#1 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 760 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:07 PM

This is for anyone who likes hockey and will be watching the playoffs that start on Wednesday. I am a huge hockey fan. What are your predictions for the playoffs?

Winners in bold for me.

Eastern Conference

No. 1 vs No. 8
Washington Capitals vs. New York Rangers

I chose the Capitals because they are probably the best team in the east, and even though they have had troubles in the past in the first round, I think they will win in 6 games, and the Rangers are really hurt because they lost one of their best players in Ryan Callahan.

No. 2 vs No. 7
Philadelphia Flyers vs. Buffalo Sabres

The Sabres have been surging lately and they have one of the best goalies in the league in Ryan Miller and I think he carries them to a first round upset of the Flyers.

No. 3 vs No. 6
Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadians

Gary Bettman couldn't be more happier with this first round match up between two Original Six teams, these teams hate each other with a fiery passion. But I think the bruins are two strong of team this year to let up in the playoffs like they did last time. Bruins in 7

No. 4 vs No. 5
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Tampa Bay Lighting

I think the Lighting win this series because they have one of the most exciting young talents in the league, Steven Stamkos, and the Penguins don't have their two best players playing, Sidney Crosby and Eveni Malkin, so that will affect them tremendously. Lighting in 6

Western Conference

No. 1 vs No. 8
Vancouver Canucks vs. Chicago Blackhawks

The defeating champs face the team who I think will win it all in the Canucks. The Canucks are way to strong this year with the Sedin twins and Ryan Kesler, and the best goalie in the league in Roberto Luongo, and the Blackhawks are not the team of last year especially their goalie situation. Canucks in 5.

No. 2 vs No. 7
San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings
This is the year the Sharks will maybe make some noise in the playoffs, the Sharks actually have a good goalie, Antti Niemi, who helped the Blackhawks win the title last year. The Kings also lost their best offensive player, Anze Kopitar, which will hurt them alot. Sharks in 6.

No. 3 vs No 6
No. 3 Detroit Red Wings vs. No. 6 Phoenix Coyotes
The Red Wings are too strong of team to be upset in the first round by the Coyotes who really don't have a offensive threat, the only hope the Coyotes have is if their goalie, Ilya Bryzgalov stands on his head and plays out of his mind. Wings in 5.

No. 4 vs No. 5
Anaheim Ducks vs. Nashville Predators
This series is really a toss-up for me because both these teams have different playing styles. The Ducks have a great offensive while the Predators stress defense. The Predators have to strong of defensive to lose this series and capable firing power in the offense. I think this series could go to seven games with the Predators winning game 7.

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,870 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:15 PM

KINGS!!!

#3 KobeDiem

KobeDiem

Biggest Laker Fan in Boston

• 341 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted April 11, 2011 - 07:52 PM

DUCKS!!!! we doin it :rock: :rock: :rock:
REDEEM TO REPEAT!
2009-2010 CHAMPIONS!
Posted Image

#4 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted April 22, 2011 - 04:36 PM

The choke job by the Kings in Game 3 was definitely full of epic-ness for my Sharks. :laughing:

#5 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 760 posts

Posted April 25, 2011 - 10:40 PM

The choke job by the Kings in Game 3 was definitely full of epic-ness for my Sharks. :laughing:

lol that was great, I was watching the game with my friend, and it was 4 to 0 and I told him this game is over, and then we look a couple hours later and we saw the sharks won lol

#6 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 760 posts

Posted April 27, 2011 - 09:07 PM

7 out of 8 in the first round isn't to bad!

Now onto the semi-finals, and here are my predictions !! (winners in bold)

Eastern Conference

No. 1 Washington Capitals vs. No. 5 Tampa Bay Lightning

Interesting series here, the Capitals won the season series over the Lighting, 4 to 2, and I see that happening again, the Capitals are going to be rested with beating the Rangers rather easily, and the Lighting had to come back versus the Pens. I see the capitals winning in six because they are to strong this year.

No. 3 Boston Bruins vs. No. 2 Philadelphia Flyers

The bruins won the season series 3 to 1, and in this series I do not know which one to choose from, the Flyers didn't look that good versus the Sabres, but I think the Bruins win in seven games. They have the better goalie in Tim Thomas and the Flyers are switching goalies, like a little kid switching ponies on a merry go round.

Western Conference

No. 1 Vancouver Canucks vs. No. 5 Nashville Predators

Both teams split the season series 2 to 2. My heart wants to choose the Predators because they looked really strong versus the Ducks, but my brain is telling me the Canucks because they were the best teams in the regular season, even though they looked pretty bad versus the blackhawks in the last 3 games, but I think the Sedin twins wake up, and Ryan Kesler wakes up as well, and they win in six versus the Predators.

No. 2 San Jose Sharks vs. No. 3 Detroit Red Wings

The sharks won the season series 3 to 1, I hate the red wings with a passion so I'll go with the sharks winning in seven.

Eastern Conference Finals

Washington Capitals vs. Boston Bruins

The Bruins won the season series 3 to 1, but I think the Caps are the better team and I think the Bruins are going to run out of gas with 2 series that went to seven games, and the Caps got the best player in the world on their team in Alexander Ovechkin, and they win in five.

Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks

The Canucks won the season series 3 to 1, ,and I think they win this season as well, the were my pick to represent the west in the stanley cup and I don't trust the Sharks to make it that far, because of their past in the last couple of playoffs. I think the Canucks win in seven.

STANLEY CUP

Washington Capitals vs. Vancouver Canucks

The two number 1 seeds in their respective conferences meet for the Stanley Cup, this is a really tough series to pick, but I'll pick the Capitals because they have been playing better lately then the Canucks.

Edited by kobedoinwork, April 27, 2011 - 09:42 PM.

#7 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted May 02, 2011 - 03:21 PM

Vancouver Canucks vs. San Jose Sharks

The Canucks won the season series 3 to 1, ,and I think they win this season as well, the were my pick to represent the west in the stanley cup and I don't trust the Sharks to make it that far, because of their past in the last couple of playoffs. I think the Canucks win in seven.

I might agree with you based also on the fact that the Sharks always screw it up in the playoffs. But it seems like they got some magic going like the SF Giants :rock: I mean they came back to win that Game 3 vs. the Kings after being down 4-0 in the 2nd period. Giants were lucky enough to get some breaks from Braves' 2nd baseman Brooks Conrad so you never know.... maybe it's FINALLY the sharks year!

#8 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 760 posts

Posted May 02, 2011 - 09:55 PM

I might agree with you based also on the fact that the Sharks always screw it up in the playoffs. But it seems like they got some magic going like the SF Giants :rock: I mean they came back to win that Game 3 vs. the Kings after being down 4-0 in the 2nd period. Giants were lucky enough to get some breaks from Braves' 2nd baseman Brooks Conrad so you never know.... maybe it's FINALLY the sharks year!

hell yeah that would be awesome i like the sharks

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,434 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted May 02, 2011 - 11:02 PM

I had my heart tore out by the canucks in game 7. Was a great series though. Playoff hockey is so intense. I love it.

I was extremely confident my Hawks would take GM7 when Toews scored with seconds to go in the third(to tie it). Plus Crawford putting up a brick wall all game. Then in the blink of an eye(or a Campoli turnover) it was over. :eh:

It's OK. My team can't and won't win it every year. It just makes last year even more special. :rock:

Go Blackhawks. Forever.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#10 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 760 posts

Posted May 05, 2011 - 12:32 PM

I had my heart tore out by the canucks in game 7. Was a great series though. Playoff hockey is so intense. I love it.

I was extremely confident my Hawks would take GM7 when Toews scored with seconds to go in the third(to tie it). Plus Crawford putting up a brick wall all game. Then in the blink of an eye(or a Campoli turnover) it was over. :eh:

It's OK. My team can't and won't win it every year. It just makes last year even more special. :rock:

Go Blackhawks. Forever.

hey are you from the midwest? just because you like the packers and the blackhawks?

- i know i am a fan of the blackhawks and i thought they were going to win the game with toews tied it up

#11 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 22,434 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted July 26, 2011 - 03:42 PM

No. Born and raised in California.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users