TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,539 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 05, 2011 - 04:43 AM

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-329428

Crazy...

The always fun world of minor league sports marketing took notice and the ECHL's Bakersfield Condors hopped on their mercury surfboards (another Sheen creation) for another instant classic promotion.

(You might remember the Condors from their glorious Michael Jackson-themed jerseys last season.)
On Saturday, March 12, in conjunction with their "St. Patrick's Jersey Off Our Backs Night," the Condors have declared it will be "Charlie Sheen Night."
No, it won't be anything like the Las Vegas Wranglers' "Over 18" promotion-times-a-billion. Some of the highlights:

• Free admission for anyone who brings a clean drug test, which could bring interesting results.

• Ditch the Condors hat and pop on a fedora or dress like any Sheen movie character and your ticket is just $2.50. (We'd go with Jake Kesey from "The Wraith," because we imagine there'll be one too many Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughns in attendance).

• If you're one of the first 1,000 males you get a Sheen face on a stick mask

• Bakersfield is also attempting a Guinness World Record of reaching one million Twitter followers in less than 25 hours and 17 minutes, the amount of time it took Sheen to hit one million when he joined the social media site this week. Should they break the record, they'll let Sheen rename the team.

The Condors also note that anyone bringing $2 million -- the amount Sheen was making per episode of "Two and a Half Men" -- can own the team.

Seriously...
If that does not make you want to go to a game, nothing will...

What is cheaper?
A charlie Sheen costume?
Or a drug test?

#2 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted March 05, 2011 - 06:41 AM

Wow, for a guy that studies marketing, this is a great example of BTL :laughing:
Great minds there on the Condors

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users