#81 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted April 02, 2011 - 03:28 PM

Boston can't even dream to play as good as we can play this year. They can fight 1 or 2 games head to head with us but there's no way they're beating us 4 times, they just don't have it this time. We're playing great, and our great > the Cryeltics great

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#82 Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan

Go Lakers!

• 6,333 posts
  • Name:JD
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Shaq

Posted April 02, 2011 - 08:06 PM

Boston fans are idiots. I was on this Boston forum and these idiots think their washed up frontcourt trio of JO, Shaq, and KG can hang with our 3 headed monster of Pau, Drew, and LO.
htCCl0m.png

#83 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

Lakers franchise > Celtics franchise

• 1,401 posts
  • Fan Since:1967
  • Fav. Laker:Wilt Chamberlain

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:11 PM

Bump, since zelsound is back, he has some accounting to do since he was here last, pre Perkins trade. The questions have been asked zelsound, we await your input.

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

Click for Video proof Lakers are the greatest NBA franchise
FaceBook: http://www.facebook....nCelticsBusters

#84 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,401 posts

Posted April 06, 2011 - 02:44 PM

I will answer this post from another thread here.

I dont know about "Cherry Picking" cause those are the numbers. Right? Having said that, stats are like stretchy jeans... you can make them fit almost anything. So, the "present" is all that matters and right now, I fully expect for it to be a rematch of Celtics v Lakers in th Finals. I do however believe the Lakers will be much more worn out come the finals having to go through the Mavs and Spurs to get there. Last year much more of a cake walk to get there. Even if somehow you have to go through OKC again a tougher out this year than last. For the record, Im picking the Celtics in the Finals with or without Shaq. But if Shaq is there then icing on the cake.

I say the Celtics have a much tougher road to make the finals (even tougher than last year) than the Lakers have this year, and your key pieces are all older. Read this thread and please address the points I made. Failure to do so qualifies you as a homer, and a blind one at that. No bullying intended, but this isn't last year, and it certainly isn't 2008!

Seasons the Celtics lost ECF when Lakers won the championship (7): 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1988, 2002
In NBA history, the Lakers have finished better than the Celtics by a margin of 41-25!

#85 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Name:black mamba
  • Fan Since:not really
  • Fav. Laker:past

Posted April 07, 2011 - 01:49 PM

I will answer this post from another thread here.

I say the Celtics have a much tougher road to make the finals (even tougher than last year) than the Lakers have this year, and your key pieces are all older. Read this thread and please address the points I made. Failure to do so qualifies you as a homer, and a blind one at that. No bullying intended, but this isn't last year, and it certainly isn't 2008!

Right on all accounts. We have the tougher road this year as we did last year. What plays in our favor (post perk trade) is we now have legitimate back up to Pierce and Ray. Something we havent ever really had. Im not sold on the Bulls, very limited scoring wise once you get past DRose and as ffar as Miami, I believe they would be a tougher out. Having said that, the 1obvious advantage is at the 3 with LeBron>PP but after the trade now I believe we have the advantage because now its PP AND Green at the 3 spot > LeBron. So, though I was upset about the trade, now that the bench is beginning to come to form, we are a better more complete team now, versus pre Perk.

#86 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 07, 2011 - 04:40 PM

Right on all accounts. We have the tougher road this year as we did last year. What plays in our favor (post perk trade) is we now have legitimate back up to Pierce and Ray. Something we havent ever really had. Im not sold on the Bulls, very limited scoring wise once you get past DRose and as ffar as Miami, I believe they would be a tougher out. Having said that, the 1obvious advantage is at the 3 with LeBron>PP but after the trade now I believe we have the advantage because now its PP AND Green at the 3 spot > LeBron. So, though I was upset about the trade, now that the bench is beginning to come to form, we are a better more complete team now, versus pre Perk.

More depth, sure. But I'm not sure about better suited for the palyoffs. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Laker fan. Green and Krstic just don't seem like guys that would be celtics. Not the same toughness and guys like west and wafer we haven't seen perform in the playoffs. Shaq needs to retire simple as that. However, am I still cautious about the celtics and pissed that the Lakers are in a bad stretch these last few games and allowing Boston to get closer to our record? Absolutely.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#87 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Name:black mamba
  • Fan Since:not really
  • Fav. Laker:past

Posted April 08, 2011 - 02:54 PM

More depth, sure. But I'm not sure about better suited for the palyoffs. I'm not just saying that because I'm a Laker fan. Green and Krstic just don't seem like guys that would be celtics. Not the same toughness and guys like west and wafer we haven't seen perform in the playoffs. Shaq needs to retire simple as that. However, am I still cautious about the celtics and pissed that the Lakers are in a bad stretch these last few games and allowing Boston to get closer to our record? Absolutely.

U aint gotta worry about that now.........

#88 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,923 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 08, 2011 - 03:05 PM

Boston isn't gonna get by Miami or Chicago and if they do they're gonna be ripe for another beating from the Lakers...they have no one on that team that can matchup with Kobe. He has been spectacular in 2 matchups vs the Celtics this year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#89 Lakers_55

Lakers_55

• 1,401 posts

Posted April 08, 2011 - 05:29 PM

LeBron >>>>Pierce and Green. LeBron will play heavy minutes if Pierce sits too long and simply abuse Green. Whoever Miami puts on the court when LeBron does sit will simply be a defensive stopper, you know the Miami offense goes to Wade and Bosh first when LeBron is benched. Before you get to the Bulls you can't escape a series with Miami. HCA for that matchup is still up for grabs. If Miami wins out, they get it. If either O'Neal gets hurt, Krstic comes in and he's soft. Wade and LeBron will dirve to the hoop and kill you. Free throws, and layups. Especially true in Miami. That's one of the reasons Lakers fans want HCA versus the Heat, they fear the whistles. That doesn't mean the whistles will happen, but it doesn't mean they won't either. There is also a little thing called the revenge factor which you didn't believe in last year. LeBron has seen 2 of his last three seasons ended by the Celtics, Wade his last one. Let's see what Sunday's game shows, if anything. Boston at this point is fortunate they played in Miami early, before the Heat clicked. Whoever has HCA is going to be the favorite. That doesn't mean they win, and it doesn't mean they lose. It's going to be a war, and the winner will not escape unscathed. Right now, i think Boston's season ends here, although I wouldn't mind playing them again and winning #17 against them.

Edited by Lakers_55, April 08, 2011 - 05:32 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users