MIB III

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,324 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 11, 2011 - 11:03 AM

"Here come the MIBs"

http://blog.movies.y...like-the-script

What’s the hold up on Men in Black III? Will Smith doesn’t like the script.

Shooting on the big threequel has been delayed because its lead star wants to see some changes, according to the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter (now on newsstands).

Though the script’s original draft (penned by Tropic Thunder writer Etan Cohen) found favor with the studio, Sony Pictures, director Barry Sonnenfeld and producer Walter Parkes, Smith wasn't wild. "He's become very enamored with aspects of screenwriting," says a source involved with the production.

Nevertheless, in an unprecedented move, Sony started shooting in November — with only one act of the script completed.

#2 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted March 11, 2011 - 11:27 AM

this needs to drop

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,027 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 11, 2011 - 11:50 AM

one of my favorite movie series

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 11, 2011 - 01:01 PM

I heard Bad Boys 3 talks were going around too a while ago. Will Smith bringing back the classics.

#5 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted March 11, 2011 - 01:08 PM

I heard Bad Boys 3 talks were going around too a while ago. Will Smith bringing back the classics.

that would be sicker than MIB

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#6 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted March 14, 2011 - 02:52 PM

Mike Laaaaarry
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#7 Skully Gully

Skully Gully

Stranger Danger

• 2,030 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kooobe

Posted March 14, 2011 - 05:46 PM

Posted Image Oh yeah.

It's like a prequel to his daughter's song. Posted Image

Edited by Skully Gully, March 14, 2011 - 05:46 PM.

_
tumblr_mhf8xujcct1qzligbo1_500_zps4cc2ac

#8 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,829 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 15, 2011 - 12:53 PM

Men In Black II was so half-assed and dispassionate, I'd really prefer this "series" of films just goes away.

The first one was fun, but the second one dragged it through the mud a bit and took some of its luster off. If Will Smith, who has never written a script is suddenly thinking he's a writer this third film has nothing but bad waiting for it.

Starting shooting in such a rush with only one act done - terrible idea. Cash is blinding creativity yet again.

#9 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,363 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 16, 2011 - 12:42 PM

Agree with Fido.

I saw today Alec Baldwin has dropped out.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#10 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,008 posts

Posted March 16, 2011 - 12:56 PM

Nooooo, Alec Baldwiiiiiiin....

but yah this may end up being something i'll watch online, though at the same time im excited for it anyway lol. I do remember MIB II kinda sucked as well.

I heard about Bad Boys 3 coming out too... even read it somewhere off will smith's Twitter last night.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,013 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 16, 2011 - 01:38 PM

I don't think I like Etan Cohen.

Edited by Windu, March 16, 2011 - 01:38 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,324 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted April 14, 2011 - 11:16 AM

http://www.tvchitcha...erpressure1.jpg
Josh Brolin Is the Young Tommy Lee Jones in 'Men in Black III'
After nearly a decade away from movie screens, Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are suiting up again to become "Men in Black." After the first two films made over $1 billion worldwide, it was just a matter of time before they put on their shades and fought aliens again. But if the photo to the left is looks a little off to you, don't worry. It's not a facelift that's making Jones look decades younger; it's another actor.

Photographers caught Will Smith and new costar Josh Brolin filming scenes for "Men in Black III" this week in the Bronx. According to The Hollywood Reporter, in the third movie Smith's character, Agent J, goes back in time to 1969 and encounters the younger version of Jones's Agent K, played by Brolin. From the looks of the pictures, it seems that Brolin has stepped into Jones's patent leather shoes just fine.

In many ways, Josh Brolin was a natural choice to step in as the earlier incarnation of Tommy Lee Jones. There is a marked resemblance between the two, especially with their matching black suits and slicked-back hair. They both have roots in Texas: Jones was born there, and Brolin's mother was a native. Both own ranches where they live when they're not working. They have also worked on the same film twice before -- "In the Valley of Elah" and the Oscar-winning "No Country for Old Men" -- but they never appeared in the same scene. And since they're playing the same role in two different times, it stands to reason they won't in "Men in Black III," either.

However, Brolin is significantly older now than Jones actually was in 1969. Brolin is currently 43 years old, and Jones was 23 at that time. But since Brolin still looks young for his age -- and Jones has always looked old for his -- it basically evens out.

Josh Brolin red carpet photos >>

"Men in Black III" has been the subject of some controversy because, according to The Hollywood Reporter, cameras started rolling on the film without a finished script. In order to qualify for New York tax credits that were set to expire, the movie began shooting last November. The plan was for filming to go on hiatus from December through February, but that break was extended through March to finish the screenplay. But as the photographs show, the cast and crew are now back at work.

With a cast that also includes Emma Thompson and Jemaine Clement, "Men in Black III" is scheduled to open on May 25, 2012.

#13 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,473 posts

Posted April 14, 2011 - 11:47 AM

yesurrrrrrrr :rock:

bw1wOGf.png

#14 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,324 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 06:31 AM

Saw it last night and I think its a classic. Felt like a new version of Back to the Future but w/o biting the idea and concepts of time travel.
Awesome movie.
The best of all the MIB's. Cant wait till the blu-ray comes out cuzz its definitely a watch again to see what I missed type movie.

#15 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,166 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted May 28, 2012 - 08:47 AM

Watched yesterday, ish goes

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#16 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted May 28, 2012 - 10:04 AM

seen it and I personally like MIB 2 better but its still good.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#17 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 01:58 PM

Saw it last night and I think its a classic. Felt like a new version of Back to the Future but w/o biting the idea and concepts of time travel.
Awesome movie.
The best of all the MIB's. Cant wait till the blu-ray comes out cuzz its definitely a watch again to see what I missed type movie.

Lol a classic? C'mon
Posted Image

• 40,378 posts

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:31 PM

^ Serio, lol.

yo.

#19 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 28, 2012 - 07:33 PM

I hated all the the MIB movies def won't be watching this

#20 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,324 posts

Posted May 29, 2012 - 04:17 AM

Lol a classic? C'mon

The time travel sequence was very intriguing. The Cape Canaveral Buzz Armstrong launch sequence was awesome.

It was a great movie and when Josh Brolin wins the Academy Award for Best supporting Actor that = classic. The guy did a amazing job.

So why hate on my personal opinion?
I went and saw Avengers and thought it was retarded. A bunch of special effects surrounding a thin story line. It was more rediculous than Transformers part 2. But did I hate on other peoples opinions that were saying its the best movie ever because it made $500 million *(or whatev it made)? No I didnt.
And even though those same people probably dont remember what was the greatest movie ever that they ever saw last summer that made multi millions do I hate? No.
And when dumb people say "but Avengers made more money than any other movie...blah blah" do I laugh at them. Yes I do. Of course it made more. They raise the ticket prices every [expletive]ing year so they make more money....duh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users