35 replies to this topic

#21 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:13 PM

We're still thinking of ways to keep "TLN," if you guys would like. I know those three letter have a special place for fans. Andas always, we're open to suggestions. But we thought it was time to expand on what really is a great community here by correcting our website name.

Changing our site name has nothing to do with any other people, but was something we've been wanting to do for a long time, we've owned the domain LakerNation.com for years. No comment in regards to the guy on Twitter because he is clueless.

The essence of our site since we first started as GetGarnett.com was to unite the entire fanbase, and we hope to do that. At the end of the day, this site belongs to everyone that visits it.

We've got a lot of cool things for you guys!

I'd like The Lakers Nation back.

Posted Image

#22 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,599 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:46 PM

"The Lakers Nation" has a nicer ring to it than "Laker Nation". I had never posted on any basketball forums until TLN had made the forums. Initially, I hadn't even discovered TLN until I was browsing AM570's website and they had Lakers updates from TLN on there. I went huh, "The Lakers Nation"? Sounds pretty cool, I'll check it out. Started visiting the blog every day or so to see updates/news (The Gasol breaking news was pretty memorable), and then when the forums came along, it was a good time to join up.

I like The Lakers Nation, it just seems more homely and original. Laker Nation just seems so generic and overused. They're essentially the same, but TLN has its own special ring to it, you know?

#23 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 26,834 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:51 PM

"THE" Lakers Nation sounds more... important - in my opinion.

#24 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,009 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:51 PM

so, I have to type in "lakernation", then click on forums (which opens another window) to get to this site? Although, the url now says "lakernation" and I was only able to go here because of my url history cause when I first open my browser and type in "lakernation" I get an internet error
Pau Gasol is TRASH

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 17, 2011 - 08:41 PM

I'm not exactly sure when, but the guys want me to move the forums to the new URL, which will cause a small amount of downtime. I'm assuming "lakernation" will redirect to "lakernation" after the process is complete, and everyone will still be able to access the forums with both URL's. Not really sure the plan, though.

#26 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted April 17, 2011 - 08:44 PM

I'm not exactly sure when, but the guys want me to move the forums to the new URL, which will cause a small amount of downtime. I'm assuming "lakernation" will redirect to "lakernation" after the process is complete, and everyone will still be able to access the forums with both URL's. Not really sure the plan, though.

I'd have some1 do it at like 2 AM PST when not much users r online.

Posted Image

#27 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,752 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 08:12 AM

It makes no sense to change the name to Laker Nation when your own competition is LakersNation. People are going to be confusing you guys with the other site.

^this

13z8pc6.jpg

#28 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,978 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted April 21, 2011 - 09:28 AM

I don't really get why changing the name, this place is known as "TLN", I bet everyone here calls it "TLN", I think its simple marketing guys, you're loosing the MAIN nickname to the site, trading away your main reminder for one that looks TOO similar to your competition, you're loosing the share of mind, I don't see why changing something that has worked great so far, it could be something like Coke and New Coke, there wasn't really something different in the formulas but the term "New" [expletive]ed it up, you could change the whole expierence by changing something so simple as the name.
I get what Kam said bout uniting the fanbase, but I think the term "The" makes it "the only one out there", makes it "The One".

TLN wanted or not, became your brand, changing it to something so similar as your competition could bring trouble to you and them in terms of popularity and share of mind and stuff, and you're doing great, so why risking the troubles?

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#29 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted April 21, 2011 - 09:41 PM

i think the blog font & size suck :)

#30 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 22, 2011 - 08:55 AM

Stupid move IMO.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#31 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted April 22, 2011 - 11:31 PM

i think the blog font & size suck :)

Looks way better then what it used to be IMO.

#32 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,305 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 23, 2011 - 08:09 PM

Looks way better then what it used to be IMO.

Hey dude! How ya been?!

#33 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted April 23, 2011 - 08:46 PM

Hey dude! How ya been?!

Doing pretty good. =) How about you? Site looks great btw!

#34 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted April 24, 2011 - 12:45 PM

We're still thinking of ways to keep "TLN," if you guys would like. I know those three letter have a special place for fans. Andas always, we're open to suggestions. But we thought it was time to expand on what really is a great community here by correcting our website name.

Changing our site name has nothing to do with any other people, but was something we've been wanting to do for a long time, we've owned the domain LakerNation.com for years. No comment in regards to the guy on Twitter because he is clueless.

The essence of our site since we first started as GetGarnett.com was to unite the entire fanbase, and we hope to do that. At the end of the day, this site belongs to everyone that visits it.

We've got a lot of cool things for you guys!

we've talked about this before. it sucks how lakernation has been ripping tln off. i've never heard of 'em til 09, and for that time i really thought tln and lakernation are the same only to find out that the lakernation is a newly formed site created to basically rip everything there is on tln. oh bummer

#35 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted April 25, 2011 - 08:19 AM

if you're changing the name to 'Laker Nation' then you should change the section called 'TLN News'

Posted Image

#36 laceyjones11

laceyjones11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name:lacey

Posted June 03, 2011 - 01:17 AM

this is very nice ... thanx for sharing

=====================

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users