Photo

Official NBA 2K Thread (Pg. 40 - Eco-Motion Video)

• Please log in to reply
899 replies to this topic

Poll: Official NBA 2K Thread (Pg. 40 - Eco-Motion Video) (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you purchasing?

1. Yes (27 votes [69.23%])

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

3. Undecided (6 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Which System?

1. Xbox 360 (16 votes [41.03%])

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

2. Playstation 3 (20 votes [51.28%])

Percentage of vote: 51.28%

3. PC (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#781 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,166 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:21 AM

trash

ap1.png

#782 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:45 AM

http://www.ign.com/v...ameplay-trailer

Pretty good review of the trailer. 

Looking forward to this game. Detail is important to me and it looks like they nailed it.  The crowds will never be perfect (at least not in this generation of consoles), but what I care about is the environment (loud when going on a run, silent when the opponent goes on a run, etc). 

#783 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,107 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted October 19, 2013 - 01:37 PM

Will definitely be getting this for the PS4, but not at launch. I have 2K11 and 2k12 for PS3 and rarely play them on my own, only mostly when friends come over.

next gen is looking amazing.

#784 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 22, 2013 - 04:10 AM

http://youtu.be/K6MbqCcUeQk

Here's my rookie showcase in NBA 2k14 sorry if bad quality and horrible mic.

33bkfif.jpg

#785 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,604 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 22, 2013 - 03:54 PM

http://youtu.be/K6MbqCcUeQk

Here's my rookie showcase in NBA 2k14 sorry if bad quality and horrible mic.

Quality is good.  Mic reminds me of Despicable-me-minions.jpg

But the gameplay was nice.  36/12/10/7/5 on 94% shooting from the field is a nice stat line and you got the first round draft pick :)

What was the difficulty on?

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#786 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 23, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Features announced today:

Graphics and New Engine

The first thing you need to know, NBA 2K14 is not a port. It has been built from the ground up for the new hardware with a new engine called "Eco Motion."

The game will feature much improved graphics, with additional details like leg tattoos, new celebrations, hairstyles, and facial hair.

2K will be focusing its efforts on four main pillars of gameplay: NBA Today, MyCAREER, MyTEAM, and MyGM.

NBA Today is brand new, built from the ground up. Video highlights from previous days games will be shown with the menu looking like a scoreboard w/ all games listed.

All your NBA news connected on your console updated daily. This is all driven by Dynamic Living Rosters - which is adjust daily based on how players are performing in the real world.

Points of emphasis has been added to the game, which is a feature last saw in the old College Hoops franchise. No warmup outfit for bench players, but the crowds look much better. There are now less duplicates in the crowd. FYI the gameplay clip we saw was only 4 possessions.

Little imperfections of dirt on the backboard tells you all you need to know about the attention to detail. 2K built a material library. It looks like 2K took each arena and really upgraded them.

Details shown at scorers table. A thumbprint on a monitor is shown. Redid the scoreboards in each arena and the lighting in each arena, it is a small but definitely noticeable improvement.

Now showing off the new LED dynamic lighting system. Just stunning. Scoreboard lights are dynamic and showcase reflections.

2K actually measured the color temperature of lights and count the number of lights and manufacturer of lights.

2K now showcasing Kobe Bryant getting head scanned. Kobe hung around while they built his model and his reaction was "GTFO here"

Watching Lebron face map. Asking him to make intense faces. Can’t lie the game has his and Kobe’s face down. KD’s and Iguodala face maps. Both look great. Even have KD’s bad skin.

The team captured and head scanned constantly working around NBA schedules to capture nearly every player in the NBA. Hundreds of players with thousands of expressions you will see in the game. Showcasing art of those now. This is photo realism.

2K captured nearly every player in the NBA. Parker looks great. Have Amare haircut with brown streak. Ray Allen looks great.

Gameplay

Mike Wang is on and speaking about elevating the game harnessing the tech. Primarily in physics and animations. Foot planting clips shown.

Wang is talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen. It looks great. Really no sliding. Now showing dribbling. Ball actually rotates while dribbling which is not in current gen.

Now speaking to ball handling. Eco Motion allows them to track true physics. Ball spinning when dribbling, ball in hands. Tangible object.

New animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.

Mike speaks about animation synthesis, Eco Motion - based on physics and situation, animations will change. With animation synthesis, animations will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, anim will change on the fly.

The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible stuff here.

AI

Coaches will adapt to what is happening in the game. So game plans will dynamically change based on what other teams are doing.

Rob talks about points of emphasis. Every coach will have its own ai and strategize based on how the game is going.

There are nine different options on offense and defense to strategize how to defend or attack your opponent.

Emotion Plus

Emotion Plus will categorize all the players personalities. For example, Kobe is an Alpha Dog. He wants the ball, he's fierce.

"Human emotions translate into performance. Every player has personality, highs are highs, lows are lows."

Emotion plus is a new feature. Each player has a personality. Personality and game events can affect how a plot performs.

MyGM

My GM is new franchise mode. Lots of RPG elements are in the next-gen game.

MyGM is a cerebral experience. Every decision changes the world around you. GM has attributes and special abilities.

MyGM includes conversations. You have to asses the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.

You will get fired from the owner of you don't maintain harmony in your organization, locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.

This is the complete evolution of association mode. Decisions and reactions is what this mode is all about.

"We have built a completely new experience for franchise players. All your day to day experiences have no right or wrong answers."

MyPLAYER, MyCAREER

Complete cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.

This mode "will leave you asking, "what will happen next?" Building relationships, making deals, etc..

Over 40 hours of gameplay in your first year alone.

"captured 1000s of cut scenes w actors & whole life of player. Every experience of being NBA player. All you want to see is next path"

When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.

Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing. Quite a tease.

Jeff: "When MyPlayer isn't balling, he likes to hang with 100 of his friends at The Park."

That was the conclusion of the presentation from 2K. We will have hands-on experiences from the event very soon!

Also here is the first look at actual gameplay:

http://www.gamespot....h/2300-6415722/

Personally, I think the game looks great. The detail is amazing and the game looks smooth. You can always find things wrong with games and like the video in the link, there will be criticism because it didn't meet the ridiculous expectations of some avid gamers.

We've gone from this in 2k8:

NBA2K8_BoxShot_Aug29_Kobe061.jpg

To this in 2k14:

Nike-Kobe-9-Debuts-in-NBA-2K14-Trailer-2

#787 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,309 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted October 24, 2013 - 02:00 AM

Heard about this earlier can't wait to get my hands on it.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

#788 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 24, 2013 - 04:39 AM

All I'm gonna say is next gen feels like a whole different game

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#789 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,604 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 26, 2013 - 05:00 PM

Well look who got a 2k Next Gen screenshot now

BXhxv9uCIAE_yyw.jpg

XAVIER HENRY!!!!

EVEN THE PEOPLE AT 2K WANT HIM ON THE LAKERS!!!

Thanks LD2k!! lol  :D

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#790 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 26, 2013 - 09:34 PM

So happy to hear that it isnt just a port from current gen. I say this because all the things I have heard about 2k14 from current gen is that the game is basically the same as last year. Thankfully they changed it up for next gen which is great, day one buy for me.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#791 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,107 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted October 26, 2013 - 10:25 PM

There's a 2 min gameplay video on IGN(youtube), and from what I saw gameplay remained mostly unchanged, even the IGN nerds commented on that, but they came to a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of conclusion and seemed unbothered by it.

I'll wait and see until more gameplay is released and draw a more concrete conclusion.

#792 Drazard

Drazard

The Death Bringer

• 1,748 posts
  • Name:Drazard

Posted October 28, 2013 - 01:52 AM

Quality is good.  Mic reminds me of Despicable-me-minions.jpg

But the gameplay was nice.  36/12/10/7/5 on 94% shooting from the field is a nice stat line and you got the first round draft pick :)

What was the difficulty on?

HAHAHAHAHAHA lol my voice in that game was worst than a minion lol, minion is more cuter than my voice

I used to play Hall of fame difficulty before I tried My career and I lose a lot but when I play that rookie showcase it feels like I'm playing PRO difficulty cause those 3 points attempt are going in and the defense are very sag but after the rookie showcase and the draft I went in gameplay difficulty. The default in game difficulty is Allstar but for me it feels like PRO difficulty.

33bkfif.jpg

#793 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted October 31, 2013 - 10:47 AM

A couple of things about that video:  Kobe's shot looks awesome and the hopping on one foot looks sick.   And also Curry's celebration has me excited for how players will celebrate on game winners.  I mentioned this earlier in the thread about it being something that needed to improve. 

#794 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 06, 2013 - 07:42 PM

#795 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 07, 2013 - 09:10 AM

^^^ Hope you truly see it as much as they say and it just isnt a gimmick thing to hype up the game. Im tired of getting a steal in a close game in the 4th for a break away dunk and the player just looks mum about it. I need to see that hype reaction.

Edit: I am also gonna need the kobe face in this game. Hitting a clutch shot in a close game with Kobe I gotta see the mamba face lol

Edited by PhillyLaker24, November 07, 2013 - 09:15 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#796 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted November 07, 2013 - 09:46 AM

^^^ Hope you truly see it as much as they say and it just isnt a gimmick thing to hype up the game. Im tired of getting a steal in a close game in the 4th for a break away dunk and the player just looks mum about it. I need to see that hype reaction.

Edit: I am also gonna need the kobe face in this game. Hitting a clutch shot in a close game with Kobe I gotta see the mamba face lol

We'll see.  I'm definitely not one of those guys that will be picky about things.  I know games will always flaws, they ALWAYS will.  It's about limiting those flaws.  

The game looks good.  It's the first basketball game on next-gen so it will obviously improve over the years.  I'm excited for it no doubt. 

#797 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 983 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 07, 2013 - 12:48 PM

Pre ordered it with ps4 :-) can't wait.
The new mode franchise: My GM looks amazing.

#798 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,077 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 08, 2013 - 03:52 PM

Oh Myyyy

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

• 40,395 posts

Posted November 08, 2013 - 03:57 PM

^ That is [expletive]in' awesome! But where is POP??? That would've been the best by far!

yo.

#800 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,077 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted November 08, 2013 - 04:04 PM

probably showing the realism of him not wanting to do interviews lol 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic