119 replies to this topic

#81 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted December 14, 2011 - 05:23 AM

I dont know about "Cherry Picking" cause those are the numbers. Right?

This question brings back great memories of multiple discussions :D

What is making me laugh my heart out is when a Celtics fan emphatically denies to accept the Minneapolis titles as Lakers titles and then he states how proud he is to have a 9-3 edge in the Finals against the Lakers, recognizing the 1959 Championship against Minneapolis as a Finals win against the Lakers.

The epitomy of Cherry Picking :omg: :D
The connection between Detroit and the Lakers franchise and the countability of its success on NBA terms

http://lakerspao.blo...etroit-and.html

(if the rest of my blog entries seem "greek" to you is because they are :cool2: )

#82 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,404 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted December 21, 2011 - 08:42 AM

This question brings back great memories of multiple discussions :D

What is making me laugh my heart out is when a Celtics fan emphatically denies to accept the Minneapolis titles as Lakers titles and then he states how proud he is to have a 9-3 edge in the Finals against the Lakers, recognizing the 1959 Championship against Minneapolis as a Finals win against the Lakers.

The epitomy of Cherry Picking :omg: :D

Exaclty. Celtics fans are clearly nervous about the Lakers passing them in titles so they have constructed silly arguments to attempt to deny the inevitable. The whole notion of the Minneapolis titles not counting is so ridiclous, and I in turn throw that against them to make them look even more scared; as they should be!

I've probably posted much of this already, but it bears repeating.

1) If the Lakers can't count their wins in Minneapolis, then the losses can't be counted either. This means Boston has 16 NBA titles.
2) Taking it a step further, this now means the Dodgers are 2-2 against the Yankees. That 1-5 mark when they played in Brooklyn no longer counts, and the Yankees are down to 22 titles. How may series did the Yankees beat the New York Giants? Oops, they lose those too. Try convincing a Yankees fan of this, good luck. You will be laughed at so hard. However, we get to do it to the Celtics fans because their argument sucks.
3) Boston fans who do recgognize the Minneapolis titles then say, well we have 17 in our city. Well, if we are measuring city titles, Los Angeles has Boston beat. We then get to count the 10 by UCLA, and any titles the Clippers win!
4) The whole notion of titles belonging to a city is false, they belong to a franchise. Cleveland Browns kept their team history, name, and colors when they moved to Baltimore and the expanison team that came a few years later, inherited them. Look here: http://www.pro-footb....com/teams/cle/
5) I believe that Seattle kept the Sonics title in Seattle, as well as the history and so on, but Basketball reference doesn't back this up, yet. Lets see what happens if Seattle ever gets a team again.
6) The Celtics and Buffalo Braves owners swpped franchises in order to keep the Celtics in Boston, otherwise, they would have become the San Diego Clippers. Should the Celtics ever wish to move again, I am certain they would follow the example of the Cleveland Browns and keep the history in Boston for a future expansion team to inherit.
7) Point 4) is easy to prove. A Celtics fan in Spain, who never set foot in America, celebrates 17 NBA titles. How about the Lakers fan in Spain? Duh, he celebrates 16.

Sorrry Celtics fans, I've got you by the you know what's and not only is A Lakers fan schooling you, you never saw the day coming when a Lakers fan could do that to you. Surprise! It'a all your fault, 9 yeras of missing the playoffs after Larry Bird left you brought it on the franchise!

Edited by Lakers_55, December 21, 2011 - 08:46 AM.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#83 eZZy

eZZy

Off The Bench

• 1,690 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 23, 2011 - 10:16 PM

Dang Laker_55 ,you :rock:

#84 AR12

AR12

Rookie

• 572 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe

Posted December 23, 2011 - 11:54 PM

Exaclty. Celtics fans are clearly nervous about the Lakers passing them in titles so they have constructed silly arguments to attempt to deny the inevitable. The whole notion of the Minneapolis titles not counting is so ridiclous, and I in turn throw that against them to make them look even more scared; as they should be!

I've probably posted much of this already, but it bears repeating.

1) If the Lakers can't count their wins in Minneapolis, then the losses can't be counted either. This means Boston has 16 NBA titles.
2) Taking it a step further, this now means the Dodgers are 2-2 against the Yankees. That 1-5 mark when they played in Brooklyn no longer counts, and the Yankees are down to 22 titles. How may series did the Yankees beat the New York Giants? Oops, they lose those too. Try convincing a Yankees fan of this, good luck. You will be laughed at so hard. However, we get to do it to the Celtics fans because their argument sucks.
3) Boston fans who do recgognize the Minneapolis titles then say, well we have 17 in our city. Well, if we are measuring city titles, Los Angeles has Boston beat. We then get to count the 10 by UCLA, and any titles the Clippers win!
4) The whole notion of titles belonging to a city is false, they belong to a franchise. Cleveland Browns kept their team history, name, and colors when they moved to Baltimore and the expanison team that came a few years later, inherited them. Look here: http://www.pro-footb....com/teams/cle/
5) I believe that Seattle kept the Sonics title in Seattle, as well as the history and so on, but Basketball reference doesn't back this up, yet. Lets see what happens if Seattle ever gets a team again.
6) The Celtics and Buffalo Braves owners swpped franchises in order to keep the Celtics in Boston, otherwise, they would have become the San Diego Clippers. Should the Celtics ever wish to move again, I am certain they would follow the example of the Cleveland Browns and keep the history in Boston for a future expansion team to inherit.
7) Point 4) is easy to prove. A Celtics fan in Spain, who never set foot in America, celebrates 17 NBA titles. How about the Lakers fan in Spain? Duh, he celebrates 16.

Sorrry Celtics fans, I've got you by the you know what's and not only is A Lakers fan schooling you, you never saw the day coming when a Lakers fan could do that to you. Surprise! It'a all your fault, 9 yeras of missing the playoffs after Larry Bird left you brought it on the franchise!

Preach on!

And not sure if this was said but most of their titles came when it was only like 8 teams in the league. Not to completely downplay their history but of thats all/majority of what you have then................ :whistle:
ONLY GREATNESS EQUALS GREATNESS

#85 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 03:10 PM

From Celtics blog, this tread is amusing....

Topic: The Unthinkable? (Read 970 times)
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=54652.0

Would you cheer for the Lakers if there was a LA/MIA Finals?

As much as it pains me to say, if the situation was presented I would root for LA to beat the Heat.

almost everyone said they would cheer for LeBron, and Celtics fan jealousy and envy of the Lakers is clearly evident in this thread....

The C's 17 banners is the only important stat in sports as far as I am concerned. The day the Lakers tie will be the lowest sports-related day of my life. I dread it. It almost looks inevevitable. Lebron and co. look to be the only hope standing in the way in this era. Go Heat!

One nitwit fails in his argument about the Minneapolis titles, he should read above!

The LA Lakers have 11 championships.

No matter what the pundits say they still have 6 more to tie us.

Think of it this way: it would be like the Celtics moving to Las Vegas, then Boston gets an expansion team and Las Vegas fans downplay our team because they have 17 TITLES and we have none.

Those 5 titles belong to Minneapolis not LA.

This actually brings me to an interested

question that I never thought of before; are their 17 banners in the staples center for the Lakers? Do they take the credit for the titles not even won in that arena?

As explained already, the titles belong to the franchise and the fans not the city. There are still Brooklyn Dodger and New York Giants fans who root for LA and SF and refused to adopt the Mets. Boston Celtics fans may continue to root for the Las Vegas Celtics, it doesn't matter where they live. Again, what abut the Spanish Celtics fan? Duh. Besides, Boston would keep the name Celtics and the history and bequaeth it upon an eventual expansion team.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

#86 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,703 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted March 17, 2012 - 03:14 PM

majority of their banners came in the 60s since buss took over we have 10 celtics have 4 3 with bird and one with the big 3
Posted Image

#87 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted March 17, 2012 - 08:13 PM

majority of their banners came in the 60s since buss took over we have 10 celtics have 4 3 with bird and one with the big 3

Exactly. when basketball got big, the Lakers stepped up and ruled the modern era, the Celtics folded. I've said all this before, but I have asked plenty of Celtics fans if they would trade those ancient Russell titles to the Lakers in order to be ahead in the modern era 10-4, and still be ahead 17 to 16. They simply won't answer because they lose either way. Either answer is an admission the Lakers are the better franchise. A yes is abovious. A no is a bit more subtle. the reason is, they know their legacy hangs on the stoneage and the modern era argument I have is simply too much for them. So, they just sit and stew. LOL, I love the Boston Celtics! I love them! So much fun to drag them through the mud and expose the truth that te Lakers may trail 9-3 in finals but we are the better franchise and have been for 10 years now! And it's a Lakers fan doing it to them!

#88 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts

Posted March 29, 2012 - 06:02 PM

That is not the case. The history of the team was sold by the city officials, to the Oklahoma City buisinessmen for some extra million $.

Jack Sikma's jersey and the 1979 Championship banner now hangs on the roof of the Chesapeake Energy Arena :yes:
If they get a team, it will be a new team even if they use the same name for the franchise.

question that I never thought of before; are their 17 banners in the staples center for the Lakers? Do they take the credit for the titles not even won in that arena?

As explained already, the titles belong to the franchise and the fans not the city. There are still Brooklyn Dodger and New York Giants fans who root for LA and SF and refused to adopt the Mets. Boston Celtics fans may continue to root for the Las Vegas Celtics, it doesn't matter where they live. Again, what abut the Spanish Celtics fan? Duh. Besides, Boston would keep the name Celtics and the history and bequaeth it upon an eventual expansion team.

Well i think that the best answer comes straight from Minneapolis.

That's what Sid Hartman, the mastermind behind the Lakers success in Minneapolis, said in 2002 when the Buss family decided to raise the two light-blue banners on the rafters of the Staples Center to honor the Minneapolis teams and their Hall of Famers:

``I think they should have done it a long time ago,'' said Lakers founder and journalist Sid Hartman, who was looking to drum up stories for his newspaper when he organized a drive to bring the team there and remains a columnist for the Minneapolis Star Tribune. ``It's the same franchise. They could have taken credit for all those championships.''

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/GREAT+LAKES+L.A.+FINALLY+TO+HONOR+MINNEAPOLIS+PLAYERS,+TEAMS.-a084765528

Come on Mr Hartman, you know better than the Celtics fans.?? :laughing:

Edited by CYLakers, March 29, 2012 - 06:12 PM.

The connection between Detroit and the Lakers franchise and the countability of its success on NBA terms

(if the rest of my blog entries seem "greek" to you is because they are :cool2: )

#89 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted March 30, 2012 - 09:05 AM

That is not the case. The history of the team was sold by the city officials, to the Oklahoma City buisinessmen for some extra million $.

Jack Sikma's jersey and the 1979 Championship banner now hangs on the roof of the Chesapeake Energy Arena :yes:
If they get a team, it will be a new team even if they use the same name for the franchise.

It's shame too, because GP doesn't even want his jersey to be retired in OKC. Truthfully, I don't blame him.

Edited by J-H!zZl3, March 30, 2012 - 09:05 AM.

Posted Image

#90 CYLakers

CYLakers

Rookie

• 31 posts

Posted March 30, 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's shame too, because GP doesn't even want his jersey to be retired in OKC. Truthfully, I don't blame him.

Who can blame him? :hmm:

Is not like he was a player of the team when the franchise relocated. Payton is a Seattle Supersonics legend. He has nothing to do with Oklahoma city by any means.

By the way i found a video on youtube with Magic answering questions to the press before the Lakers visit to the White House in 2010

and what i like about this video is how Magic acknowledges that the Lakers have seventeen National Championships (0:47) although the first one is not recognized by the NBA because officially the NBA champion in 1948 was the BAA Champions Baltimore Bullets (that folded 7 years later) and not the (then superior talented league back then) NBL Champion Minneapolis Lakers.

Of course you won't see any official recognition about that title because now we are an NBA team but this title counts and Lakers fans should know this. The 4-40 1946-47 Detroit Gems NBL season that generated the no1 pick that landed George Mikan and the 1947-48 NBL Championship season are part of the Lakers Franchise history.

Thank you Magic, you are the one :bow:

#91 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted April 30, 2012 - 04:12 PM

Using the handle MyD0gs0nFire (To mock and old foe on another board), I've been spreading my video so Celtics fans see it,. LOL, owning them as usual.

http://network.yardb...ension/10687949

#92 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 07:28 AM

Are all Celtics fans lacking in basic reading comprehension? On the YouTube page to the video in my signature, one GeeZeeCeltics is just can't seem to get a grip on this argument. he says I say one thing, when I clearly say another! He keeps coming back for more punishment! Most the others I already chased off, they knew when they were licked. This guy is really a glutton for pain. So, I keep reminding him! LOL, that YouTube page is a riot! I told him to come here, maybe he will. He likes to be spanked.....

#93 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 04:03 PM

Ok, you guys say you love my handling of the Celtics fans who try to argue the debate over which frnachise is better. you really need to see the YouTube page now that GeeZeeCeltics says he won't quit. He thinks it hurts me e won't quit! Anyone who knows me knows this is what I live for! Have a look, post here, post there, back me up! I invited him to join us and post in this thread, told him I already posted 39-24 at Celtics blog and no one could refute it.

Thanks a million!

#94 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 04:40 PM

LOL, check this exchange out, just posted: Haha, Pwned.

*sigh* why do I bother

GeeZeeCeltics 1 minute ago

Maybe because you like to keep my video at the top of the queue in your channel feed? After all, every Celtics fans should see it, don't you think?

BobbyJFischer1943 in reply to GeeZeeCeltics 1 second ago

#95 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 07:15 PM

Well, one Judas from Club Lakers that I had to put on ignore awhile back, bruddahmannmatt, who everyone there knows is a bit "off" betrayed Lakers fandom and started sending Celtics fans to my YouTube video to refute it. Nut told me I wouldn't dare post it in General NBA forum at Real GM, I had it hidden on Lakers section....So i took him on his dare and constantly started owning the haters: http://forums.realgm...p?f=6&t=1178777

#96 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 04, 2012 - 03:27 PM

Haha, took one for the team. I hope you guys saw the thread at RealGM and the ownage I put on those chowderheads.....It's gone now and so am I.

Posted Image

I contacted board admn and stated my case. All I did was post a thread, took a dare from that clown bruddahmannmatt to post it in general forum, and thread was closed afer 3 pages. Looks like my message really hit home. Well, It's going to be seen by a lot more Beantowners, I promise them that. They want to fight, so it's only fair every Celtics fan learn the truth.

Got a message on my Facebook page:

22 minutes ago
Grant McKenzie (Australia, LOL).
You are simply a tool! Go Celtics...your pretty dazzle dazzle team simply has no soul!

13 minutes ago
Me
39-24 Lakers over Celtics in entire NBA history. That's all the soul in the world. Live with being second best, you know it's true.

#97 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 05, 2012 - 01:16 PM

Ok, If you have FaceBook, please go to my page linked in my signature and "Like" it. Thanks. I'll start digging from some good photos to add. Wheelchair, etc.....Link me here to any threads with them, thanks.

#98 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,875 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 06, 2012 - 04:23 AM

I figured that, if they were going to ban you, it would be for something other than spamming. I'm not sure how you spammed.

#99 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 07, 2012 - 05:19 AM

More of my FaceBook argument, this poor Aussie has no clue what's going on. Methinks i broke his little heart!

Saturday
Grant McKenzie

Where I come from soul is not a stat! We have a one town history and champions who played with great pride! Havlicek, Parish, McHale and Bird didn't need the fancy moves they did the job with precision and effort minus the ego of your legends! I respect the skills of Magic, Kobe and Kareem but you are all about Showtime! The Lakers sold their soul to LA in 58 just to survive coz they couldn't draw a crowd meanwhile our fans lived and breathed our hard nose culture and stayed true and enjoyed the success drawn on teamwork and passion! You know i'm right 17-16 that's how many banners hang that's the real truth! Over and out!

21 hours ago
Me

Well, you cherry pick, you ignore all those other seasons that ended in disaster. 18 seasons lost a playoff series with Home court advantage, an NBA record. Lakers only did it 10 times with 10 more playoff appearances! How many times did Boston lose the Eastern conference finals with home court advantage? Let's see, 1972, 1975, 1980, 1982, and 1988 come to mind. Lakers only did that twice, 1977 and 1986. Also, my video proves those ancient titles Boston has aren't worth uch compared with those won in the modern era. What happened to the Leprachaun since? I'll tell you, he died. Lakers 10 banners in 32 seasons of the modern era are worth a lot more than the 13 won by Boston in the old days. Remember, it's not 17-16 that counts, it's 39-24 over the entire history of the NBA, and 25-7 Lakers over Boston in the modern era. It must suck to be a Celtics fan and see the Lakers dominating year in and year out. That's why you hate the Lakers, and you hate me, because you know I'm right! See my fan page I started, Boston Celtics Busters. I'll be having plenty of fun there when I have time. Boston Sucks!

16 hours ago
Grant McKenzie

It's been fun Bobby but you defeat your own argument by saying that what essentially happened outside our lifetime doesn't count! The NBA recognizes only BAA and NBA records so live with those stats and draw as many long bows as you like! As I said it's been fun "rain man" but as I've said I don't just rely on stats, i'm a working class man born and raised in Australia who simply learnt early on that LA were not for me! Too much "Showtime" not enough grunt so goodbye and good luck stirring the pot it really is and has been great fun! I don't think either team is adding any titles this season GO CELTICS!

6 hours ago
Grant McKenzie

I couldn't resist getting some stats coz you love them so much 153-123, 43-31 and 131-92 you fill in the gaps and enjoy your newly found inferiority complex finally from me at least, over and out! Truly though I enjoy the banter

2 minutes ago
Me

I don't defeat my own argument, you simply lack reading cmprehension. I'm pointing out that in your lifetime you haven't seen Celtics domination, that is all. You wish you saw the Celtics win, but all you have seen is the Lakers dominate. So, you have defeated your own counter argument. I've been deating this for years and the big trap people who argue with me fall into is they don't read and comprehend what is in front of them. Trust me, over at LakerNation, they love to see Celtics fans self destruct as you have with nothing but opinion to back you up. I bring facts. How is your inferiority complex gong now that I have exposed the myths of Celtics greatness? you have your 17 titles, and the Lakers have 16, but the Lakers will pass the Celtics before you know it, ending the debate once and for all. It's just fun to be able to state the Lakers are the greatest now, and provide the proof....

I don't care about your numbers, I can and have bashed Boston far more than you can smack me. Stick around, I'll move the rest of these comments over to LakerNation in a moment, here's the link: http://lakernation.c...ry/page__st__80

Maybe he'll register an account and bring his flawed logic and lack of reading comprehension here!

#100 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,404 posts

Posted May 07, 2012 - 05:23 AM

I figured that, if they were going to ban you, it would be for something other than spamming. I'm not sure how you spammed.

Yep, I'm banned at MSN Fox Sports, but I keep making acounts and sharing my video.
I'm banned at Celtics Blog, got that for posting the game 7 Game thread link over at Club Lakers. By the way, I posted the 39-24 argument over there and they couldn't refute it, lol. I was nice too.
And now I'm banned at RealGM. The truth just is too painful for some, isn't it? Nothing like taking one for the team! Go Lakers!

Oh, RealDeal, you say you love the arguments Celtics fans bring, enjoy the FaceBook messages I have been trading with the delusional Aussie, reposted above. Doesn't matter where a Celtics fan lives, they just can't argue with reason and switch the topic to something else!

Edited by Lakers_55, May 07, 2012 - 05:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users