• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,160 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted April 14, 2011 - 07:42 AM

wasn't the off-topic related subform supposed to be members only? im at school and did not log into my account and i was able to view everything. i thought that if you weren't logged in and you clicked on off-topic you should get an error that says "you must be logged in to view this"

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 14, 2011 - 09:54 AM

Actually...yes. :hmm:

I'm pretty sure we've had it set up for members-only access for a long time, right? I'm not sure when it changed.

#3 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 09:58 AM

Sometimes i come on w/o being logged in and id see some parts of the offtopic section every now and then, other times its private...

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 10:25 PM

Sometimes i come on w/o being logged in and id see some parts of the offtopic section every now and then, other times its private...

Is it a specific section? Permissions are set to "members-only" for the entire Off-Topic forum, which SHOULD include everything in it.

Maybe topics that are in sub-forums (such as the Photography thread) are visible because that particular sub-forum is marked for all to see...not sure.

http://lakernation.com/forums/topic/8720-the-photography-thread

As a guest, I can see that. However, I can't go into the Off-Topic forum.

#5 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 07:14 AM

Is it a specific section? Permissions are set to "members-only" for the entire Off-Topic forum, which SHOULD include everything in it.

Maybe topics that are in sub-forums (such as the Photography thread) are visible because that particular sub-forum is marked for all to see...not sure.

I've been able to view the Hot Guys Thread before while on as a guest. Along with What are you listening to. There have been times i was able to view any thread in offtopic that got articles and whatnot, like the political stuff etc. This doesn't happen ALL the time, it's been an on and off kinda thing whenever I used to get on here w/o logging in so yah..

#6 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,160 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 12:07 PM

before, it would not allow me to click on anything inside of Off-topic. when i click on off-topic or any of the other sub forums within off topic (video games, music, movies & tech) it would say error, but i could view everything now

edit; ok nevermind, i just logged off my account (on my main computer) and it didnt allow me to view it, but when im at school i go on tln w/o logging on i click on offtopic and it would allow me to view stuff in there.

Edited by vong, April 15, 2011 - 12:09 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted April 15, 2011 - 07:56 PM

I hope it's not a cache problem. That doesn't make sense, though.

Check that school computer again pretty soon (if you can). I'm interested to see what you can view now.

#8 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,160 posts

Posted April 21, 2011 - 07:34 AM

okay i am at school again.

when i am at the mainpage of the forum and i click OFFTOPIC. it says i have to log in. BUT when i press BACK and then MUSIC / TV / TECH / VIDEO GAMES without clicking on offtopic. i am able to view those subforums here is a picture, if the way i worded it makes no sense ha.

Posted Image

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users