• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#121 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 29, 2011 - 01:52 PM

was watching the entire Raw episode yesterday and it was hard to sit through it. Seriously you can't have Kane breaking character, you can't have announcers getting into the ring unless they know how to wrestle, just its so watered down right now. Back then the guys who were at the bottom of the ladder like D'Lo Brown, Goldust and Road Dogg had better mat skills and character than the face of the WWE right now.

Its really PG right now and the delivery inside the ring is really bad. Miz doesnt look like a wrestler he looks like a dweeb who belongs in the Crusier weight division

I like the concept of the "Nexus" its a faction like DX or The Nation but you need some of these A-level guys pairing up for some extreme rules match or a ladder match or a cage match because they REALLY REALLY SUCK at holding it on their own. Absolutely unbearable to watch Raw yesterday.

They at least need someone who's a technical wrestler and is a freak..Steve Blackman, Shamrock, Angle, Benoit...most of these guys started out with ZERO mic skills but their mat skills kept them around long enough and they were pushed into headlining matchups. Well Shamrock doesn't really belong in that list that dude was an MMA expert lol

Edited by MDI, March 29, 2011 - 01:55 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#122 pillzmayn

pillzmayn

Rookie

• 185 posts
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 29, 2011 - 02:03 PM

I don't see The Rock costing Cena the match at wrestlemania. If anything, I think he helps Cena win the title and then he kicks his [expletive] after the match :laughing:

How I see it is the people wants to see Rock vs Cena. The best thing to doo is now Cena FU'ed Rock so it's a given that Rock will do something to Cena. Probably cost him the title at WM. The feud will be bigger and they will build this up to summerslam for Rock vs Cena.

was watching the entire Raw episode yesterday and it was hard to sit through it. Seriously you can't have Kane breaking character, you can't have announcers getting into the ring unless they know how to wrestle, just its so watered down right now. Back then the guys who were at the bottom of the ladder like D'Lo Brown, Goldust and Road Dogg had better mat skills and character than the face of the WWE right now.

Its really PG right now and the delivery inside the ring is really bad. Miz doesnt look like a wrestler he looks like a dweeb who belongs in the Crusier weight division

I like the concept of the "Nexus" its a faction like DX or The Nation but you need some of these A-level guys pairing up for some extreme rules match or a ladder match or a cage match because they REALLY REALLY SUCK at holding it on their own. Absolutely unbearable to watch Raw yesterday.

They at least need someone who's a technical wrestler and is a freak..Steve Blackman, Shamrock, Angle, Benoit...most of these guys started out with ZERO mic skills but their mat skills kept them around long enough and they were pushed into headlining matchups. Well Shamrock doesn't really belong in that list that dude was an MMA expert lol

John Morrison is a good one but they don't give him a chance.

Edited by pillzmayn, March 29, 2011 - 02:05 PM.

16 Championships and counting!

#123 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 29, 2011 - 02:07 PM

I know everyone seemed to hate Goldberg and Brock, but those two guys were incredible. People can look back and realize how much of an impact they actually made, and how much better things would be if they were there today. The masked Kane was a beast. Even without the mask, he was a monster for a while...but that weird [expletive] he did last night, it was just dumb.

The last time I watched wrestling, religiously, was a little after WCW was purchased. I stopped watching around the time Goldberg and Lesnar had their last match (together, which sucked, but we know why). I saw bits and pieces of it when I was bored, saw Evolution and all of that, but it just became ignorant.

There are a few guys who have won championships that have absolutely no business touching the world title. Jeff Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger? That's insane, considering the fact that it's basically Ric Flair's championship belt. Triple H, Goldberg, Taker, HBK...they have had it in the WWF. How the hell did it go from those wrestling legends...to guys who shouldn't even be fighting for anything but a US or Intercontinental title (if they still had the IC title)? Just sad, in my opinion.

#124 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 04:09 PM

I know everyone seemed to hate Goldberg and Brock, but those two guys were incredible. People can look back and realize how much of an impact they actually made, and how much better things would be if they were there today. The masked Kane was a beast. Even without the mask, he was a monster for a while...but that weird [expletive] he did last night, it was just dumb.

The last time I watched wrestling, religiously, was a little after WCW was purchased. I stopped watching around the time Goldberg and Lesnar had their last match (together, which sucked, but we know why). I saw bits and pieces of it when I was bored, saw Evolution and all of that, but it just became ignorant.

There are a few guys who have won championships that have absolutely no business touching the world title. Jeff Hardy, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger? That's insane, considering the fact that it's basically Ric Flair's championship belt. Triple H, Goldberg, Taker, HBK...they have had it in the WWF. How the hell did it go from those wrestling legends...to guys who shouldn't even be fighting for anything but a US or Intercontinental title (if they still had the IC title)? Just sad, in my opinion.

THIS!

They're passing on the World Heavyweight Championship WAYYYYY Too easily to guys who're mid level who don't deserve it. I mean these guys are basically on Doink the Clown level talent right there.

They need to start working with groups and stables and maybe that can get it going because individually they're all weak. I mean look at how Batista and Orton worked out well when they were under Evolution...their careers took off like crazy after a couple of years with that group, they need to mentor young guys like that. Batista definitely was a primetime guy to watch for a couple of years right after he left evolution. Orton had some success being the youngest champion ever but didn't build on that success.

They still had like D Lo Brown, Shawn Stasiak, Sean O Haire in 2002 who were MAJOR primetime talent and had potential and they completely screwed it.

Yea after looking at it last night they should've definitely kept powerhouses like Brock and Goldberg...I posted a video the other day in the off topic section, dude's like a caged animal set free when you put him inside a ring.

Edited by MDI, March 29, 2011 - 04:16 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#125 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,092 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 29, 2011 - 04:17 PM

they just need to go back to the Attitude Era

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#126 pillzmayn

pillzmayn

Rookie

• 185 posts

Posted March 29, 2011 - 07:00 PM

they just need to go back to the Attitude Era

They'll have to change channel for that and change half of the roster because I don't see half of them fit in attitude era and Vince makes more money now than before.

#127 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 30, 2011 - 11:36 AM

Orton is best working heel, so is Edge. Heels are so weak right now. 2 biggest heels(in the company) don't even wrestle(Vickie and Cole who are great BTW).

This. WWE needs more heels right now, they need to write a story and give Edge and Jericho space to be creative and sure as heck they'd tear it down as heels. Orton is a great heel too. And one of the best heels of this era has been Mr. Kennedy, and i still don't get it why WWE has to let him go? He knows how to work the crowd.

Add the miz to the list man, not hating him because of plain ignorance, but he just flat out sucks. I almost puked when WWE made him the champion.

THIS!

They're passing on the World Heavyweight Championship WAYYYYY Too easily to guys who're mid level who don't deserve it. I mean these guys are basically on Doink the Clown level talent right there.

Totally man, in the attitude era, you have to follow and wait for at least 5 friggin months for the belt owner to change, now it's like a whore at a frat house. The belt has lost its luster and "integrity".

#128 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted March 30, 2011 - 11:59 AM

Add the miz to the list man, not hating him because of plain ignorance, but he just flat out sucks. I almost puked when WWE made him the champion.

I wasn't aware that he held the World Title, unless you figured I was talking about the WWE belt (not even sure why the hell they have two heavyweight championships in the first place).

#129 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted March 30, 2011 - 12:39 PM

I wasn't aware that he held the World Title, unless you figured I was talking about the WWE belt (not even sure why the hell they have two heavyweight championships in the first place).

Well i figured WWE belt and the heavyweight belt are basically the same. My bad, but still.. The point is those damn belts being handed to unworthy no-skill zombie wrestlers. For chrissakes, even a guy like Zigler won the damn belt. His character is basically the rip off infused version of the early days of Randy Orton/Edge

#130 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted March 30, 2011 - 02:20 PM

That Ziggler guy reminds me of Billy Gunn more than anyone else, but it's almost like Vince was looking for the next Mr. Perfect as far as charisma goes. Huge failure on his part. Ziggler could never, ever touch Curt Hennig.

#131 pillzmayn

pillzmayn

Rookie

• 185 posts

Posted March 30, 2011 - 05:17 PM

World heavyweight championship is the former WCW championship belt. They just kept both belt to have a championship belt in each brand RAW and Smackdown.

#132 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted March 30, 2011 - 05:44 PM

World heavyweight championship is the former WCW championship belt. They just kept both belt to have a championship belt in each brand RAW and Smackdown.

I knew that, which is why I said it was Ric Flair's belt (watched wrestling since the late 80s). I just think it's a dumb idea. Same with splitting up the roster and having two different shows.

The World Championship belt should be the main one. They need to burn the spinner belt, bring back the IC and Cruiserweight titles, and get back on track.

#133 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,092 posts

Posted March 30, 2011 - 06:31 PM

They'll have to change channel for that and change half of the roster because I don't see half of them fit in attitude era and Vince makes more money now than before.

Wrong.... On Raw when it was the Attitude Era it was still on USA like it is now

#134 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted March 30, 2011 - 07:00 PM

Word was that the WWE went PG because of some Mattel contract they signed (or re-signed) a while back.

#135 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 08:41 AM

I knew that, which is why I said it was Ric Flair's belt (watched wrestling since the late 80s). I just think it's a dumb idea. Same with splitting up the roster and having two different shows.

The World Championship belt should be the main one. They need to burn the spinner belt, bring back the IC and Cruiserweight titles, and get back on track.

Even though I think the roster split was a dumb idea as well, I understood why they did it. They wanted to limit traveling during the week, since they do house shows on the weekend.

#136 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,092 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 09:58 AM

Word was that the WWE went PG because of some Mattel contract they signed (or re-signed) a while back.

Whats Mattel

#137 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 10:42 AM

Whats Mattel

It's who manufactures their wrestling toys, so it's basically about the WWE needing to tone it down a bit, geared towards a younger audience.

Didn't seem to be a problem before, but I don't know the details.

#138 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

• 23,092 posts

Posted March 31, 2011 - 02:46 PM

It's who manufactures their wrestling toys, so it's basically about the WWE needing to tone it down a bit, geared towards a younger audience.

Didn't seem to be a problem before, but I don't know the details.

I thought they always had a contract with them tho

#139 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,509 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted March 31, 2011 - 10:04 PM

I didn't know that about Cole, wouldn't surprise me. But what did he say?

Cole is a great heel. I'd like to see him step away from announcing and start managing a few guys(think that'd be funny).

Another thing that would help raw would be to reveal this "anonymous GM". [expletive]s old.

I think the writing(and the PG aspect) have a lot to do with the quality of the shows in recent years. I think they have good young talent. It's just not being utilized. just my opinion.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#140 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted April 03, 2011 - 04:26 PM

WRESTLEMANIA TONIGHT!!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users