#381 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2011 - 09:37 PM

I am pissed at Phil Jackson. Why did Ron Artest sit for most of the second half? He dropped 16 in the first half of the game, was the best player on the court for the Lakers...and he barely played after that.

This is what I was wondering as well. He was pretty much player of the game until halftime and then I don't remember seeing him much at all. I think he only touched the ball on offense once more on a drive and kick by Kobe.

#382 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 24, 2011 - 10:05 PM

Failure to secure rebounds lost us the game. Just gave them way too many chances

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#383 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,223 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted April 25, 2011 - 09:38 AM

THANK YOU STERN!!!! is it a coincidence that a financially struggling nba owned team happens to extend the series with some extremely favorable calls towards the end? probably not. I really wouldn't mind officiating if they would consistently call something throughout a series, what i was really furious with was when paul got a technical foul after talking smack to kobe when he scored a layup and then a few minutes later kobe and paul said some words to each other and had to be separated, usually that would have been a double tech right? but they couldn't do that with paul's earlier tech. But what was also surprising is that they didn't call a tech on landry when he hung on the rim for a few seconds, screamed and flailed his arms after a dunk in game three. All people want is consistency i dont care what you call but call it for both sides, this series reminds me of last year, I think the lakers will win in 6 with a blowout in game 5 and another fight in game 7

Are you joking. If the Lakers have to blame the officials against a team like New Orleans they deserve to lose. New Orleans is a one man show, who have had 2 wins that involved literally 2 of the greatest point guard performances in playoff history. Its not the officials fault that the Lakers don't have a point guard. Kobe has played pretty poorly as has the rest of the team other than Artest and Bynum, and they are still in the games, that should show you the shocking disparity in talent. If the Lakers can't get up to demolish a team this bad, there time in the playoffs will be short and deservedly so. Put Kobe on Paul immediately, he can at least slow him down, and not having Kobe on offense will force them to go to their strength, which is their size.

#384 lodom7

lodom7

Rookie

• 928 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Kid
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted April 25, 2011 - 01:20 PM

lakers have motivation now, i had a feeling the nba would do everything it could to extend the series to at least one more game in nola, otherwise its pretty pathetic when you get out played by aaron gray, jason smith, carl landry, and emeka ofukor
Posted Image

Lamar Odom 2005-2011

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users