Photo

Glen Davis Will Miss A Week With Tendinitis

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,579 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted March 03, 2011 - 11:48 PM

Posted Image

WALTHAM, Mass. (AP) -- Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis has patellar tendinitis in his left knee and could be out a week.

The team said an MRI on Thursday showed no major structural damage after Davis hurt the knee going up for a dunk with 49 seconds left in Wednesday's victory over the Suns.

Davis predicted he will be out a week, and Celtics coach Doc Rivers echoed that assessment after practice Thursday.

"Nothing serious but he may be out for three, four or five days," Rivers said. "But it's nothing serious. He'll miss Friday (against Golden State). I think he'll miss a couple of games. But overall, that's pretty good."

Davis says the knee has been sore since he injured it in Game 7 of the NBA finals last year in Los Angeles.

"I've been playing with it all year," he said. "It's a sigh of relief, but you don't want to be hurt anyway. You don't want to sit out. You can't take that approach. It could be worse. I'm just glad I'm here (watching practice), getting healthy and getting ready to play."

Davis often has started at center in place of Shaquille O'Neal and Jermaine O'Neal, and entered last night having played all 59 games this season, tied for the team lead with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Allen was given the day off Thursday after he came to practice and told Rivers and trainer Ed Lacerte that he had "soreness" in his legs. He is expected to be ready for the Warriors on Friday.

Rivers said O'Neal ran "skeleton" sets during practice, but has not been cleared yet to take part in full-contact practice.

Delonte West (sprained right ankle) isn't ready to practice, but was shooting around. Rivers said West will "definitely" miss Friday's game, as well as the Sunday's contest at Milwaukee.

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/03/03/celtics-davis.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

#2 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,524 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:00 AM

Fat hurts knees
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:22 AM

damn ... tendinitis for an undersized big man of his age is not a good sign. if you think he had no lift now.. just wait

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:57 AM

Knee problems for big guys are bad enough, but for overweight big guys who do the majority of their work in the paint - they're deadly.

These things don't ever heal 100%. Whatever size the Celtics have just got smaller, again.

It's going to be a blast watching the Celtics act as if everything is alright in depending on Shaq to play 30 minutes a game.

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,293 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 04, 2011 - 03:14 AM

As past his prime as Shaq is...
He is still Shaq.

When he is on the court there really are not many players that can guard him.

Lakers fans cannot sit here and be 100% certain that The Lakers will be able to contain shaq.

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,849 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:42 PM

2011 Shaq is totally different than the Shaq people still have lodged in their heads.

Shaq can't play an effective 15 minutes without breaking down on either end.

He's an 8 - 10 minute back-up center at this point and considering him a major piece in any championship run at this point is off-point.

Player assessment breaks down all the time with people always associating a player at their most dominant instead of looking at them as they exist today. Shaq is nowhere near a concern for any Eastern or Western team.

#7 jse7en

jse7en

Off The Bench

• 1,541 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:magic, kobe

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:27 PM

Davis says the knee has been sore since he injured it in Game 7 of the NBA finals last year in Los Angeles.

"I've been playing with it all year," he said.

well that explains this! thank goodness :laughing:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users