Photo

Celtics and Clippers Will Pursue Dwight (Pg. 11)

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#21 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 16, 2011 - 01:35 PM

Billionaire owner, Jay Z as a minority owner, Deron Williams and the prospect of moving to Brooklyn which will sell out all the time unlike the meadowlands

I would trade Drew for Bynum...but I think everyone knows how fragile Drew's knees are. Would be hard to convince them.

This

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#22 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,346 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 16, 2011 - 02:04 PM

I always thought D-Howard and D-Will would play together

I was just hoping it would be on the Lakers

#23 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2011 - 02:39 PM

Billionaire owner, Jay Z as a minority owner, Deron Williams and the prospect of moving to Brooklyn which will sell out all the time unlike the meadowlands

I would trade Drew for Bynum...but I think everyone knows how fragile Drew's knees are. Would be hard to convince them.

Word plus Dwight and D Will would be too sick I would like him to come to BK since my bro lives mad close to where the arena is being built but that is if he doesnt go to LA.

#24 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,194 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted April 16, 2011 - 02:49 PM

I always thought D-Howard and D-Will would play together

I was just hoping it would be on the Lakers

That's the dream

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#25 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted April 16, 2011 - 03:50 PM

Man. You guys really think Jim buss wouldn't trade bynum for Dwight then kill yourself. He values the attributes not the person. They would trade fish for billups and anyone else who would fits. That's the goal winning.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#26 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted April 17, 2011 - 05:18 AM

the only I don't like bout Dwight is him getting T's alot

+ watching him shoot Free Throws all game.

I'd rather see him team up with D-Will down in New Jersey.

#27 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted April 17, 2011 - 05:40 AM

Of course he wants to go to the Lakers... he wants Kobe to win him a trophy! I like Bynum when he's healthy better than Dwight though... but Dwight is much healthier than Drew. Drew's only 23 still. Maybe the sports MDs should just go ahead and replace Drew's knees with titanium :)

I love Drew as much as you do, however, Drew just doesnt look like he is gonna last 5 more years and he is only 23!

#28 DRDental

DRDental

Rookie

• 193 posts
  • Fan Since:1985

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:20 AM

ESPN's Rich Bucher wrote in his chat on Friday that "I would expect a Dwight trade this summer or before the next season starts, from what I'm hearing".Howard dropped 46 points and 19 rebounds in Game 1 against Atlanta, yet the Magic still lost by a 10-point margin. However, if the team decides to deal Superman, they're going to get an enormous amount of backlash from the team's fan base, and GM Otis Smith has repeatedly said on the record that they're not looking to deal him. However, one intriguing scenario would be Dwight landing in Chicago to play alongside Derrick Rose for a package built around current starting center Joakim Noah

http://www.rotoworld...1/dwight-howard

I just found the Noah for D. Howard trade to be interesting.. I would doubt that would happen. I just don't think they'd trade to another power in the conference.. But Rose with Howard would be as good as any combo in the league. I'd personally take it over LeBron/Wade combo since they are similar in position.

#29 rasta028

rasta028

Rookie

• 428 posts
  • Name:Al
  • Fan Since:1969
  • Fav. Laker:Gasol

Posted April 17, 2011 - 07:43 AM

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37836

Ric Bucher? LOL this is the same clown who said that Kobe would never wear a Lakers uniform again...don't get your hopes up that we'll get Dwight

Edited by rasta028, April 17, 2011 - 07:44 AM.

#30 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 08:02 AM

Ric Bucher? LOL this is the same clown who said that Kobe would never wear a Lakers uniform again...don't get your hopes up that we'll get Dwight

I wouldnt calla Bucher a clown, Kobe was gone... if it werent for that no trade clause and Kobe realizing that he would probably be a worse situation. If the Magic get bounced in round 1, Howard wont be too happy and will have the ability to opt out next season. I think thats where Bucher is coming from. It might be another Melo situation. Lets be honest, outside of new york, the mecca LA for Basketball.

#31 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted April 17, 2011 - 09:54 AM

What's so funny? The truth is Kobe used Bucher during his drama with the Lakers just like he did with Jim Gray when Kobe had problems with Shaq.

Edited by Niss, April 17, 2011 - 09:55 AM.

#32 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,581 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted April 29, 2011 - 10:13 PM

Contract Extension On Table For Dwight

Posted Image

By Josh Robbins, Orlando Sentinel

The Orlando Magic have taken a step to retain Dwight Howard for the long term.

The Magic have offered the superstar center a two-year contract extension, the longest extension league rules permit the team to offer before July 1.

"The extension is on the table," Magic President of Basketball Operations Otis Smith told reporters Friday.

Howard almost certainly will not sign the extension.

He is already is under contract for both the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, but he has the right to invoke an early termination option and become a free agent during the summer of 2012.

By waiting until 2012 to decide his future, and by giving other teams a chance to make pitches to him, Howard would have additional leverage that could force Magic officials to make moves to improve a club that didn't advance out of this postseason's first round.

At the very least, waiting would give Howard more time to assess how competitive the Magic will be in the years ahead.

Howard was in no mood to discuss his future plans when he met with the press early Friday afternoon, about 15 hours after the Magic were eliminated by the Atlanta Hawks.

When asked about the contract extension Smith referred to, Howard responded, "I haven't seen a contract."

When a reporter followed up, Howard said, "I haven't seen it."

Dan Fegan, Howard's agent, did not return a message from the Orlando Sentinel for comment.

"We just got finished playing a playoff series and now you're asking me about contracts," Howard added later. "Nobody wants to talk about a contract right now. We just lost in a playoff series, so there's no need for me to be talking about contracts and where I'm going to sign."

If this was going to be a normal offseason, the Magic would be able to offer Howard a three-year extension after June 30.

But the league's current collective bargaining agreement is scheduled to expire on July 1, and that complicates everything.

What will the new CBA look like?

No one knows for sure.

A franchise tag would enable teams to hold onto their top players.

Also a possibility: shorter lengths and salaries for maximum-level contracts. If such a proposal is enacted, Howard could be left with a lower annual salary if he waits than if he merely extends his current deal.

Asked if he thought Howard would sign the extension, Smith responded, "I don't know. It's up to him and his people."

Asked if he was confident that Howard would remain a member of the Magic after the 2011-12 season, Smith said, "I have a lot of faith that he'll be back here."

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-dwight-howard-magic-contract-0430-20110429,0,6379604.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+orlandosentinel%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fmagic+%28OrlandoSentinel.co

#33 ツ  

ツ  

All-Star

• 5,670 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted April 29, 2011 - 10:32 PM

Trade Drew, Barnes, Brown for Howard and Redik

Edited by ツ  , April 29, 2011 - 10:33 PM.

#34 LakerGirl24

LakerGirl24

Rookie

• 417 posts
  • Name:Krystal
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted April 30, 2011 - 12:08 AM

fyi guys. any team would love to have Bynum next season. His contract has a team option. Thats a 15 million expiring contract. And did someone say Humphries would be better lol?

Remember that Humphries comes with a Kardashian... that's an advantage right? All of their men win trophies ;)

#35 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted April 30, 2011 - 01:40 AM

Wow if this happens, it'll be like Shaq joining the Lakers again in 1996. I think one of the main reasons why the Lakers is heavily being favored by Dwight is not because of Kobe, but the mere fact that the Lakers build around their centers, and their centers are actually the "centerpiece" of a Laker championship. Just look at Bynum. He would've been better than Dwight if not for the injured knees. Dwight's not stupid either. He knows Kobe's years are almost over, and when that time comes, he's going to be the "center" of attention of the Lakers franchise. Bad pun, I know. And we all know that the Lakers always build around their star players.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#36 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,143 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted April 30, 2011 - 08:22 PM

Trade Pau for Howard str8 up enough said
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#37 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 30, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Wow if this happens, it'll be like Shaq joining the Lakers again in 1996. I think one of the main reasons why the Lakers is heavily being favored by Dwight is not because of Kobe, but the mere fact that the Lakers build around their centers, and their centers are actually the "centerpiece" of a Laker championship. Just look at Bynum. He would've been better than Dwight if not for the injured knees. Dwight's not stupid either. He knows Kobe's years are almost over, and when that time comes, he's going to be the "center" of attention of the Lakers franchise. Bad pun, I know. And we all know that the Lakers always build around their star players.

I don't agree with that...

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#38 urkle9

urkle9

Off The Bench

• 1,807 posts

Posted May 01, 2011 - 06:24 AM

according to my 2k11 simulations, bynum ended up with 7 rings lol, lebron only 1 haaa

#39 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted May 01, 2011 - 07:13 AM

according to my 2k11 simulations, bynum ended up with 7 rings lol, lebron only 1 haaa

Wow. :laughing:

Posted Image

#40 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,803 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted May 02, 2011 - 12:23 PM

I once led the Bucks to back-to-back titles with Jeff McGinnis. He averaged 20/6/18 with 6 steals a game. On 2K8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users