Wood
Queen Latifah

Learn what enigmatic means please.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#24 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 25, 2011 - 03:57 PM

He won't change his opinion lol. Both of you are fighting a losing battle.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#25 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 25, 2011 - 03:58 PM

Great job sticking to the talking points. Your post has contributed nothing to this discussion (notice I said discussion not debate, because I'm merely sharing MY opinion on the dude and letting everyone else from their own). If anything you thinking that Mase's album was more anticipated than Lil Wayne's Tha Carter III voids all of your credibility.

It's all good though. If you feel that I've "lost all credibility" then I don't need to talk you anymore and you can move on to chirp your "you don't know real hip-hop" nonsense elsewhere.

dont take it to heart man. its ok with me that you are a lil b fan. that doesnt affect me at all. whats good for you is good for you.
But as far as lil b being the most enigmatic cultural figures ever in the USA you got
Posted Image

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#26 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 04:01 PM

Learn what enigmatic means please.

c'mon homey. It means difficult to understand.....your trying to sport lil b as difficult to understand.....lol
All those people I isted were, are and will continue to be difficult to understand.....thats why theres countless books, movies, articles and stories about each one that all depict different interpretations.
fail

but dont take this stuff to heart man. I aint riding ya to get ya mad. just arguing my point ya know. If you like lil b thats all good with me. it doesnt affect my life. you just threw me a curve ball with his promotinal line...

Edited by LakersGAFan, April 25, 2011 - 04:03 PM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#27 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,740 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 04:11 PM

c'mon homey. It means difficult to understand.....your trying to sport lil b as difficult to understand.....lol
All those people I isted were, are and will continue to be difficult to understand.....thats why theres countless books, movies, articles and stories about each one that all depict different interpretations.
fail

There's also a countless amount of interpretations for Lil B art out there on the internet too. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you're unaware of a lot of the hype surrounding Lil B, all I've been trying to do in this thread is spread knowledge as to why I support his music since there's a lot of misunderstanding that comes with it (as illustrated by the guy in the video in the OP). You decided to turn this into a argument the moment you called me "full of [expletive]" and said I lost all credibility for posting on other sites. If you don't like Lil B i couldn't care less, go join the other hundreds of thousands of people out there who feel the same way. I don't get paid enough to back and forth about stuff that's based entirely on opinion.
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#28 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,862 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 25, 2011 - 04:14 PM

I pretty much agree with this. I never understood the appeal of Lil B or why his fans are so crazy about him. His whole swag swag whatever routine is pretty entertaining, because it's funny as hell to me, but I can never take this guy seriously.

His popularity is ridiculous, like an internet meme gone wild (think Tiger Blood with that dumbass Charlie Sheen).

#29 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted April 25, 2011 - 06:25 PM

y'all mad. don't hate on the Based God because he is unafraid to say what the [expletive] he wants. he gets cosigns from rappers because they dig what he's standing for.

and if you say he's disrespecting hip-hop, look up what any hip-hop legend has said (which most of y'all don't listen to).. let me quote Krs-One "peace, love, unity, havin fun". that's hip-hop.

anything Lil B could ever make is more lyrical than Lil Wayne's "Lollipop"... and there's nothing wrong with making cooking music.. that stuff goes, and its hilarious aF. if you think a grown man seriously thinks that way....... :nah:

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#30 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 25, 2011 - 06:33 PM

y'all mad. don't hate on the Based God because he is unafraid to say what the [expletive] he wants. he gets cosigns from rappers because they dig what he's standing for.

and if you say he's disrespecting hip-hop, look up what any hip-hop legend has said (which most of y'all don't listen to).. let me quote Krs-One "peace, love, unity, havin fun". that's hip-hop.

anything Lil B could ever make is more lyrical than Lil Wayne's "Lollipop"... and there's nothing wrong with making cooking music.. that stuff goes, and its hilarious aF. if you think a grown man seriously thinks that way....... :nah:

Lol I listen to Rakim, don't get much more legend than that. N why do so many people take KRS as like the all knowing one of hip hop? Lollipop I didn't like at all.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#31 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 25, 2011 - 08:09 PM

:rolleyes:

Lollipop was a pop song. Pop songs aren't exactly known for being lyrical.

Lil Wayne has put in HEAVY work in the rap game over the years. The streets will never feel Lil B.

I actually gave his music a fair chance, but then I watched that video with him comparing himself to Jesus and cussing in church. That did it for me. I'll never respect him.
Basketball Reasons...

#32 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 08:40 PM

"Lil B is the worst Rapper in History"

"50Tyson>>>Lil B"

Lil b has been Beached Slapped. That must hurt Lil b especially since he is Gay. :laughing:
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#33 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted April 25, 2011 - 11:10 PM

Funny how the same people who complain and [expletive] that Hip-Hop has no meaning come into another topic and [expletive] and complain about a guy who makes meaningful music.

If more modern rappers were like Lil B then Hip-Hop would be much better. Although I don't like these "joke" songs he puts out, I like his serious stuff. It's much better than these overpaid clowns who just autotune themselves saying "i got more money than you / cars? I got quite a few / women love my dick / my lyrics are sick" over and over.

Posted Image

#34 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 11:43 PM

Funny how the same people who complain and [expletive] that Hip-Hop has no meaning come into another topic and [expletive] and complain about a guy who makes meaningful music.

If more modern rappers were like Lil B then Hip-Hop would be much better. Although I don't like these "joke" songs he puts out, I like his serious stuff. It's much better than these overpaid clowns who just autotune themselves saying "i got more money than you / cars? I got quite a few / women love my dick / my lyrics are sick" over and over.

I can't stand rappers that rap about nothing but money cars and girls

"you diss me out of pride but when youre finished talkin bout money and [expletive]es youre simply out of rhymes" - Canibus

Lil B situation is basically he can do whatever he wants. This is the U.S. and if he wants to make a track about Giraffe's having sex on animal planet he is free to do that. The bottom line is there is a market for pretty much anything really. The problem with rap is it is one music genre that doesn't get split into sub-genre's very often.

You have people that love Lyrical Concious rap that will think that IS rap and only that is rap. Yet, that's not the case, rap music has grown so large that we need to start splitting it up like we did with Rock, Country, etc. Are all Metallica fans going to love Screamo or whatever other genre of rock? Probably not, but they coexist and make money in their own way with their own fan base.

People confuse Hip Hop with rap music, Hip Hop is a lifestyle including the music you listen to, how you dress, act, etc. The dude in the video does sound jealous in various parts of the video not because Lil B is doing his own thing, but because he has more relevancy than he does (like GAFan had mentioned)

Bottom line though, we will all like certain types of music from every genre and dislike others. But we have to remember that when it comes to Rap as well and not say it has to be this way or that way.

One reason so many discussions turn to debates and then turn to arguments is because we all want to force our opinion of rap or rappers down people's throats. It's funny because you don't see it that often with other music genre's, maybe because Rap is still new compared to the others.

No one wants to be told why someone is so great or why they should like them. You want to spread your likes in music great, post a video/song and leave it at that. If someone doesn't like it don't take it personal, opinions are like [expletive] for real.

Edited by Draztik Rhymez, April 25, 2011 - 11:45 PM.

21lsbya.jpg

#35 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,740 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 06:07 AM

"Goddamn all I really want is to live right, make art every day and squint from the sunlight, my view from Metropolis, you knowin what my topic is"

Metropolis (1924) - In a futuristic city sharply divided between the working class and the city planners, the son of the city's mastermind falls in love with a working class prophet who predicts the coming of a savior to mediate their differences.

Mind = blown
R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

#36 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:10 AM

"Goddamn all I really want is to live right, make art every day and squint from the sunlight, my view from Metropolis, you knowin what my topic is"

Mind = blown

I dunno about mind blown, master thesis from canibus is crazier to me

21lsbya.jpg

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,597 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:31 AM

You do realize he actually raps off beat right.
Sometimes he sounds on, but thats because he's behind the beat from his last measure and the tempo catches up to him for a second or 2 before he goes off again.

Its like his beats are usually slow at around 75-80bpm
and he raps to them at like 65-75bpm

Its almost like he records his lyrics to no beat at all and then just mixes in some random music later.

Studio engineers can fix him and move his start times but not his end times. And it sounds like they try to do that atleast 6 occasions in that song above. I bet his own Full Sail Engineers laugh their [expletive] of when they have to mix this guy. But its probably good OT pay....lol

Its so funny that this little kid became so well known when he doesnt even understand the fundamentals of basic music and/or simple rhythm.
Its 8 beats per measure.....not 6.
:laughing:

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#38 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:39 AM

You do realize he actually raps off beat right.
Sometimes he sounds on, but thats because he's behind the beat from his last measure and the tempo catches up to him for a second or 2 before he goes off again.

Its like his beats are usually slow at around 75-80bpm
and he raps to them at like 65-75bpm

Its almost like he records his lyrics to no beat at all and then just mixes in some random music later.

Studio engineers can fix him and move his start times but not his end times. And it sounds like they try to do that atleast 6 occasions in that song above. I bet his own Full Sail Engineers laugh their [expletive] of when they have to mix this guy. But its probably good OT pay....lol

Its so funny that this little kid became so well known when he doesnt even understand the fundamentals of basic music and/or simple rhythm.
Its 8 beats per measure.....not 6.
:laughing:

Yea it's pretty bad lol

21lsbya.jpg

#39 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,359 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:41 AM

:rolleyes:

Lollipop was a pop song. Pop songs aren't exactly known for being lyrical.

Lil Wayne has put in HEAVY work in the rap game over the years. The streets will never feel Lil B.

I actually gave his music a fair chance, but then I watched that video with him comparing himself to Jesus and cussing in church. That did it for me. I'll never respect him.

Didn't know that... [expletive] that [expletive] Lil B and [expletive] his fans

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#40 FLOCKA

FLOCKA

COOK LIKE KOBE BRYANT

• 2,740 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 09:53 AM

Didn't know that... [expletive] that [expletive] Lil B and [expletive] his fans

R.I.P. Zyzz 1989-2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic