9 replies to this topic

#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 15, 2011 - 09:32 PM

Effective immediately, unnecessary and excessive negative remarks about the Lakers players and team will be considered baiting.

For example, if Ron is playing bad...you can say that. Say he's screwing up.

HOWEVER, we don't need to read it 100 times in a gameday topic.

There's also no reason to post "Fakers" on this site, so don't do it. It's a term used by a lot of non-Lakers fans to take shots at the team. I won't put it in the ban filter, but mods will be on the look-out for it in topics and posts. If they see it over and over again, they will be advised to hand out suspensions.

For the most part, baiting is easiest to find on message boards that contain multiple fanbases (obviously). It's not uncommon to find it here, though.

-------

In addition to this, I'll advise the entire community to suck it up when it comes to criticism. It's going to happen.

If all you're going to do is whine and complain about the team, while ignoring the positives, leave now.

If you're going to ignore the negatives, say we're perfect, and then throw temper-tantrums about the negative feedback, leave with them.

To keep it short and sweet, nobody should expect perfection, none should accept failure, and everyone should expect positive and negative feedback.

#2 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 15, 2011 - 09:48 PM

This is a big warning to windu lol

Posted Image

#3 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,687 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted April 15, 2011 - 11:35 PM

I hope that this rule will be taken seriously. It's annoying when certain users are always bashing on the team in the gameday discussion, just basically asking for someone to cuss them out on a forum with a filter.

#4 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted April 16, 2011 - 03:57 AM

I hope that this rule will be taken seriously. It's annoying when certain users are always bashing on the team in the gameday discussion, just basically asking for someone to cuss them out on a forum with a filter.

To be fair, a lot of people are very competitive in sports and very loyal to their team.

Kobe Bryant just got fined for his "gay slur", yet people backed Kobe up, saying that he said it in the heat of the moment and in one of the most important games of the season.

So why would you get mad at someone doing basically the same thing in Gametalk, saying the team sucks? (you know they don't mean it). It is in the moment of the game. I think that in the gametalk threads, the rule should be enforced lighter to this rule, as there are many rules broken in that thread. Bypassing swear filter, (unintentional) post-padding...the list can go on. I really think we should consider Gametalk as a "enter at your own risk" kind of forum, hundreds of posts go into those threads within 2-3 hours and it would be nearly impossible for a few moderators and Real Deal trying to catch everything in game talk. I've read game talk, the threads made there are not filled with constructive posting, it's people posting scores or cheering on Kobe for making the last shot he took with a few people who are overly stressed about a regular season game.

Edited by Base, April 16, 2011 - 04:03 AM.

#5 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,092 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 16, 2011 - 06:50 AM

This is a big warning to windu lol

I'm sure it's something that Real wants me to make note of/adjust to and I have no problem with that. But, this clearly isn't about me and me alone.

In addition to this, I'll advise the entire community to suck it up when it comes to criticism. It's going to happen.

When I make my typical "fakers" remark when the lakers are playing like so...that's just how I'm feeling at the moment...it's not an attempt to bait.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#6 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,053 posts

Posted April 16, 2011 - 07:17 AM

When I make my typical "fakers" remark when the lakers are playing like so...that's just how I'm feeling at the moment...it's not an attempt to bait.

It may not be your attempt to bait, but you know how people get around here. Disagreements sure go well on this board :eh:

#7 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,021 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 16, 2011 - 11:55 AM

Add "fakers" to your [expletive] filter if you don't want people using it

#8 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted April 16, 2011 - 03:36 PM

There's also no reason to post "Fakers" on this site, so don't do it. It's a term used by a lot of non-Lakers fans to take shots at the team.

I wonder who that's referring to. :whistle:

Posted Image

#9 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted April 16, 2011 - 07:15 PM

I'm a positive and negative guy. I may bash the hell out of someone but I will also praise them just as easily. More often then not I will bash so I will try and refrain from that. Just don't piss me off Lakers! :laughing:

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#10 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted April 17, 2011 - 02:37 AM

Add "fakers" to your [expletive] filter if you don't want people using it

Nah, because it can be used in other ways, not just referring to the Lakers.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users