Photo

Official NBA 2K15 Thread

• Please log in to reply
943 replies to this topic

Poll: Official NBA 2K15 Thread (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you purchasing?

1. Yes (27 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Undecided (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Which System?

1. Xbox 360 (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

2. Playstation 3 (20 votes [51.28%])

Percentage of vote: 51.28%

3. PC (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#641 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,403 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted June 18, 2013 - 02:55 PM

Even if you buy a pc for 600 bucks to buy a graphics card to run high end games is gonna set you back 250 easy. Im talking about a comp that can run games on their next gen graphics. You show me a pc for 700 bucks that will run crysis 3 at 31 fps. My friend had to drop 1500 on a custom pc in order to run crysis on that and even then it dips into the medium 20's. Next gen graphics require a lot of computing power. They have been out for a while on computer but the amount of money needed to actually get them to show is a lot more than any console. I can go pick up a 360 for 200 bucks and run skyrim and it looks pretty good. Now to get a pc to run it at its very best is gonna set you back a lot more than 200 bucks. PC gaming is a lot more expensive then console gaming and that is why next gen graphics on consoles is such a big deal even though they have been out on pc for a while, just too pricey to really have it at your finger tips.

Im not sure what games your referring to but to play the games that are known to look beautiful at their best settings i.e. crysis or witcher 2 your gonna have to put a pretty penny into your pc to be able to run them at their best and still have a great gaming experience.

yeah but if you do the math in combination with getting games on steam it will set you back a lot less money once that computer is built than paying $60 for console games whenever a new one comes out.  

You'd actually save money in the long run doing computer gaming than console gaming.   Because of the money it would cost to get the games on PC and steam over paying 60 for console games and bonus content while also having more to offer add-on wise than any console if you wanted to mod :)

Edited by Majesty, June 18, 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#642 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,837 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted June 18, 2013 - 08:54 PM

yeah but if you do the math in combination with getting games on steam it will set you back a lot less money once that computer is built than paying $60 for console games whenever a new one comes out.  

You'd actually save money in the long run doing computer gaming than console gaming.   Because of the money it would cost to get the games on PC and steam over paying 60 for console games and bonus content while also having more to offer add-on wise than any console if you wanted to mod :)

While over the long run your right, in the short run no one has 1500 to pony up for a computer lol Im not saying one is better, Im just trying to say next gen graphics are big because a lot of people have no seen them on the computer yet since they dont have the money for them.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#643 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Got a few questions?

how do i install an updated roster with no injures??? i cant play as kobe or dwight in the game....

also how do i install custom laker arena music??

im on ps3, nba 2k13

#644 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 21, 2013 - 07:44 PM

basically how do i put music like this into nba 2k13 so it plays it during the game:

#645 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,403 posts

Posted June 30, 2013 - 02:55 PM

basically how do i put music like this into nba 2k13 so it plays it during the game:

You'd have to save it on your xbox as a playlist or song and then put it in the game in the arena music part

#646 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 01, 2013 - 09:57 AM

I think if you go into the save files, and you delete the ROSTER UPDATES, it will set it back to the original version...

This will likely force you to be kicked off line...

What I do, Is just play assosciasion mode... Wiggins + Kobe = championship EVERY TIME!!!!

Got a few questions?

how do i install an updated roster with no injures??? i cant play as kobe or dwight in the game....

also how do i install custom laker arena music??

im on ps3, nba 2k13

#647 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted July 09, 2013 - 09:17 AM

2k-sports-cover.jpg

"We are very proud to collaborate with 2K Sports by introducing our teams and players into the best basketball videogame in the world," stated Mr. Jordi Bertomeu, Euroleague Basketball President and CEO.  "With this partnership, we’re able to bring fans one step closer to the action by ushering the Euroleague into the global gaming community."

The fourteen teams to be included in NBA 2K14 are:

·       Alba Berlin
·       FC Barcelona
·       Real Madrid
·       CSKA Moscow
·       EA7 Emporio Armani Milano
·       Montepaschi Siena
·       Fenerbahçe Ülker Istanbul
·       Anadolu Efes Istanbul
·       Olympiacos Piraeus
·       Panathinaikos Athens
·       Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
·       Zalgiris Kaunas
·       Unicaja Málaga
·       Laboral Kutxa Vitoria

http://www.euroleagu...s/i/114651/6330

also included in the original post of thread

Edited by Draztik, July 09, 2013 - 09:19 AM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#648 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 11:22 AM

I wish they had a D-league and summer ball in the Assaciasion mode...

I feel like they don't care about the Franchise/Associsasion modes...

Its pretty weak... and the mode is broken after 3-4 seasons as all teams reach 99...

#649 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,403 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 01:47 PM

They had D-league in NBA2k12 actually.

I think they had a summer league equivilent in NBA2k10 or 2k11.

I'd like to see them return as well  It could be part of the off-season things.

#650 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 02:53 PM

They had D-league in NBA2k12 actually.

I think they had a summer league equivilent in NBA2k10 or 2k11.

I'd like to see them return as well  It could be part of the off-season things.

Serious?

That would make things much better...
The D-League should be in the game... a place to develop young players, and a place to send a disgruntled rookie when they complain about mins...

Summer league as well..
Send your rookies to the summer league during the summer...
Get a feel for them...

even get to use the undrafted players, and see if any of them have a skill you like

I wish there was another company that made NBA games

#651 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,261 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 21, 2013 - 09:53 PM

Started a new Association today with an updated Lakers roster. I shipped out Pau, Nash, Duhon, Blake, Jamison(I just resigned him), Kaman, Young, Farmar, Meeks, Sacre, and Johnson. Lol I really cleaned house. From those players I received Trevor Ariza, Perry Jones, Tony Wroten, Marshon Brooks, Tristan Thompson, Larry Sanders, and two first rounders. I started to mold Wroten and Jones as my PG and PF of the future.

My year 1 rotation looked like this

Wroten/Morris
Kobe/Brooks
Ariza/ CDR
Jones/ Thompson
Sanders/ Hill

Won the NBA championship against the Heat in the finals and the first rounders i received in the beginning of the season turned into lotto picks. I ended up landing Nerlens Noel and Ben Maclemore with my lotto picks, Andre roberson in the 2nd round, and I traded Tristan thompson and darius morris for the draft rights to Trey Burke.

My rotation now is
Wroten/ Burke
Kobe/ Brooks/ BM
Ariza/ CDR/ Roberson
Jones/ Hill
Sanders/ Noel

I managed to get the Bucks '14 pick, which will almost certainly net me a top 5 pick, in which case I'll use to acquire Wiggins.

Edited by Lakerace24, July 21, 2013 - 09:55 PM.

#652 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,403 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 10:41 AM

I always keep Nash.

He's freaking overpowered if you run the offense through Kobe and you get doubled and Nash is the guy left open.   He can average 27 in a season because of that lol

#653 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts

Posted July 23, 2013 - 01:15 PM

kobe-nash is a great combo....

I traded Dwight For Marc gasol.. had the Gasol brothers reunited...
Then traded Metta, for Mike Miller... just another floor spacer...

played 3 min quarters... 14 game season... best of 3 in the playoffs...
this was fun, because I could play all the games in the year...

I lost one game all season... to the thunder... (mike miller cannot cover Durrant..)
kobe averaged like 27 points per game during the season.. no one else in the NBA averaged 10+ PPG

the only thing with nash is that he retires at the end of the first year

#654 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,261 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:50 PM

the only thing with nash is that he retires at the end of the first year

This is why I unload ALL of my vets except for Kobe in the 1st year. I then go after players that have to the potential to be absolute demons at their position. The trade value of the older players diminishes every year, so I get what I can for them off the bat. No point in paying Pau $19 Million when I can trade him for Larry Sanders straight up. But molding your own young players into stars is the best.

Take Tony Wroten for example. He's a 6'6 rookie PG with great athleticism and a decent defender already at his position (Around a 63 overall rating) He's an awful shooter but by season's end, after putting him through the maximum number of allowed drills as well as boosting his potential in training camp, I have myself a ~75 Overall 2nd Year Point Guard with 80+ potential on a rookie deal.

#655 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,526 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 23, 2013 - 02:59 PM

Signature skills is everything in 2k13 and hopefully in 2k14 too because it made the game pretty fun.

I think the Lakers were actually really solid because Nash, Kobe, and Dwight are practically unstoppable.  Nash with all his Sig Skills is a pure point and Kobe can't be stopped on offense.  What I'm anticipating the most is the overall ranking and stats of players such as Kobe, Paul George, Klay Thompson, and other guys whom have developed their game.

I also don't know whether to buy an Xbox One or PS4... 

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#656 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 05:53 AM

I created a assasciation with the lakers 2013-2014 projected roster...

I had to custom create Farmar, and Kelly, Farmar I made a 3 point shooting, fast PG, who was a rating 73

Kelly a 3 point shooting PF who was a 64 (very generous)

Nash/Farmar/Blake

Kobe/Young/Meeks/Johnson

CDR

Pau/Kelly

Kaman/Hill/Sacre

I rolled with it... I really wanted a tough nosed low post defender...

CDR filled in nice at the wing spot, when I needed defense...

Nick Young could go off for 30+ points anytime, or be worthless.... meeks and Johnson were worthless...

Team needs a Scoring PF off the bench, who accells in the low post.

and another defensive wing player, who can guard posts 1-3

#657 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 09:41 PM

anyway... I won it all with the lakers with the 2013-2014 roster... and Nash didn't even retire...

#658 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,403 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 10:00 PM

anyway... I won it all with the lakers with the 2013-2014 roster... and Nash didn't even retire...

I think the "retire" thing also has to do with how often they get injured.

I can usually keep Kobe around for 5-6 years till he retires, but if he gets injured in one of his later years then he decides to retire.

So I notice people are more likely to retire depending on their role, minutes as well as their health. 

So I try to keep them around as long as possible.

My team's unfair though. 

Nash's dimer + Nick Young's microwave and broken shot that rarely if ever misses if he's left wide open is just a match made lol.

Last time I played and Nick Young was on fire he scored 30 in the quarter when I had Nash out there =p 

Would drive on the double team to the other side that Young's defender was, they'd rotate, I'd bounce back to Young in the corner for three, money nearly every time.

Wesley Johnson CAN go when he decides to get aggressive I just wish he'd do it more often,  Jordan Hill is actually usually left for a mid range jumper, but I've found that taking one dribble in and popping the stand still mid range goes in if he's square with the basket.

Kaman is always good for a mid range shot when drawing defensive attention in the paint. 

If I run a lineup with Nash Kobe and Young I have their roles set pretty well.

So either Kobe is gonna move to iso, Nash is gonna wait for the pass or Young is gonna wait for the pass or the 4 is gonna cut when if they try to double.  So running it through Gasol in the post to playmake on certain plays usually results in either a wide open three for Nick Young or Steve Nash, or a cut to the basket from Jordan Hill and unless it throws the pass I didn't want it to throw It's an easy bucket and I rarely have to iso with Kobe.

Then again I changed up 30+ plays my playbook some so I'm actually running an offense that fits us so I guess that's why it works so well.

I got Meeks as last off my bench though.  When I spell minutes for both Young and Kobe and put Meeks in I can ALWAYS get him a wide open shot he nearly always misses!! I'm thinking of just basically putting him on the inactive list and activating Farmar.

Edited by Majesty, July 24, 2013 - 10:01 PM.

#659 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts

Posted July 24, 2013 - 10:08 PM

Now that the possibility that Daye might join the team, makes me want to do it again...

He is not the tough PF I was hoping for, but he can hit the 3, allowing a 4 out, 1 in game with Pau...

The strange thing is, nash was playing hurt the entire season, and playoffs, he even missed a couple rounds, and about half the season.. really got some use out of farmar and blake..

Young can light it up... I remember the first game with him, he was matching kobe point for point... both ended up with 30 plus points... (5 min quarters)

Farmar is fast... and can hit the 3... also athletic...
Meeks and Johnson were both in my doghouse all year... they just couldn't do it.. I found myself playing steve blake at SG when I could over those guys...at least blake hits the shots..

got to adjust the lineup, put daye on there...

Nash/Blake/Farmar
Kobe/Young/Johnson/Meeks
CDR/Daye
Pau/Kelly
Kaman/hill/sacre

that's 14...
love to take those 14, add malcom Thomas...

Not dress Sacre/Kelly/Meeks...

#660 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,340 posts

Posted July 25, 2013 - 08:34 AM

Kobe

Nash

Young

Johnson

Pau