• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,647 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 20, 2011 - 05:03 PM

I hope there's a way for AT&T customers like myself to get out of their current contracts if something major changes with pricing. I'm dying to switch to Verizon

#22 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted March 20, 2011 - 05:47 PM

Governments have laws against monopolies, and if in the US they don't, they'll probably make them

Yes they do, but what about gas prices then? It works the same way.

#23 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,402 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 21, 2011 - 09:54 AM

Hopefully Verizon will buy Cricket & Metro PCS..... OkImLying

veqdeg.jpg

#24 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted March 21, 2011 - 04:43 PM

I love this country, but seriously [expletive] monopolies. From airlines, to phone companies, this [expletive] is just ridiculous.

Posted Image

• 40,399 posts

Posted March 21, 2011 - 07:25 PM

^ Now THAT'S a good post.

yo.

#26 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,340 posts

Posted March 21, 2011 - 08:12 PM

Not that they were ever a small company, but man, that iPhone exclusivity for all those years must have really helped with this.

Edited by leor_77, March 21, 2011 - 08:13 PM.

#27 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 21, 2011 - 08:29 PM

Exactly

Looks like no iphone for tmobile for at least a year.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/20/t-mobile-answers-its-customers-most-frequently-asked-question/

Actually that quote doesn't say that they won't offer it. All it says is that they don't offer it.

I have a hard time believing that T-Mobile wouldn't do this deal without some sort of an agreement for the iPhone

#28 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,647 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 21, 2011 - 08:34 PM

Actually that quote doesn't say that they won't offer it. All it says is that they don't offer it.

I have a hard time believing that T-Mobile wouldn't do this deal without some sort of an agreement for the iPhone

I think when they ultimately finish all the business with the current T-Mobile users, they would be forced to sign an AT&T contract, therefore making the iPhone available

#29 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,161 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted March 21, 2011 - 08:56 PM

that wouldn't make any sense. its Apple's iPhone not ATT's... Apple lets ATT have THEIR phone on ATT.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#30 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,193 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 21, 2011 - 09:49 PM

Quote basically says it will take a year for merger to finish n that they don't carry iPhone @ tmobile, therefore no iPhone for at least a year n depending on details of merger.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#31 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,044 posts

Posted August 31, 2011 - 09:53 AM

Government sues to halt AT&T merger with T-Mobile

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The U.S. Department of Justice filed an antitrust lawsuit against AT&T on Wednesday seeking to block its $39 billion merger with T-Mobile.

The merger would create the largest wireless company in the United States, combining AT&T's 98 million customers with T-Mobile's 34 million users, for a total of 130 million subscribers. AT&T is currently the second-largest wireless company by number of subscribers, and T-Mobile is fourth.

The DOJ said the merger would lead to a situation in which just two companies -- the AT&T-T-Mobile combination and Verizon Wireless -- would dominate the mobile market. The new AT&T and Verizon would account for more than two-thirds of wireless subscribers and 78% of the wireless industry's revenues.

"We feel the combination of AT&T and T-Mobile would result in tens of millions of consumers across the U.S. facing higher prices, fewer choices, and lower quality products for wireless services," James Cole, deputy attorney general, said in a press conference Wednesday.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/31/technology/att_tmobile_antitrust/index.htm?hpt=hp_t1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users