Photo

PSN Blackout ENDS at 41 days. All capabilities including PSN Store have been restored. Welcome pack available.

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,396 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:04 AM

Edit: Day 16. Some things restored. Still no PS Store.
Edit 2: Day 25: Connection status restored for mandatory download of new firmware and to change PSN login password. PSN Messages and most multi player gaming has been restored to most areas. All areas in time. Still no PS Store. But PS Home is back. So is hulu, MLB, and netflix.
Edit 3: Day 38. Just lots of talk about store coming back soon.
Edit 4: Day 41. PSN is back 100%. Store is back. Welcome Back package including 1 free month of PS+ and 2 free games is available now.
:rock:

I've been waiting for it to be back online so I can buy the new Assassins Creed brotherhood Davinci Dissapearance missions.
This is day 5 of the black out and found a update today and wanted to share. But after reading it.....things aint looking good.

http://www.examiner.com/console-gaming-in-national/latest-psn-outage-update-is-that-there-is-no-update

As we roll into the fifth day of the Playstation Network outage caused by an "external intrusion" into the network, many PS3 and PSP owners are wondering when they'll be able to head back online. Officially, the news doesn't look good on that front as Sony doesn't have any word on when the network will be back online.

The PS Blog was just recently updated with a statement from Sony's Patrick Seybold saying the following.

"I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time.
As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. We’ll keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience."

For those that aren't aware, that time intensive process is the rebuilding of the Playtation Network as the attack on the system was so severe that rebuilding the infrastructure for PSN was the only option that remained for Sony.

The rollout for game patches has already been affected and it is looking doubtful if Sony will have PSN back up in time for the weekly update on Tuesday evening.

Edited by LakersGAFan, June 04, 2011 - 05:13 AM.

#2 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:12 AM

Xbox 360 ftw!

Posted Image

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#3 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:28 AM

lol, man just because the PSN is down doesnt mean xbox is even in the same legion as a PS3.
I own both...had my xbox before my ps3...
But after I figured out how to network all my ps3 with my 2pc's and my 2 macs, my alarm system, my stereo system, my house thermostat, my wifi eabled camera, my iphone, bluetooth device and all my other tech crap....theres no comparrison.

Ive owned a PS3 for 5+ years and I'm just starting to figure out all the crap it does. Which is pretty much everything and anything.

Anyways, lets not turn this into another PS3 vs XBOX thread....we have enough I'm sure.

Some ahole hacker got into their system and their fixing it at all costs...thats a good thing.

#4 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:53 AM

lol, man just because the PSN is down doesnt mean xbox is even in the same legion as a PS3.
But after I figured out how to network all my ps3 with my 2pc's and my 2 macs, my alarm system, my stereo system, my house thermostat, my wifi eabled camera, my iphone, bluetooth device and all my other tech crap....theres no comparrison.

Ive owned a PS3 for 5+ years and I'm just starting to figure out all the crap it does. Which is pretty much everything and anything.

Anyways, lets not turn this into another PS3 vs XBOX thread....we have enough I'm sure.

Some ahole hacker got into their system and their fixing it at all costs...thats a good thing.

I have both since PS3 was free, (the system I mean my brother gave it to me. I only play NBA 2k and Madden up there. Sony sucks [expletive] though for this. Things like this shouldn't happen especially when gaming is pretty busy right now. And I meant that the Xbox 360 gives me a gaming console to play on not that its better...

Edited by The Big Fish, April 25, 2011 - 09:54 AM.

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#5 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,161 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted April 25, 2011 - 10:26 AM

this is a sign for me to do good on my finals. havent touched my PS3 since start of april... school been so busy. PSN can be down for 2 weeks just like xbox360 was. :laughing:

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#6 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 25, 2011 - 11:28 AM

Damn Hackers!

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#7 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,516 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 25, 2011 - 12:54 PM

If the PS3 played MKV. files and got rid of cinavia it would be flawless.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#8 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 01:08 PM

If the PS3 played MKV. files and got rid of cinavia it would be flawless.

Yea .mkv would be nice on either ps3 or 360 since I got both lol

21lsbya.jpg

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 07:03 PM

I want skype on the ps3

#10 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 07:15 PM

I want skype on the ps3

That'd be possible with a hack n the playstation eye thing.

Cuz 360 I can video chat with kinect

21lsbya.jpg

#11 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 25, 2011 - 07:18 PM

This is pissin me off!!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#12 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,609 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 25, 2011 - 10:41 PM

360 ftw...lol, at least i'm still able to play the PS3, i think literally everyone that i've known personally that has owned a 360 with the exception of maybe 3 people have had the thing red ring on them...

can't blame sony for some douche who [expletive]ed up their network...the service is free afterall

Posted Image

#13 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2011 - 02:04 AM

You get what you pay for...

The 360 is a poorly made piece of Communist Chinese Garbage... But the games are good, and XBOX LIVE is the greatest.

And yea, LAGAFAN, you can network all that nonsense with the 360 as well... my friend has it done, with all his iphones, ipads, macs, and what not...

My friend was also saying it could be MONTHS for this to be fixed

Edited by TKainZero, April 26, 2011 - 02:04 AM.

#14 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,084 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 26, 2011 - 06:44 AM

lol

how u do all that?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#15 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,516 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted April 26, 2011 - 10:35 AM

I like how xbox users ignore the fact they've had the same thing happen to their network.

[expletive] happens and networks go down.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,396 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 10:52 AM

Day 6. no new updates yet.

#17 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted April 26, 2011 - 12:18 PM

I GOT SO MANY TROPHIES TO UPDATE DAMN MAN! [expletive] is pissin me off for real!

[expletive] xbox by the way...

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#18 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 01:06 PM

I like how xbox users ignore the fact they've had the same thing happen to their network.

[expletive] happens and networks go down.

Word plus xbox live gold is $50 a year while PSN is free

21lsbya.jpg

#19 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 26, 2011 - 01:09 PM

And free is good :yes: :yes:

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#20 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts

Posted April 26, 2011 - 01:16 PM

Update: Personal Information was most likely compromised as well

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/26/sony-provides-psn-update-confirms-a-compromise-of-personal-inf/

It's looking like things are just as bad as we feared and that "external intrusion" got a little deeper than we might have liked. In an update on its PlayStation.Blog, Sony just confirmed that the ongoing PSN outage was caused by "malicious actions," which we already knew, but continues by indicating that there has also been "a compromise of personal information." Exactly what that means Sony isn't saying, and it stops short of saying that credit card data for PSN and Qrocity users has been exposed, but the company does say "your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained." Yes, it may have been obtained -- even Sony isn't sure. There's no further ETA for when PSN may be back up online or when you might be able to finally sample Portal 2's delicious online co-op mode, but at least you can still watch Netflix.

21lsbya.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users