119 replies to this topic

#101 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,403 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted May 08, 2012 - 04:59 AM

LOL, my FaceBook foe is getting shy now, barely said a word....

7 hours ago
Grant McKenzie

Oh so numbers only matter as you see fit...I comprehend that! Good luck "rain man"!

2 minutes ago
Me

Gosh, you really are dense. I made a complete case for all the numbers, and backed them all up with sound logic. Modern era titles are worth more, the game got competitive. Old titles are worth less. I showed how the early years of any sport have one or two teams winning the lion share of the titles. As I pointed out, when the NBA got tough, the Lakers dug in and competed and the Celtics folded. If good years can add to a team's greatness, bad years can take away from it. Boston missing the playoffs 9 times after Larry Bird retired drags Boston down even further. As I saidi n the opening statements, the Lakers are the greatest franchise and it isn't even close. I challenge, you or anyone to prove my presentation wrong, it can't be done! Thanks for the laughs, you just don't get it.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#102 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Here we go...This Celtics fan is melting down before my eyes...

Grant McKenzie

Been called many things argumentative, proud, stubborn but dense no! I get that you are trying to prove a point through your perceived logic and provoke Celtics fans like myself...point is you're dense for even trying...why would we agree when head to head we are ahead on regular season and post season wins plus titles. You can only beat the opposition in the era you play and none is worth more than the other it's all relevant if it's recognized. You use your perception to argue logic! Logic is black and white not grey (or [expletive] ass purple). Got you covered "rain man" stick to chess and the debate team might need a new coach at your local high school if you're lucky!

about a minute ago
me

you simply make no sense at all, and you prove the illogic that Celtics fans present to make their cases. When you examine the entire history of the NBA, everything counts, not just what you want to count. Every season both teams compete for a title, but when your precious Celtics don't win one, you wish to skip over that year as if it never happened and only count titles and head to head. It isn't the Lakers fault Boston won't show up when we are the better team. 39-24 measures the entire history of the NBA and it is irrefutalbe proof the Lakers are the better franchise., you are really making yourself look foolish by ignoring this imortant statistic. It isn't my preceived logic, it's simple cold, hard, facts. I measure everything, and you "Cherry Pick" to make your case. Look at the video again, i piinted this blatant fact out in the beginning. Thanks for keeping the Lakers fans who are tracking the reposting of these comments on LakerNation highly amused. Please keep at it.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

#103 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 04:20 PM

More meltdown, and a challenge! Let's see if I called his bluff or not....

Grant McKenzie

thanks for keeping Celtics fans likewise amused!

a few seconds ago
Me

Hahah, send me a link to where you're reposting this because I'll go there and take them all on. your logic is flawed and skewed, you must realize that. You count what you want, I count everything. Your results are skewed, mine are accurate. I gave you my link, now you give me yours. More Celtics fans need to see this video and fel the pain of the truth as you have.

#104 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 04:23 PM

a few seconds ago
me

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F48707-history-of-the-lakersceltics-rivalry%2Fpage__st__100__gopid__1086763#entry1086763
You have been challenged, bring your fellow Celtics fans into the fray, or stop shooting me hot air.

#105 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 06:41 PM

LOL, he had no place Celtics fans were laughing at me, he just made this and I already own him: https://www.facebook...141984715841505

Have fun, laughing at him, and any Celtics fan he brings in!

#106 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted June 05, 2012 - 05:59 AM

I've been meaning to get in here with an update. Because the Lakers fell in the 2nd round, and Boston won, by my criterea, the Celtics win this season betwen the two teams, but our margin is still lopsided at 39-25, and 25-8 in the Modern Era which I have proven, counts the most. A pity Derrick Rose went down in game 1, or Boston likely would have lost in round two and we would have taken this year as well. Also, unfortunately, the Sixes couldn't win that second road game in Boston. If they had, the Celtics would have earned "Banner 19" for the NBA record 19 series lost while holding home court advantage.

But anyway, although Boston is still alive for a title, which is a longshot, even if they somehow win it, they will not retake greatest franchise honors from us. However, anyone who really thinks about it, like me, knows that Boston getting to the ECF, really helps expose their deficiencies in the Modern Era. It goes back to this post:

http://lakernation.c...post__p__927951

There, I compare the Celtics with the Heat, during the latter team's existence. Since we all know Boston fans only count titles, and head to heads, this series will bring great pain to them if they lose. First, my link above already shows Miami is the better franchise in their existence, and if the Heat win it, they go up head to head. A Miami title this year, or any soon, put them firmly ahead of Boston in categories the Celtics hypocrites value most. So, let's hope for a Heat win in this series to further degrade the Celtics and diminish their status in comparison to the Lakers.

Oh, one other thing. I find it humorous some people are saying if OKC wins, then Derek Fisher leads Kobe in titles, 6-5. Well, one other thing will happen in that case....

Kendrick Perkins 2: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen, Rajon Rondo, 1.

That Perkins trade was one of the dumbest in NBA history. I mean, why does Pierce need a backup? If the game is a must win, play him all 48! Really dumb spin to put on it, that Pierce needed a back up. And their fans bought it! (cough, cough, look at zelsound's posts here). Boston doesn't have a center, KG is no center, I don't care how good a year he had at the position this year.

#107 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted June 09, 2012 - 04:32 AM

After Boston won game 5, my FaceBook for, that silly Aussie, spams my messages and my Celtics Buster fan page with his promise banner 18 is coming this year. Another Lakers fan and I totally owned him, and the little chicken went and deleted the topic! Too bad, it was classic ownage. Now, he's gone silent after LeBron went medeival on that Celtics butt on Thursday....

Here's my Celtics Busters fan page. I only have 3 likes because I haven't pimped it: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003590547200#!/BostonCelticsBusters

Here's his Lakers Haters pages, go let him have it gang!

https://www.facebook.com/grant.mckenzie74#!/pages/LA-LAKERS-SUCK/294126349026
https://www.facebook.com/grant.mckenzie74#!/pages/Lakers-Suck/216898685044

What I find amusing is the 20 dislike ratings on my YouTube video, that means 20 more delusional Beantowners learned the truth!

#108 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted June 10, 2012 - 08:30 AM

Miami eliminates Boston and officially surpasses them as a better franchise since the Heat were born. It's cold cut clear, and set in stone. Let me repeat and update my post I linked above, to leave no doubt.

However. the next evolution of the modern era came in 1988, when the NBA added 4 new teams in 2 seasons. Certainly there were enough players to fill out team rosters, and further expansion came soon after. The Mavericks were the first expansion team of the modern era, and besides the Heat, the only ones of the modern era to win a title. It's possible the Mvs may win 1 or 2 more before Dirk is done and move up the list, but I want to instead focus on the Miami Heat. We can't say yet how many of the 8 titles LeBron promised they will win, but they do have a chance to climb up the list, and quickly. I have pointed out earlier in this discussion how any two team can be compared, so what about scrutinizing the Boston Celtics vs. the Miami Heat? How do they measure up head to head? Well, clearly, if you look at their entire histories, it's no contest, but it isn't the Heat's fault they are a new team.However, to be fair, a comparison of the two franchises can be made from the point in time the Heat were born until today.

From 1988-89 to 2010-11 both teams have 1 championship. Even from a Celtics point of view to only count titles, that's a wash, but what about everything else? Boston fans need to look at everything else to determin who is better, they certainly can't be happy with a tie! Here's a list:

Celtics:
1 Champsionship
1 Finals loss
2 Eastern conference finals loss
5 second round playoff losses
6 first round playoff losses
9 seasons missed playoffs.

Heat
1 Championship
1 Finals loss
1 NBA finals undecided, 2012.
2 Eastern conference finals losses
2 second round playoff losses.
9 first round playoff lossses
8 seasons missed playoffs

Head to head in playoffs: Miai Heat 2- Boston Celtics 1

Miami has an edge getting past the second round, but Boston has an edge getting into the second round. In turn Miami has an edge making the playoffs which isn't bad at all considering they missed them in their first three seasons, which is expected of an expansion team.

Only one test remains, who did better every single season, applying the same criterea in which the Lakers historical edge over the Celtics is 39-24.

Boston comes out ahead in 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010
Miami comes out ahead in 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012

Edge Miami 13-11. Most likely this can be attributed to the Heat making the playoffs one time more. Glaringly omitted of course is the reason we all know, Boston went into a 22 year funk. What should be disturbing to Boston fans is they once led Miami 5-0, and have been outdone 13-6 ever since. That margin wil probably increase while the Big 3 reside in Miami. That's what happens when a franchise collapses, as Boston's did and probably will again.

So who's the better team in the last 24 seasons? It's Miami. I can tell you right now, this is no argument a Celtics fan wants to even think about. I posted it at MSN Fox over a year ago and all the Celtics fans could do was laugh, with nothing to back themselves up with of course. The historical facts are there, for all to see, and they expose Boston as not being as great a franchise as people think they are.

The biggest danger the Celtics have to lose their foothold in the modern era is 3 of there 4 titles in it were at the beginning of it all. Both they and the Lakers won 3 titles in the first 7 years, with the Sixers getting the other. Boston gets second best franchise honors simply because of all those Russell era titles. It is going to take years for any team to threaten the overall total championship count of either Boston or the Lakers, but the tallies of those won in the modern era are pretty close. As I have already pointed out those Russell era titles lose their significance in light of the modern era and how the league has changed. Those 3 Bird titles are still worth a lot, but they too may lose some significance if Boston can't continue competing for titles in the decades to come. This will all become much clearer when I analyze the Celtics versus the Spurs, Pistons, and Bulls during the modern era.

This list will need to be updated again, pending Miami's finals result. But if you look at it as it is now, there is more evidence that the silly arguments of my old foe Celtics_55 have no merit at all. First, as it is now, it's clear Miami is ahead of Boston, and can climb even further ahead with a finals win, tiebreaking the championships won margin. 13-11 and 2-1 are the significant numbers with 13-11 being the controlling factor. Of course, being down 2-1 in head to head exposes the hypocrisy of the value of head to head they place on it comparing to the Lakers, but in that case, it's 39-25 that counts. Here, Miami leads in both categories, thus leaving Celtics fans to admit they are a worse franchise than the Heat since they were born, and therefore, obviously inferir to the Lakers. Now, the next step is to show how Celtics_55's arguments have no merit. If Miami loses the finals, they will have a losing finals record, and according to him and his flawed logic, jhaving a losing finals record precludes a team from being the greates, or in this case, I am certain he would tout the fact the Celtics only lost one finals, not two, and thereforre must be considered better. LOL, what a joke that is! I'll say it again, you can't win the finals if you don't get there. Now, by losing yet another ECF, Boston's historical mark in the ECF falls to 21-12, while the Lakers are 31-9. Losing the ECF protects Boston's 17-4 finals mark, something Celtics_55 values as extremely significant, when it isn't. Boston just wasn't good enough in non championship years, and most of those were a disaster.Even with the number of ECF's Boston lost with HCA, they wouldn't have won more titles had they made it to the finals, being underdogs 7 times against the Lakers, and now here in 2012, in the same spot against the Thunder. So, 17-4 gets protected again, and likely will for years to come as the Celtics won't be sniffing the finals anytime soon. sine the Lakers title of 1948 gets tossed out of the books, the Lakers actually have a finals mark of 17-15. If somehow Boston had managed 11 more finals appearances as the Lakers, they would likely have a 17-15 finals record as well. That's why you can't commpare 17-4 to 16-15. It's like apples to oranges, the totals are too far off each other. Of course, Celtics_55 sees them only as finals marks and thus they can be compared, but of course we know his logic is flawed, and I proved it already.... About time for him to be invited to this thread, first, I'll get the video in his hands....

#109 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted June 10, 2012 - 08:57 AM

]Anyway, here are my last messages to that fool from down under:

May 8
Grant McKenzie

you're not a preacher Bobby and I don't think you're spreading any good word! But I'll link you in shortly just gotta go and do a Kobe and wipe my ass with 16 sheets of purple and gold TP!

May 8
me

I hope your fellow Celtics fans aren't foul mouthed as you are, and are willing to address and answer everything, which you so carefully avoid!

May 8
Grant McKenzie

It's called sarcasm and seriously get off your high horse I was being humorous not deliberately offensive...I think that may be lost in Aussie-US translation!

May 8
Grant McKenzie

#1 https://www.facebook...141984715841505

May 11
Grant McKenzie

and it's all tied at 3-3....getting nervous??? Wouldn't want to lose with home court advantage....stats precious stats!!!

May 11
me

nervous? Not at all? Besides, best you can possibly do this season is cut it to 39-25! LOL
you can't smack me at all, I have proven the Lakers are the better franchise, you have done nothing but shoot hot air! YOu have no defense, and you know it!

June 5
Grant McKenzie

Hate to tell ya this whoever you really are....Bobby Fischer chess grandmaster died in 2008 and the Lakers as you know em died a few weeks ago...or at least their game stunk like death! Number 18 here we come...go Celtics!

June 6
me

So, at least you recognize that the Celtics finished better than the Lakers did this year, and have thus legitimaticized my contention 39-25 tells the true story of which franchise is the better between the two. You Celtics fans just have no clue of how to argue and I have owned each of every one of you each and every time. you haven't even beat the Heat yet and won't beat the West if you make it to the finals, and you know that. You already have banner 18, look on my Celtics Busters fan page in hte photos section, it's linked on my wall here In the meantime, you should be thankful Derrick Rose went down to injury or the Lakers would have won this year on tiebreaks and it would be 40-24. Still, it's 25-8 in the Modern Era when the NBA matters the most. LOL, you have shot your mouth off too early, you know as well as I Boston is "One and Done". See ya soon, be prepared to be roasted when the chowderheads fold, again. Even if a miracle occurs and Boston does win it all, they won't be the better franchise than the Lakers. 1 title does not change 39-25 and 25-8!

Yesterday
me

Man, deleting your topic from my wall was the ultimate chickenery on your part. Dude, You got owned, plain and simple. Thanks to people like you, I am going to make certain every Celtics fan in the world sees my video, or the text of it. It'a all your fault! Just wanted you to know that. LOL at you promising banner 18 this year, LeBron went medeival on that Celtics ass Thursday night. By the way, if the Heat win tonight, they will be a greater franchise than the Celtics since they were born in 1988. I've already proved they are, marginally before this year, but a Heat win clinches it. Before 1988 doesn't count, the Heat didn't exist then! LOL, silly Aussie picking a 2nd rate one and done franchise. Lakers rule, and you know it!

13 hours ago
me

One, and done. Enjoy mediocrity for the Celtics for years to come. Banner 18? LOL, I told you, they have it already for mst playoff series lost while holding home court advantage. Check my Celtics Busters page photos....

10 minutes ago
me

The Miami Heat officially pass the Boston Celtics as the better franchise since they were born in 1988 proof here: http://lakernation.c...ost__p__1110722
History of the Lakers/Celtics Rivalry
lakernation.com
LOL, my FaceBook foe is getting shy now, barely said a word.... 7 hours ago Grant McKenzie Oh so numbers only matter as you see fit...I compr.....

10 minutes ago
me

Time to get the mesage out there Grant, and it's partially your fault! Yes, there are other haters out there that drive me, thanks.
Why did you change your avatar? Oh, I know, I would be ashamed to fly a Celtics avatar, who wants to support a dead franchise? Enjoy lotteryville for years to come.

#110 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted June 10, 2012 - 09:04 AM

Anyway, I was hoping to get a million views at least from my video, there are neough Lakes fans who need to see it...However, no big deal. It has 33 likes and 20 dislikes. I think it will be fin just to share it on Boston boards, see if I can't get the dislikes way up there in number. That will make me happy to know more boston fans saw the truth. I place the blame on this to people like:

Celtics_55
Colorado_Kobe from MSN, most commonly known as Colarado_Khloe
FAKE nba_is_the_worst, also from MSN, he copies legit poster's screennames and spams the boards, and gets tons of people banned.
Chip, also from MSN, We called him Chip, like the charcter from Animal House who begs for more paddlings.. "Thank you sir ay I have another!"
And now Grant McKenzie.

If these fools hadn't argued with me, andmitted I was right,and helped get me kicked of FOX MSN Sports, I wouldn't be so determined. so it's all their fault the message will be taken to the chowderheads!

Really, I'm a meek and humble guy in real life, keep to myself. Except where the Lakers are concerned, then the devotee I am comes out!

Edited by Lakers_55, June 10, 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#111 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 30, 2012 - 03:29 PM

This is some good stuff man. Basically when someone argues with me I say these quick things:
1. The Lakers have have been the more consistent winning team throughout the history of the NBA. 16 championships throughout all the eras, (not the majority coming when basketball first began), and the 39-24 playoff advantage.
2. The Lakers have repeated and 3 peated more than the celtics have. Of course they will throw in the 8 peat argument which is impressive I'll admit but that's not too hard when you figure out how to play the game before any other team and you play against what, 8 teams instead of 29? LOL.
3. 10 more finals appearances than them
4. More regular season wins
Celdick fans are delusional and refuse to face reality

Edited by LakersChamps243, June 30, 2012 - 03:29 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#112 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted November 15, 2012 - 08:06 AM

A bit more about the rivarly during the 1980's.I've already posted this, but it fits in here nicely, the origination of hte BEAT LA! chant. In 1982 Lakers and Celtics each had a title, and both held HCA in the conference finals. We swept the Spurs, but Boston fell behind 3-1 to the Sixers, a team they had recovered from that deficit twice before, including the previous season. I watched those last games. When Boston was closing out game 5 to cut the lead to 3-2, their fans stood up in the Boston Garden and began chanting

"See You Sunday!"
"See You Sunday!"

Sunday would be the date of a game 7 and sure enough, Boston won game 6 in Philly, forcing game 7, on Sunday. Now, all the hype was on a Lakers/Celtics finals, and if you're a delusional Boston fan, you figure "Hey, it's the Lakers, title is ours! Well, Sixers put a number on them and as much as Boston hates Philadelphia and their rivalries with both the Warriors and the Sixers, they hate LA more. So, the BEAT LA! chant was born.

I see that the videos that were embed are now missing. I've uploaded the "BEAT LA" chants myself too so i'm putting the video here

The connection between Detroit and the Lakers franchise and the countability of its success on NBA terms

http://lakerspao.blo...etroit-and.html

(if the rest of my blog entries seem "greek" to you is because they are :cool2: )

#113 Lagunero

Lagunero

☑ Nash ☑ Howard - Win Championship ☐

• 1,617 posts
  • Fan Since:98
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe, Kareem, Shaq.

Posted November 18, 2012 - 12:03 PM

great stuff

Posted Image

#114 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts

Posted November 22, 2012 - 10:17 AM

Some statistics about the non-championship seasons. I thought those tables are useful since Celtics fans are all about winning because...they tend to remember only the years that they won or gone to the Finals and block any losing memories from their mind. :bleh: I only hope i didn't forget something.

*Asterisk denotes the years that the teams lost the Conference Finals having home court advantage when the other team went to the Finals.

Highlighted years on NO PLAYOFFS and BELOW .500 columns denotes consecutive years of no playoff appearances and below .500 records respectively.

Celtics fans tend to equalize the "Championship drought" that the Lakers had from 1954 to 1972 with that of theirs from 1986 to 2008. Well you can see the difference. Lakers were in the playoffs except from 1 season and they were in the Finals numerous times. Instead the Celtics were one loss away from being 8 straight years out of the playoffs in the 90s (from 1994 to 2001 they managed to enter the playoffs once with a losing record in 1995)

As Lakers55 said repeatedly Celtics history minus their Championship or Finals seasons is just :turrible: when you compare it with the equivalent part of Lakers history.

I take into account the whole 66 years for both franchises. That means i include both the Detroit Gems 1946-47 season and Minneapolis Lakers 1947-48 season in the NBL for the Lakers and the 1946-49 BAA seasons for the Celtics (those are officially counted as NBA seasons.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CYLakers, November 22, 2012 - 10:21 AM.

The connection between Detroit and the Lakers franchise and the countability of its success on NBA terms

(if the rest of my blog entries seem "greek" to you is because they are :cool2: )

#115 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:25 PM

My opinion about the Celtics Vs Lakers debate

http://ldcy.blogspot...te-yes-all.html

(excuse me for any grammar mistakes :sorry: )

#116 I still miss OTR

I still miss OTR

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Devean George

Posted March 24, 2013 - 11:25 AM

2m5o5zd.png

I'm still mad the Lakers lost to the C's in the Finals a few yrs ago!

ofznnl.png

facebook.com/BenchOnAQuest

#117 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 08:03 PM

Time to update....since I wasn't here last year. Both the Lakers and Celtics lost in the first round of the playoffs, so the season ends in a tie, but the Lakers grab the tiebreaker because of the better regular season record and go up 40-25.(26-8 in the modern era). I'll take a lower slot in the lottery this year to finish ahead of them again!

#118 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 08:12 PM

Still funny, even after a year away, no Celtics fan anywhere has come along and tried to refute this. That's because it can't be done! Eat it Beantowners!

#119 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted April 17, 2014 - 07:30 PM

Time to update.....Season ends in a tie as both Lakers and Celtics fail to make playoffs, but Lakers again win the tiebreaker based upon a better regular season record. So it's Now Lakers 41 Celtics 25 and 27-8 in the modern era...How crushing. Next decade should see the Lakers margin grow a bit more. We will be back, them, maybe.....

Now, let's get a better draft pick when the lottery is held!

#120 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,403 posts

Posted June 24, 2014 - 07:35 AM

Mitch Kupchak ran into Danny Ainge at the department store. Danny had a bunch of workout gear in his bag. Mitch asked Danny what he had, and Danny showed him and said, "I got them for the Celtics". "Mitch retorted: "Good swap Danny!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users