NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:16 PM

:yeahright:

Movie was garbage idk why I watched I hate over the top action movies and horror movies but I gave Avengers a chance as was not surprised at how lame the story, character development, conflict, and resolution was.

#42 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:17 PM

It's a marvel COMIC BOOK movie. I mean, are people really expecting Anthony Hopkins-type acting? The Godfather? Gone With The Wind?

Movie was garbage idk why I watched I hate over the top action movies and horror movies but I gave Avengers a chance as was not surprised at how lame the story, character development, conflict, and resolution was.

did you grow up reading comics?

Tony Stark was developed in Iron Man, Thor was developed in...Thor, Hulk was developed in...Hulk. etc etc etc

Most of the people seeing these movies already know the backgrounds

Edited by Windu, May 30, 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#43 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:18 PM

It's a marvel COMIC BOOK movie. I mean, are people really expecting Anthony Hopkins-type acting? The Godfather? Gone With The Wind?

Look at a movie like the Dark Knight or the Watchmen those were serious comic book movies with good storylines why does the Avengers have to have terrible story when there's movies that show a comic book movie can be better.

Movie's are more than entertainment to me their art just like music when we criticize some of these new bad rappers and wonder how ppl can love their music and settle for less, thats how I feel with movies I'm not getting really enjoy a movie that I know has a crappy story.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, May 30, 2012 - 08:23 PM.

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:22 PM

No offense NYC, but you just don't get it and that's okay. Not everything is for everyone. Obviously these characters have never been your cup of tea or something. That's fine.

yo.

#45 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:25 PM

did you grow up reading comics?

Tony Stark was developed in Iron Man, Thor was developed in...Thor, Hulk was developed in...Hulk. etc etc etc

Most of the people seeing these movies already know the backgrounds

And all those movies sucked too well I didn't give Thor a chance but I know I wouldn't like it, and regardless of that the development of the characters trying to work together was lame and like at no point did I feel like there was any real conflict it was just a terrible movie to me

#46 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:27 PM

No offense NYC, but you just don't get it and that's okay. Not everything is for everyone. Obviously these characters have never been your cup of tea or something. That's fine.

Thats not it all I actually like comic books I just don't think it was a good movie regardless of who was in it.

Idk how you guys can criticize GP for liking terrible music but then rock out with movies that are just action packed mindless garbage

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:34 PM

In case you didn't know, you are in the great great minority in your opinion, especially in going as far as to call it 'garbage'. That's just crazy talk man, but for you, that's fine. Just telling you you're clearly not as big a fan in the first place of these characters as most people are if you seriously feel it's 'garbage' and are in such a minority of an opinion. That can't be argued.

yo.

#48 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Character development was done in iron man, captain America and Thor movies

Though they still had time to go through the internal strife. Movie was far from garbage IMO. Not as good as the dark knight and probably won't be as good a TDKR and skyfall but still was awesome
Posted Image

• 40,431 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Movie was far from garbage IMO.

IMO isn't even necessary. Hardly anyone feels it's 'garbage'. It's an extreme opinion and an extremely rare one at that (extreme minority).

yo.

#50 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thats not it all I actually like comic books I just don't think it was a good movie regardless of who was in it.

Idk how you guys can criticize GP for liking terrible music but then rock out with movies that are just action packed mindless garbage

Action packed mindless garbage? Hardly. It wasn't a beautiful mind or good will hunting or something like that but It was well written, fantastically filmed, very well acted, and the story while not great was free of plot holes and very streamlined
Posted Image

#51 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Look at a movie like the Dark Knight or the Watchmen those were serious comic book movies with good storylines why does the Avengers have to have terrible story when there's movies that show a comic book movie can be better.

Movie's are more than entertainment to me their art just like music when we criticize some of these new bad rappers and wonder how ppl can love their music and settle for less, thats how I feel with movies I'm not getting really enjoy a movie that I know has a crappy story.

Watchmen was very poorly filmed, overly stylized, and embarrassingly melodramatic

There was nothing wrong with the story. You completely missed the story. It's not about the cube and loki. It's about these group of people with their own agendas banding together despite various differences and internal strife. The cube is just a plot device.

And no conflict? What did you think half of the movie was. Constant bickering amongst the avengers and each person needing to find a means to be selfless. Each character grew.

Hulk learned control, iron man learns sacrifice, Thor lost faith in Loki, black widow and hawkeye reconciled their past.

There was growth throughout the movie
Posted Image

#52 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted May 30, 2012 - 09:24 PM

Idc I thought the movie was trash even if I'm in the minority, it's just isn't a good movie to me.

The development of the characters were weak to me it was so basic and predictable I can't [expletive] with it I'll stick with the Dark Knight and I thought the Watchmens story was waay better it was way more complex, cerebral and authentic feeling to me like how Dr. Manhattan handled having all that power.

Watching the Avengers felt like a cheap thrill to me and the minor developments each character had I didn't feel connected to them at all and what I meant was I never believed the conflict in the movie like you know things are gonna work out but a movie is still supposed to make you feel like bad things are gonna happen to the characters I didn't feel that at all. And I didn't like the light humorous feel the movie had it's just not my cup of tea it was trash to me.

#53 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 04:52 AM

Watchmen wasn't even all that.

And TDK follows (as closely as possible) comic book storylines just like Marvel movies. These movies are dependent on what has already been written in comics decades ago.

The story is very interesting to those who follow comics (or use to follow comics) and even to those who don't follow comics...like my girl...the movie was enjoyable.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#54 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 31, 2012 - 05:23 AM

Im with NYC, Avengers was a step above the same predictable trash.
Avengers was a promo hype machine aimed at the teenagers who are out of school for the summer, we need to make them spend their money on something, drive them to see this film type of movie.
And I love comic books and comic book movies. I saw Ironman, Hulk, Thor.
Individually they were decent.
Avengers was a crock.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#55 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 06:28 AM

there's always a few stragglers

can't please everybody

You have to realize the daunting task of jamming Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Loki, and Nick Fury into one movie. The fact that they pulled it off successfully speaks for itself

People are far too critical nowadays. Take certain movies for what they are: fictional entertainment

Not every movie needs the audience to don their thinking caps or be moved emotionally.

Edited by Windu, May 31, 2012 - 10:49 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#56 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 10:47 AM

Im with NYC, Avengers was a step above the same predictable trash.
Avengers was a promo hype machine aimed at the teenagers who are out of school for the summer, we need to make them spend their money on something, drive them to see this film type of movie.
And I love comic books and comic book movies. I saw Ironman, Hulk, Thor.
Individually they were decent.
Avengers was a crock.

Lol and MIB 3 was a thinking mans classic. GTFOH

MIB was aimed at the same demographics and failed. This is a fact. It was billed as a blockbuster, filmed as a blockbuster, and failed as a blockbuster.

And because it's unpredictable it's a good movie. Lol you have a lot to learn. So the village, Charlie st cloud, Hancock, salt, the tourist are good movies because they are unpredictable

Yet movies like midnight in Paris, shame, the dark knight, xmen first class, spiderman, the Bourne identity, lord of the rings, star wars, Jurassic park, jaws, Indiana jones, Slumdog millionaire, Titanic, and many more are bad because they are predictable

Lol give me a break. If predictability is your judge of how good a movie is your missing 95% of the movie experience.
Posted Image

#57 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 11:17 AM

MIB was aimed at the same demographics and failed. This is a fact. It was billed as a blockbuster, filmed as a blockbuster, and failed as a blockbuster.

And because it's unpredictable it's a good movie. Lol you have a lot to learn. So the village, Charlie st cloud, Hancock, salt, the tourist are good movies because they are unpredictable

Yet movies like midnight in Paris, shame, the dark knight, xmen first class, spiderman, the Bourne identity, lord of the rings, star wars, Jurassic park, jaws, Indiana jones, Slumdog millionaire, Titanic, and many more are bad because they are predictable

Lol give me a break. If predictability is your judge of how good a movie is your missing 95% of the movie experience.

Predictability is one aspect of what makes a movie good as well, a sense that something was at stake, non generic action sequences that make visual and thematic sense, feel connected to the characters, feel anxious about their fate during the battle scenes, and feel happy or sad at the faith of the characters.

I felt none of these things when watching the Avengers it's just not my cup of tea so it's straight trash to, just like how we all think GP's musical taste is trash and he defends it till his death, and the vast majority of ppl like doesn't make it good to me.

If you guys love that movie whatever thats just your perception of what you saw on the screen I'm just giving reason why I think it sucked instead of just saying it sucked with no explanation.

Edited by NYCLakerfan, May 31, 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 12:07 PM

Predictability is such a small aspect. I listed several classic films that were predictable yet still considered either great films or even classics

Predictability is about as minuscule a piece of what makes a movie good

Writing, Cinematography, acting, cast chemistry, set pieces, pacing, plot

All of those carry much more weight than pacing. A movie being unpredictable has never had a direct correlation with quality. Ever
Posted Image

#59 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,486 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted May 31, 2012 - 12:42 PM

your just rambling bro. Not hatin or being a dick but theres no point in anything you said there.
I just didnt enjoy Avengers. Thats it.
And MIB3 didnt flop man.It was #1 movie its opening weekend and I havnt read a critics review yet that said it wasnt worth seeing.

Did you see it? Do you know how it ends and ties into part 1 and 2 and completes the story?

The part I like is when In Part 1 when Will asks "K" have you ever flashy thinged me, aint you worried about the long term effects? and K responds "Nope".
That part was never funny before. But after watching part 3 its freaking hilarious.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#60 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,205 posts

Posted May 31, 2012 - 03:07 PM

MIB didn't flop but it failed. It's budget exceeded 200 million and didn't even hit 60 million on a 3 day weekend. By comparison even hunger games hit 150 million in its opening weekend

That's a failure

And your whole reasoning of why MIB 3 was good was its unpredictability. Saying avengers was bad because it's predictable. I gave you a massive list of real classic movies that were predictable and yet still great
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users