Can't wait to read more. :rock:

#22 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted April 05, 2011 - 05:58 AM

Thanks again friends for the kind compliments. See, in a way, zelsound is responsible for my redirection of this thread. I want to discuss Lakers and Celtics with a Celtics fan, but they all run away! This is zelsound's 2nd retreat from our site, but at least he agrees the Lakers are the better franchise. I got banned from Fox Sports because the Celtics fans ganged up on me after I totally annihilated every counter they though back at me. I'll summarize how this all started, later, but one clown who thought he had me beat ended up thoroughly embarrased and quit the battle, so I took the fight to celticsblog itself, trying to find anyone that could prove me wrong. no one could. Later, I got IP banned from CelticsBlog for linking their game 7, 2010 finals game thread in the doomsday thread over at ClubLakers. That happened in minutes and simply is further proof my arguments are airtight. It alsoshows I get under naive Celtics fans skins, who think htey are better because of their finals advantage. I feed off the fuel generated in this debate. Soon, the Lakes will catch and surpass the Celtics in titles, forever killing their argument they are best because they have the most titles. That only leaves their silly argument the Lakers titles in Minneapolis don't count, but I have that easily refuted already as well.

Anyway, not much else to cover now. As noted elsewhere, when Red Auerbach stepped up to President and Chairman of the Celtics, the franchise fell apart. After Boston's last title in 1986, the Celtics stumbled until 2008, making the finals once and losing to us. They made the ECF twice, and ducked us both times by losing, in 1988 and 2002. Matter of fact, the Celtics were so irrelevant by 2002, I completely forgot they actually had a chance to complete our threepeat. I only remembered when I began my research over 2 years ago. Maybe this year? Time will tell. Don't count on them making it.

So, in the 21 seasons between titles, the Celtics managed 9 seasons missing the playoffs, (6 years in a row 1996-2001), and 6 first round playoff losses. They lost Reggie Lewis to a premature death. They lost the draft lottery in 1997 to the Spurs where Tim Duncan was the first prize. (Amen!, they had enough luck)

Posted Image

Boston selected Chauncey Billups, as their consulation, who had his best years in Detroit. In 1996 they used their sixth pick in the draft to select Antoine Walker, passing on Kobe Bryant. In 2001, the Celtics GM wanted to draft Tony Parker with one of their first round picks, but Red Auerbach overruled him and insisted they use their last pick on Joe Forte, from UNC. Check out his career stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fortejo01.html

Red had clearly lost his touch. If you don't believe that, look back at those 9 seasons missing the playoffs.

Too bad Red didn't live long enough to see Phil pass him in titles won as a coach, but he wasn't too happy when it was tied 9-9. Even his daughter, Randi, ws recently butthurt by Phi's accomplishment, remember that?

Ok, more soon, I'll cover the Lakers since the Magic era, most of which you already know, but I'll add a few interesting tidbits.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 40-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#23 J-H!zZl3

J-H!zZl3

New season, same goal.

• 13,773 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Kobe

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:46 AM

Lakers_55 is the OG of Lakers fans.lol. I knew some this stuff, but you have broken it down for me and others. Thanks a lot.

Posted Image

#24 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,508 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted April 05, 2011 - 07:16 AM

Dayum there's a lot of stuff I didn't know
thanks Lakers 55
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#25 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 05, 2011 - 08:34 AM

This guy deserves an award.

Posted Image

#26 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,392 posts

Posted April 05, 2011 - 04:35 PM

Although it took the Lakes 12 years to win a title from 1988 to 2000, we didn't take long to reload. Magic and co, still got us to two more finals. We only missed the playoffs one time after the Showtime players left one by one, unlike our rival in the East. Even in 1995, Chick Hearn was saying that Lakers team was young and good, and could soon compete for a championship. This was before we had indications Shaq might come west, and Kobe was finishing his junior year in high school. Who knew anything about him? When Shaq aanounced he was going to test free agency, it was clear the Lakers were going to make a play. Thre was a photo of Shaq on page 1 of the LA Times sports section that had him in a Lakers jersey, with a Question mark for a number, 32 and 33 were retired....I remember hearing the Lakes traded Vlade Divac for a high school kid, Kobe Bryant. Since Jerry West was sold on him, that was enough for me. Plus, that gave us the cap space to get Shaq, which we did shortly thereafter.

Here's Kobe's draft selection video, if you've never seen it:

I remember Jerry West in 1998 being frustrated with the team and having to tell them the 1998 trophy could be theirs. If anything was wrong with the team during the late 1990's it was probably coaching. I don't think Kirt Rambis was the right guy in 1999, but Id welcome him back again. Phil was the answer. Glad we got him, glad he came back.

Skipping ahead a bit, I mentioned earlier about some Celtics fan who was boasting last year only Magic and Kareem had beaten the Celtics, something Kobe had never done. I simply told him Kobe was there in 2000-02, and 2009, where were the Celtics? I reminded him they missed the playoffs first two years and ducked us yet again by losing the ECF in 2002. Of course 2009, their excuse is no KG, bui they forget we beat them both games, and the game in Boston, we had no Bynum. It's nice to be able to tell those chowderheads who tried to asterisk our title in 2009 because of no KG, that they get the asterisk for 2008 because of no Bynum. You know they hate hearing that. Anyway, I'll update a chart I showed that Celtics fan and a few Celtics trolls that came around to ClubLakers last June:

Kobe Bryant era: 14 seasons, 7 finals, 8 WCF appearances, 5 rings, 1 season missed playoffs
Paul Pierce era: 12 seasons, 2 finals, 3 ECF appearances, 1 ring, 5 seasons missed playoffs

Note, go back two seasons for Boston, before Pierce and when we had Shaq and Kobe, and add on 2 more missed playoffs. I mentioned earlier Boston drafted Antoine Walker ahead of Kobe, He led the team in scoring and to a 15-67 season.

Clearly by 2002, the Lakers had surpassed the Celtics as the greatest franchise in NBA history. If you look at the list I made of who won each season, linked in my thread abut Russell's titles, you'll see it all turned quickly after 1986. Fact is, when the NBA got te toughest, the Lakers kept in the hunt, while the Celtics just flat out quit.

I posted stats of who did better, season by season, Lakers or Celtics during the Bird/Magic era. Here are the totals after then to date, and cumulative totals:

1991-92: Lakers: Lost WC 1st Round; Celtics: Lost ECSF, Edge Celtics
1992-93: Lakers: Lost WC 1st Round; Celtics: Lost EC 1st Rd, Edge Neither
1993-94: Lakers: Missed PO; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Neither
1994-95: Lakers: Lost WCSF; Celtics: Lost EC 1st Rd, Edge Lakers
1995-96: Lakers: Lost WC1st Round; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
1996-97: Lakers: Lost WCSF; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
1997-98: Lakers: Lost WCF; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
1998-99: Lakers: Lost WCSF; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
1999-00: Lakers: Won F; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
2000-01: Lakers: Won F; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
2001-02: Lakers: Won F; Celtics: Lost ECF, Edge Lakers
2002-03: Lakers: Lost WCSF; Celtics: Lost ECSF, Edge Neither
2003-04: Lakers: Lost F; Celtics: Lost EC 1st Rd, Edge Lakers
2004-05: Lakers: Missed PO; Celtics: Lost EC 1st Rd, Edge Celtics
2005-06: Lakers: Lost WC 1st Round; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
2006-07: Lakers: Lost WC 1st Round; Celtics: Missed PO, Edge Lakers
2007-08: Lakers: Lost F; Celtics: Won F, Edge Celtics
2008-09: Lakers: Won F; Celtics: Lost ECSF, Edge Lakers
2009-10: Lakers: Won F; Celtics: Lost F, Edge Lakers

Tiebreaking the neutral years:
1992-93 Lakers 39-43, Celtics 48-34, Edge Celtics
1993-94 Lakers 33-49, Celtics 32-50, Edge Lakers
2002-03 Lakers 50-32, Celtics 44-38, Edge Lakers

Edge Lakers 15-4

Modern era: Edge Lakers 24-7

I have heard a few Celtics fans say they didn't mind sitting there waiting so long for a title because they had the Patriots and the Red Sox winning championships. I don't buy that one bit. All they saw was the Lakers steadily draw closer in titles, and do better nearly every season. That has to still hurt them.

More soon!

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 40-25!

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,593 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted April 05, 2011 - 04:38 PM

This is so dope, Lakers_55 with his full arsenal of Lakers knowledge pinned for everyone to see.

#28 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 22,599 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted April 05, 2011 - 04:46 PM

Although it took the Lakes 12 years to win a title from 1988 to 2000, we didn't take long to reload. Magic and co, still got us to two more finals. We only missed the playoffs one time after the Showtime players left one by one, unlike our rival in the East. Even in 1995, Chick Hearn was saying that Lakers team was young and good, and could soon compete for a championship. This was before we had indications Shaq might come west, and Kobe was finishing his junior year in high school. Who knew anything about him? When Shaq aanounced he was going to test free agency, it was clear the Lakers were going to make a play. Thre was a photo of Shaq on page 1 of the LA Times sports section that had him in a Lakers jersey, with a Question mark for a number, 32 and 33 were retired....I remember hearing the Lakes traded Vlade Divac for a high school kid, Kobe Bryant. Since Jerry West was sold on him, that was enough for me. Plus, that gave us the cap space to get Shaq, which we did shortly thereafter.

I remember Jerry West in 1998 being frustrated with the team and having to tell them the 1998 trophy could be theirs. If anything was wrong with the team during the late 1990's it was probably coaching. I don't think Kirt Rambis was the right guy in 1999, but Id welcome him back again. Phil was the answer. Glad we got him, glad he came back.

Skipping ahead a bit, I mentioned earlier about some Celtics fan who was boasting last year only Magic and Kareem had beaten the Celtics, something Kobe had never done. I simply told him Kobe was there in 2000-02, and 2009, where were the Celtics? I reminded him they missed the playoffs first two years and ducked us yet again by losing the ECF in 2002. Of course 2009, their excuse is no KG, bui they forget we beat them both games, and the game in Boston, we had no Bynum. It's nice to be able to tell those chowderheads who tried to asterisk our title in 2009 because of no KG, that they get the asterisk for 2008 because of no Bynum. You know they hate hearing that. Anyway, I'll update a chart I showed that Celtics fan and a few Celtics trolls that came around to ClubLakers last June:

Kobe Bryant era: 14 seasons, 7 finals, 8 WCF appearances, 5 rings, 1 season missed playoffs
Paul Pierce era: 12 seasons, 2 finals, 3 ECF appearances, 1 ring, 5 seasons missed playoffs

Note, go back two seasons for Boston, before Pierce and when we had Shaq and Kobe, and add on 2 more missed playoffs. I mentioned earlier Boston drafted Antoine Walker ahead of Kobe, He led the team in scoring and to a 15-67 season.

Clearly by 2002, the Lakers had surpassed the Celtics as the greatest franchise in NBA history. If you look at the list I made of who won each season, linked in my thread abut Russell's titles, you'll see it all turned quickly after 1986. Fact is, when the NBA got te toughest, the Lakers kept in the hunt, while the Celtics just flat out quit.

I posted stats of who did better, season by season, Lakers or Celtics during the Bird/Magic era. Here are the totals after then to date, and cumulative totals:

Edge Lakers 15-4

I have heard a few Celtics fans say they didn't mind sitting there waiting so long for a title because they had the Patriots and the Red Sox winning championships. I don't buy that one bit. All they saw was the Lakers steadily draw closer in titles, and do better nearly every season. That has to still hurt them.

More soon!

You truly the most knowledgeable Laker fan in here

Posted Image

#29 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,251 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted April 05, 2011 - 06:41 PM

Lakers_55 > all

Posted Image

#30 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,508 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted April 05, 2011 - 11:14 PM

Are you Jesus?
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#31 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Name:black mamba
  • Fan Since:not really
  • Fav. Laker:past

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:19 PM

Thanks again friends for the kind compliments. See, in a way, zelsound is responsible for my redirection of this thread. I want to discuss Lakers and Celtics with a Celtics fan, but they all run away! This is zelsound's 2nd retreat from our site, but at least he agrees the Lakers are the better franchise. I got banned from Fox Sports because the Celtics fans ganged up on me after I totally annihilated every counter they though back at me. I'll summarize how this all started, later, but one clown who thought he had me beat ended up thoroughly embarrased and quit the battle, so I took the fight to celticsblog itself, trying to find anyone that could prove me wrong. no one could. Later, I got IP banned from CelticsBlog for linking their game 7, 2010 finals game thread in the doomsday thread over at ClubLakers. That happened in minutes and simply is further proof my arguments are airtight. It alsoshows I get under naive Celtics fans skins, who think htey are better because of their finals advantage. I feed off the fuel generated in this debate. Soon, the Lakes will catch and surpass the Celtics in titles, forever killing their argument they are best because they have the most titles. That only leaves their silly argument the Lakers titles in Minneapolis don't count, but I have that easily refuted already as well.

Anyway, not much else to cover now. As noted elsewhere, when Red Auerbach stepped up to President and Chairman of the Celtics, the franchise fell apart. After Boston's last title in 1986, the Celtics stumbled until 2008, making the finals once and losing to us. They made the ECF twice, and ducked us both times by losing, in 1988 and 2002. Matter of fact, the Celtics were so irrelevant by 2002, I completely forgot they actually had a chance to complete our threepeat. I only remembered when I began my research over 2 years ago. Maybe this year? Time will tell. Don't count on them making it.

So, in the 21 seasons between titles, the Celtics managed 9 seasons missing the playoffs, (6 years in a row 1996-2001), and 6 first round playoff losses. They lost Reggie Lewis to a premature death. They lost the draft lottery in 1997 to the Spurs where Tim Duncan was the first prize. (Amen!, they had enough luck)

Posted Image

Boston selected Chauncey Billups, as their consulation, who had his best years in Detroit. In 1996 they used their sixth pick in the draft to select Antoine Walker, passing on Kobe Bryant. In 2001, the Celtics GM wanted to draft Tony Parker with one of their first round picks, but Red Auerbach overruled him and insisted they use their last pick on Joe Forte, from UNC. Check out his career stats:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fortejo01.html

Red had clearly lost his touch. If you don't believe that, look back at those 9 seasons missing the playoffs.

Too bad Red didn't live long enough to see Phil pass him in titles won as a coach, but he wasn't too happy when it was tied 9-9. Even his daughter, Randi, ws recently butthurt by Phi's accomplishment, remember that?
Ok, more soon, I'll cover the Lakers since the Magic era, most of which you already know, but I'll add a few interesting tidbits.

No No No, :nah: I havent been here because 1, I have been busy and 2, its we've been in a funk...... I wasnt here when the Lakers were trippin either. So, I never said the Lakers were the Better franchise............. thats blasphamey!!! However, they have been the better franchise in recent history per se
NoNoNO :nah: I havent b

#32 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,868 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:23 PM

Lol its gonna be another 20 years before Boston wins a ring

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#33 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,364 posts
  • Name:Danny P

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:28 PM

Lol its gonna be another 20 years before Boston wins a ring

Than LBJ will be packed with 4-7 rings homie.

Edited by Warren2ThaG, April 06, 2011 - 12:28 PM.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,868 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:30 PM

Than LBJ will be packed with 4-7 rings homie.

Kevin Durant might have something to say about that

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 D-Fish

D-Fish

OVO

• 694 posts
  • Fan Since:D-Fish big shot @ 0.4
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:32 PM

don't really care about both franchises and the rivalry. but damn Lakers_55 knows his stuff.

#36 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,364 posts
  • Name:Danny P

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:35 PM

Kevin Durant might have something to say about that

Not a chance in hell, not even a Nets team with Dwight

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#37 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 12:51 PM

Edge Lakers 15-4

More soon!

Whats the score head to head in the Finals? Boston vs.Lakers.

#38 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,392 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:05 PM

Whats the score head to head in the Finals? Boston vs.Lakers.

Well, look who' has returned. Back on the Boston bandwagon? Or did it take 2 losses by the Lakers to get you to post? I have a bunch of questions for you in your other thread, the one this was once part of, before Real Deal split it off into its own.

Since you ask a question that everyone knows the answer to, it's obvious you put great value on 9-3 in the Lakers/Celtics rivalry, as all Celtics fans do. See, in the old days, when the Celtics had a significant title edge over the Lakers, it meant somethng because the Lakers had no argument for supremacy. In 1984, the Celtics had a title lead of 15-8 and 8-0 head to head. Since then, the Lakers outscored Boston in these areas 8-2 and 3-1. In the past, I have dealt with and refuted all counterarguments fhrown at me from Boston fans as to why they are the better franchise, and 9-3 has alrady been dealt with. I was going to do it soon, I'll do it now.

First, the Celics have won 17 titles in 64 seasons for a winning percentage of 26.56%. The Lakers have won 16 titles in 62 seasons for a winning percentage of 25.81%. If the Celtics are that much better than the Lakers (9-3) in the history of the NBA, why do they only have a 1 title advanatage? First, it's common knowledge the Celtics don't show up to play the Lakers in the finals when Lakers are the better team. See the years in my signature; Lakers beat the team that beat Boston in the ECF! We measure the champion as the best and consider them superior to everyone they beat, and didn't play. You can't tell me Boston was better in any of those seasons. To do so, opens up a counter for every single one of Boston's titles, then we get to play the injury card and all kinds of other fun games. See what I said earler about 1973, the one season the Lakers lost to Boston's ECF superior. My point is during Boston's best chances to make the finals when they didn't, they had no chance to beat the Lakers. If you examine every other season the Lakers made the finals aside from above, you will see some pretty poor Celtics teams, amny of which didn't even make the playoffs! Even if Boston had made the finals all those years, they still fall far short of the Lakers season by season. Take the Lakers historical advantage of 38-24 in 62 seasons, and deduct the titles each team won. That leaves 22-7 Lakers! So, if Boston had not ducked us all those seasons, head to head and finals records would look about even. Boston still would have one title more, but when everything is examined. it still comes out Lakers advantage, and greatly!

9-3 is useless "Cherry Picking", it's bragging rights only. Boston failures 1987-2007 cost Cetlics league supremacy. As I told one guy I debated heavily 2 years ago up front, then proved, the old Celtics arguments for supremacy don't work anymore. Enjoy your "Stoneage" advantage and whatever smack you create from it. Boston hasn't done squat to back up the original 7-0 and 11-5 from Russell's era since. It's been the Lakers league ever since.

Edited by Lakers_55, April 06, 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#39 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,392 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:37 PM

I need to go back in history, now that I have come pretty much up to date. I noted earlier that Red Auerbach was the losing coach when the Lakers won their first championship. Since my signature says the Celtics ducked the Lakers 7 times ( I call 8 now, but it won't fit the spirit of my signature) I need to address the issue of whether or not Auerbach intentionally ducked the Lakers in 1953 and 1954. There is some evidence. He had Bob Cousy and Bill Sharman in place. The Lakers had also won 3 of the last 4 championships, and were still heavily favored. Could red live with losing to the Lakes, again? Well, the argument he tanked in 1972 and 1980 because he didn't have the complete team with players and experience is strikingly similar. We do know Red was about to revolutionize the league and take it to new levels with is concept of defense and transition basketball.. Exactly when he figured out what to do, we don't know, we just know when he did it, and the final pieces arrived in the 1956 draft, Bill Russell and Tommy Heinsohn. both would have been college freshman in 1953, and Red was guaranteed getting Heinsohn because of the old territorial draft pick rule, Tommy played at local Holy Cross. Russell won collegiate championships in 1955 and 1956. We don't know exactly when Red put his eye on him. Even without Russell, Tommy could look pretty good for the future. Red got Russell by trading a reasonable veteran bigman, Ed McAuley. Although we will never know if Red tanked any or all the seasons I have pointed out, the consistent pattern is there, and now a thorn in the side for Celtics fans.

Also, to answer zelsound's post above a bit more, and to back up what I said earlier, the Russell era wasn't about Celtics 7 Lakers 0. It was about Russell versus Chamberlain. Check out this wonderful video of Wilt and Bill to learn more:

#40 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:37 PM

Well, look who' has returned. Back on the Boston bandwagon? Or did it take 2 losses by the Lakers to get you to post? I have a bunch of questions for you in your other thread, the one this was once part of, before Real Deal split it off into its own.

Since you ask a question that everyone knows the answer to, it's obvious you put great value on 9-3 in the Lakers/Celtics rivalry, as all Celtics fans do. See, in the old days, when the Celtics had a significant title edge over the Lakers, it meant somethng because the Lakers had no argument for supremacy. In 1984, the Celtics had a title lead of 15-8 and 8-0 head to head. Since then, the Lakers outscored Boston in these areas 8-2 and 3-1. In the past, I have dealt with and refuted all counterarguments fhrown at me from Boston fans as to why they are the better franchise, and 9-3 has alrady been dealt with. I was going to do it soon, I'll do it now.

First, the Celics have won 17 titles in 64 seasons for a winning percentage of 26.56%. The Lakers have won 16 titles in 62 seasons for a winning percentage of 25.81%. If the Celtics are that much better than the Lakers (9-3) in the history of the NBA, why do they only have a 1 title advanatage? First, it's common knowledge the Celtics don't show up to play the Lakers in the finals when Lakers are the better team. See the years in my signature; Lakers beat the team that beat Boston in the ECF! We measure the champion as the best and consider them superior to everyone they beat, and didn't play. You can't tell me Boston was better in any of those seasons. To do so, opens up a counter for every single one of Boston's titles, then we get to play the injury card and all kinds of other fun games. See what I said earler about 1973, the one season the Lakers lost to Boston's ECF superior. My point is during Boston's best chances to make the finals when they didn't, they had no chance to beat the Lakers. If you examine every other season the Lakers made the finals aside from above, you will see some pretty poor Celtics teams, amny of which didn't even make the playoffs! Even if Boston had made the finals all those years, they still fall far short of the Lakers season by season. Take the Lakers historical advantage of 38-24 in 62 seasons, and deduct the titles each team won. That leaves 22-7 Lakers! So, if Boston had not ducked us all those seasons, head to head and finals records would look about even. Boston still would have one title more, but when everything is examined. it still comes out Lakers advantage, and greatly!

9-3 is useless "Cherry Picking", it's bragging rights only. Boston failures 1987-2007 cost Cetlics league supremacy. As I told one guy I debated heavily 2 years ago up front, then proved, the old Celtics arguments for supremacy don't work anymore. Enjoy your "Stoneage" advantage and whatever smack you create from it. Boston hasn't done squat to back up the original 7-0 and 11-5 from Russell's era since. It's been the Lakers league ever since.

I dont know about "Cherry Picking" cause those are the numbers. Right? Having said that, stats are like stretchy jeans... you can make them fit almost anything. So, the "present" is all that matters and right now, I fully expect for it to be a rematch of Celtics v Lakers in th Finals. I do however believe the Lakers will be much more worn out come the finals having to go through the Mavs and Spurs to get there. Last year much more of a cake walk to get there. Even if somehow you have to go through OKC again a tougher out this year than last. For the record, Im picking the Celtics in the Finals with or without Shaq. But if Shaq is there then icing on the cake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users