• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:04 AM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Lakers did need that game but I wonder if they can play any better than that? We KNOW the Celtics can. Anyway, enjoy the victory, the league is back to normal.

Not making excuses for last night at all, in fact, im over last night. Im saying "the best has yet to come" and were still 2nd in the NBA 1st in the East and we have done this at 70% capacity!!!

The thread title says "Congrats on the win but...." anything after a but is an excuse and you were making excuses and you went on to state injuries

Edited by MDI, February 11, 2011 - 11:04 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#22 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:07 AM

+Thats the whole point. They arent supposed to play 40+ minutes. Look, once we get healthy those minutes will drop down to the low 30's/high 20's especially considering our schedule. There will be lots of blow outs where D-West, Big Baby, and a Oneal will get a bunch of minutes. The CELTICS didnt need that win as much as LA did "physcologically". I will be concerned when we have all our players playing and we are 5-5. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

You need Pierce and Allen playing 35+ minutes a night to win games. If you're gonna conserve them then you're gonna lose quite a bit of games and go down in the standings.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#23 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:09 AM

Well I'm still taking Boston in the East.

#24 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Name:black mamba
  • Fan Since:not really
  • Fav. Laker:past

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:18 AM

The thread title says "Congrats on the win but...." anything after a but is an excuse and you were making excuses and you went on to state injuries

NO, NO,NO Im not making excuses for last night. Last night is irrelevant to me. Im saying, that over the past 50 games we havent once put our full team on the floor and we STILL have the 2nd best record in the league. By the way, our schedule gets SUPER soft after sunday, so that means we have played most of the best teams in the league at least twice and we have the best record in the East. Smooth sailing after the ALL-Star break :D

#25 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:19 AM

You need Pierce and Allen playing 35+ minutes a night to win games. If you're gonna conserve them then you're gonna lose quite a bit of games and go down in the standings.

Not with upcoming schedule we dont....

#26 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:19 AM

NO, NO,NO Im not making excuses for last night. Last night is irrelevant to me. Im saying, that over the past 50 games we havent once put our full team on the floor and we STILL have the 2nd best record in the league. By the way, our schedule gets SUPER soft after sunday, so that means we have played most of the best teams in the league at least twice and we have the best record in the East. Smooth sailing after the ALL-Star break :D

I noticed you didn't come back for a long time after GAME 7. What happened? :whistle:
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#27 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:21 AM

Well I'm still taking Boston in the East.

Anyone who knows basketball and isnt being a homer would agree with you. Hey, even Kobe said Boston is the best team he has seen ALL YEAR.

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:22 AM

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA thats like saying the Lakers haven't put out Theo Ratliff and yet they have the second best record in the West LOL. Look you're playing with your best players right now and you guys lost to the Lakers. Deal with it. Shaq is not gonna give you more than 12-15 mins a night. For every player he puts in foul trouble (supposedly his value to the team) he commits twice as many dumbo mistakes.

Edited by MDI, February 11, 2011 - 11:22 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:22 AM

I noticed you didn't come back for a long time after GAME 7. What happened? :whistle:

Here we go.... LOL. I did comeback and left messeges for members here. I gave congrats to them, and told them I would see them next year.

#30 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:27 AM

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA thats like saying the Lakers haven't put out Theo Ratliff and yet they have the second best record in the West LOL. Look you're playing with your best players right now and you guys lost to the Lakers. Deal with it. Shaq is not gonna give you more than 12-15 mins a night. For every player he puts in foul trouble (supposedly his value to the team) he commits twice as many dumbo mistakes.

ha Ha Ha. (theo ratliff). No, Shaq only played a few minutes against you guys in LA and he got 6 boards. Plus, him being on the court gives us size that helps people like KG on the boards. So nevermind the rebounds he got, he caused OTHERS on our team to get boards as welll. Kobe got a chance to rest from the 3rd to most of the 4th. Come on man, dont tell me the 'reserves dont matter'

#31 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,354 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:33 AM

Can the Celtics play better? Yes. But can the Lakers? You bet.

Our defense was phenomenal in the second half. So yes, the Celtics can play better but our defense was the reason you didn't play very well in the second half. No doubt about it.

See you in the finals

#32 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:36 AM

Can the Celtics play better? Yes. But can the Lakers? You bet.

Our defense was phenomenal in the second half. So yes, the Celtics can play better but our defense was the reason you didn't play very well in the second half. No doubt about it.

See you in the finals

BOOK IT, my friend!

#33 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 12:35 PM

Not much of an excuse guy so I wont go into anything that I thought cost us the game. At the end of the day, the Lakers made more plays so they deserved to win. No big deal. We will win the East period. Our schedule is super soft after sunday and we will start getting guys healthy and it'll be on. So, like I said Congrats. You guys out played us last night BUT, The CELTICS will host Banner 18 this year..............................BOOK IT

Posted Image

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#34 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image

Jokes...

#35 finalsrebound

finalsrebound

Rookie

• 297 posts
  • Name:TRAVIS
  • Fan Since:88
  • Fav. Laker:ODOM

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:00 PM

its was an okay kinda game all around...
gasol needs to post up more...he's a 7 footer shooting jump shots c'mon

bynum did a great job down low but gasol needs to put the pressure on them, penetrate and pass out..

it work to our advantage one on one w/kobe was killing them, and when they double team he pass out but im happy :glasses:

Posted Image

#36 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:07 PM

TLN can be so annoying. We win finally and people are still [expletive]ing? God if we go 7-0 on this road trip some of you will cry about everything.

Can we all just be happy for once? ;)

Edited by GP1_KB24, February 11, 2011 - 03:07 PM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#37 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,320 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:18 PM

:offtopic:
Perkins is a lil biyatch.
:yahoo:

#38 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:25 PM

hold on a second, so zelsound is a celtics fan? wtf???
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#39 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:36 PM

As a great philosopher once asked

Whats this WE S :censored: T??

Edited by Lords of the Rings, February 11, 2011 - 03:36 PM.

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

#40 Lords of the Rings

Lords of the Rings

Get Cho Basketball On

• 3,761 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 11, 2011 - 03:40 PM

From the bottom of my heart I can truly say..........................

F :censored: K BOSTON

AND THEIR TIRED NEVER ENDING
WEAK A :censored: S EXCUSES

Edited by Lords of the Rings, February 11, 2011 - 03:41 PM.

The Jerseys Hanging from the Rafters represent LAKER GREATS who are also NBA GREATS

LAKERS NO FAKERS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users