Photo

Official NBA 2K15 Thread

• Please log in to reply
1047 replies to this topic

Poll: Official NBA 2K15 Thread (68 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you purchasing?

1. Yes (30 votes [68.18%])

Percentage of vote: 68.18%

2. No (6 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

3. Undecided (8 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

Which System?

1. Xbox 360 (16 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

2. Playstation 3 (19 votes [43.18%])

Percentage of vote: 43.18%

3. PC (4 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

4. PS4 (5 votes [11.36%])

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

5. Xbox One (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1041 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 45,873 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 16, 2015 - 03:29 AM

My curent Lakers myGM lineup is

Brandon Knight
Kobe Bryant
Justise Winslow
Julius Randle
Ed Davis

Bench
Jeremy Lin
Jordan Clarkson / Caris LeVert
Nick Young / Jeremy Lamb / Caron Butler
Perry Jones / Ryan Kelly
Tarik Black

Am currently blowing every team out by about 20 a game on HOF and we get out and run teams out of the building and Winslow is the best alley oop finishers on the team.

Very fun team to rum with, Kobe usually doesn't have to play the 4th and our bench is what creates the distance.

Fun lineup.

Alright made some moves tonight. 

Traded Ed Davis, Jeremy Lin and Jeremy Lamb and a Pick to the 76ers for Joel Embiid.  

Didn't want to part with Lin or Davis but Black was a fine backup by this point and Clarkson is starting to come into his own so I gotta gamble. 

Anyway  our lineup is now this 

Brandon Knight
Kobe Bryant
Justise Winslow
Julius Randle
Joel Embiid

Bench
Jordan Clarkson
Caris LeVert
Nick Young / Caron Butler
Perry Jones / Ryan Kelly
Tarik Black

We should win the championship I think :P 

Edited by Majesty, January 16, 2015 - 03:29 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1042 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,443 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted January 25, 2015 - 12:43 AM

I just noticed....Steve Kerr is still one of the commentators. Okay...what?

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#1043 Majesty

Majesty

• 45,873 posts

Posted January 27, 2015 - 12:50 PM

I just noticed....Steve Kerr is still one of the commentators. Okay...what?

Commentating himself coaching a game :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1044 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,443 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted January 27, 2015 - 04:53 PM

Commentating himself coaching a game :D

:turrible:

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#1045 Majesty

Majesty

• 45,873 posts

Posted March 17, 2015 - 05:30 PM

Now at about 2019  

Made a few trades and some picks and a few other things and the lineup is now drastically different. 

I decided whenever I would level up that I would spend the 'skill point' on anything to do with players or facilities that would help the players (stuff that raises their offensive or defensive awareness, players reach potential 30% faster, injury recovery, making it so they lose 90% of their stamina in training and travel, increases player potential by this much etc etc) 

ALL those bonuses are "BIG" when you want to form a team and they stick around if you ever start another MyGM it pretty much ensures your teams success if you invest properly and players that weren't hitting their potential on other teams will on yours.    

This is what the + numbers next to your players names are basically because of those 'facilities' it boosts your players stats along with just natural progression.  So... because of this + some of the players I drafted's potentials (which are all either A or A+ thanks to some of the facilities) my team is pretty much full of 98s and 99s lol.

Dante Exum(96 + 3) 99
Caris LeVert(95 + 4) 99
Justise Winslow(93 + 2)  95
Julius Randle(96 + 3) 99
DeMarcus Cousins(96 + 1) 97

Bench
Jordan Clarkson(93 + 4) 97
Kobe Bryant ) 93 (he's 40 and I convinced him to stay another year for another ring) 
Nick Young (70 + 4) 74 
Perry Jones (78 + 5) 83  / Chris McCarthy(2K generated defensive 4 I took from Utah) (76 + 4) 80
Tarik Black (86 + 2) 88  / Anderson Varejao (58 + 4) 62

Inactive: Ryan Kelly (66 + 3) 69 

Also if you get all those 'player places' whenever you level up as a GM you can essentially make it so that progressive fatigue is no longer a factor.  At this point I put all training on Very High and never give days off. I tried it for half a season, the entire team was still 'Fresh'. 

After we win our 4th straight Championship this year I think I'm gonna start a new one and see if I can land Anthony Davis and Westbrook and build the Lakers in the "land the big time free agents" way of things as I think the 'rebuild through draft and some good free agency steals and moves' method I think the team has gotten as good as it will get. 

Also don't neglect the training.  Once you get it to a certain point mix up how much Tactical, Physical etc you want to do as a team. You can build certain players certain ways.   

I waited for Randle to max out his rebounding and then started working on his inside finishing and then his mid range.  I also put him through camps that would help this.  

Eventually I had an entire season of him focusing on his speed and quickness.  I got that as high as it could go, and today in the 2019 season I got his speed to a 99 due to a camp I sent him to. 

Let me tell you..Julius Randle with a 99 speed and at full potential.. is a scary thing for the other team lol.  

Hope those of you still playing are having fun! 

Edited by Majesty, March 17, 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#1046 Majesty

Majesty

• 45,873 posts

Posted March 22, 2015 - 04:31 PM

Decided to try a new MyGM with the Timberwolves.  

Traded a bunch of draft picks to the Lakers for a few pieces and got MCW away from the Bucks and started working on other aspects of his game.   

Because all the stuff I had in my other MyGM  time carries over(all the bonuses) and stuff the Timberwolves and all their potential, they made the playoffs, I wrestled away Giannis from the Bucks for a few more pieces.   Because it got them there twice as fast.  We lost to the Spurs in the 1st round however.  

But we have a few pieces that are gonna hit the 'One of a Kind' Potential kind of level, so I traded a few more pieces to the Bucks and wrestled Jabari Parker away from the Bucks as well for a few other greater pieces.   Turns out MCW, Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker, and Zach LaVine ALL hit "One of a Kind" ranking midway through the 2nd season and we are now 55-3.  

The Lakers on the other hand(which is controlled by the CPU)with all their draft picks and cap space that I afforded them to make other moves happen are now sporting a lineup of a bunch of draft talent from the 2015 draft as well as Kobe lol whom are hitting their potential as well as they went a season growing where the team didn't make the playofffs. 

So now the Timberwolves are sporting a lineup of 

MCW
Andrew Wiggins

Antentekoumpo  
Jabari Parker
Willie Cauley Stein 

With LaVine, Bennett, Elfrid Payuton, Jordan Hill, Jerian Grant,  Ryan Kelly, Jeremy Lin and Mo Williams on the bench. 

will be fun =P 

#1047 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,177 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted March 29, 2015 - 02:36 PM

https://twitter.com/...257196009807872

John Wall scores 25, James Harden w/ 24. #NBA2K15 $10.99 @amazongames tomorrow @ noon PT for 12 hours while supplies last. Spread word RT!

giphy.gif

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#1048 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater #1 Raider hater

• 3,608 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted April 08, 2015 - 01:44 PM

Can anybody explained to me why there is no playoff tree in "My Career"?  It is nice to see how the other teams are doing besides not knowing what protential team will play against  you in the next round.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users