Photo

NBA 2K16

• Please log in to reply
1089 replies to this topic

Poll: NBA 2K16 (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you purchasing?

1. Yes (29 votes [67.44%])

Percentage of vote: 67.44%

2. No (6 votes [13.95%])

Percentage of vote: 13.95%

3. Undecided (8 votes [18.60%])

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

Which System?

1. Xbox 360 (15 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

2. Playstation 3 (19 votes [44.19%])

Percentage of vote: 44.19%

3. PC (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

4. PS4 (5 votes [11.63%])

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

5. Xbox One (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1081 M.M.

M.M.

@WeCarpeDiem

• 3,508 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:Early 2000s
  • Fav. Laker:Retired #

Posted September 29, 2015 - 03:05 PM

how anyone tried using the 2001 lakers?

IG: @WeCarpeDiem 

Twitter: @WeCarpeDiem

#1082 Yaboy

Yaboy

Starter

• 4,432 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 29, 2015 - 03:43 PM

Should have waited... the pre-order wasn't worth it... The packs were TRASH... i enjoy MUT more.

OD_zpsef7494d9.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#1083 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Superstar

• 8,138 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted September 29, 2015 - 07:54 PM

I will wait for you guys reviews

#1084 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 50,871 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 30, 2015 - 12:22 AM

Game is great but I do need to rant on myCareer...

Freq is really stupid.  I wish the game actually GAVE you the options they promised.  I'm pretty sure all your 'options' and 'decisions' have to do with what you do in the off-season and what you do on the off-days.  But seriously NONE of those 'decisions' happen during the actual storyline... the ONLY decision you make as far as the storyline goes is what college to go to. 

You don't get to pick to stay in college or not. 
You don't get to pick if you cut Vic Loose or not. 
You don't get to pick your Agent.
You don't get to pick who stays on your "Team Freq" or not. 
You don't get to form any kind of bond with your teammates or other NBA players the 1st season. 

Seriously WHY NOT implement this stuff into your rookie season?  The 'choices you make' were BIG hype around this game, and you KNOW Spike Lee can make different storylines based on decisions.  You got Spike Lee on the project but make the storymode essentially a linear path with no actual decision making being made whatsoever. 

I can let it slide that winning the NCAA Championship feels NOTHING like the college atmosphere once you win, its a small celebration mid court between 2 teammates. The crowd isn't loud, there isn't confetti, It's not a COLLEGE ATMOSPHERE NCAA TOURNAMENT WIN.  And it's NOT in a separate arena which it SHOULD be.  Your High School Championship game was in a separate arena but the NCAA Championship game is NOT.  

Most underwhelming victory you'll ever have in MyCareer that captures nothing of the college atmosphere after you win.  But everything atmosphere-wise up until that point is perfect. So I can let that small oversight slide... 

I can let it slide that Summer League AND Vert and Speed Tests are IN THE GAME for off-days but they didn't implement them in any of your pre-draft situation to improve stock. Which happens in real life and is IN THE GAME but do they implement it into any of the draft process?  Nope....

I can let it slide that you DON'T get to play Summer League your rookie year for some extra VC despite it BEING IN THE GAME.

What I can't slide is how linear they made MyCareer.  They made your player an idiot and don't give you the choice to make one single solitary decision during it.  You aren't playing the game, the game is playing you.  And after all the hype they put around MyCareer, the storymode and ALL the choices you can make during it, this is a complete letdown in that aspect. 

Oh but don't worry, in NBA2k17 they'll offer all these options that basically involve them 'spending a year' including things in the exact same engine that could be included as DLC to THIS game and promoting it as if it's some sort of new fangled revolutionary thing!  

Because that's all they basically do from game to game.  They tweak things that could be tweaked within a patch, and they add "new gameplay" things that could essentially be a DLC, but make you pay 60 dollars for it and slap 2K(next year) on it...  and THIS year that is infuriating, ESPECIALLY when they had Spike freaking Lee to actually work on the story and DON'T utilize him to the fullest extent they could have.  

Blown opportunity by 2K and a major letdown on that aspect.  I don't blame Spike for it, it was 2K that ultimately decided on this linear path.   Next time they do that.. DON'T HYPE the Storymode like you got some "Until Dawn" choices to make, when you don't even make ONE bar choosing a college and you gotta sit there and watch your guy get played by the people around him while remaining an idiot and you have NO SAY in his decisions or responses...ugh.  

/rant over  

Edited by Majesty, September 30, 2015 - 12:25 AM.

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1085 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 4,825 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted September 30, 2015 - 05:48 PM

^^^I agree with most, but asking Spike Lee to do an expansive first year probably didn't make sense dollar wise. 

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#1086 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

Canada, eh?

• 1,419 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, LO, Pau, JC

Posted October 01, 2015 - 07:45 AM

People already finding ways to hack their myPlayer. 

7'3 PGs are back, and people hacked to get all the shooting badges up.

Worst type of people to play online versus. SMH.

#1087 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 50,871 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted October 01, 2015 - 08:24 AM

People already finding ways to hack their myPlayer. 

7'3 PGs are back, and people hacked to get all the shooting badges up.

Worst type of people to play online versus. SMH.

They usually have no skill and can be broke off the dribble :D 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#1088 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Superstar

• 8,138 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 01, 2015 - 10:09 AM

This is just me. That Myplayer is all good, but all I want is a simple pick the Lakers and play a season. Can i do that?  That is all care about. Basic NBA 2K with all that extra story junk.

#1089 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 24,117 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar

Posted October 01, 2015 - 10:26 AM

This is just me. That Myplayer is all good, but all I want is a simple pick the Lakers and play a season. Can i do that?  That is all care about. Basic NBA 2K with all that extra story junk.

You can do franchise mode, but I don't think there's a single season mode

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#1090 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Starter

• 4,825 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted October 05, 2015 - 04:32 PM

Had to make a new my career after realizing the caps on my guy were just horrible for the style I like to play. I made a 6'6 balanced sg to be in the Kobe mold of course, but due to his height his max speed is awful and his jumper shot as well. I understand they had to put some caps on these players since people cheesed on my park with their players, but I don't get how a 6'6 sg can't be fast or a good shooter when the two best 2 guards to ever do it were 6'6 and very athletic. 

With that decided to do the glitch to get some VC so my new player wouldn't be awful from the start. Made a 6'3 inside sg just so I could have the speed and ability to finish in traffic when I drive. Was told I was gonna be the number one overall pick before the championship game, dropped 35/3/3 on 13/14 shooting in the national chip and ended up going second to the Lakers. Averaged 32/4/3 shooting 80+% fg in college and still didn't go 1st overall I have no clue what you have to do to actually go 1st overall then lol 

Not sure what team I am gonna target in free agency yet, not gonna stick on the Lakers because I don't wanna take Clarksons spot. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, October 05, 2015 - 04:33 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users