#1 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts
  • Name:black mamba
  • Fan Since:not really
  • Fav. Laker:past

Posted February 11, 2011 - 08:49 AM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Lakers did need that game but I wonder if they can play any better than that? We KNOW the Celtics can. Anyway, enjoy the victory, the league is back to normal.

#2 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2011 - 08:51 AM

It was a nice comeback that surprised me., especially on how long Kobe sat in the 4th too.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#3 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 09:20 AM

Excuses excuses. Lakers kicked their green candy asses!

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted February 11, 2011 - 09:35 AM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Lakers did need that game but I wonder if they can play any better than that? We KNOW the Celtics can. Anyway, enjoy the victory, the league is back to normal.

Well i do know the Celtics can play better ball than that.. But the Lakers have yet to play their capabilities. Still, we just shut you guys down in the 2nd half. :laughing:

#5 Bizdady

Bizdady

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Bynum

Posted February 11, 2011 - 09:37 AM

People will never be happy. Boston had a 15 point lead and we found a way to get back in it and pull away with the victory. 3-0 start to the trip huge plus as well. We dont play for regular season showboating, we play for Rings!
Also, remember this when the TNT guys tell you that Andrew Bynum is "injury prone" -- it's because Kobe Bryant fell on his leg. He's injury prone because someone fell on his leg. Put that in your pipe when one of them says something along the lines of "I just don't know if they can rely on him." Can they rely on Kobe to not fall down and tumble into his leg, again?

#6 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 11, 2011 - 09:38 AM

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Lakers did need that game but I wonder if they can play any better than that?

You know, you're right. That is THE BEST game the Lakers have ever played. :rolleyes:

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#7 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 09:46 AM

By the way from the looks of things, its a long shot that the Celtics make the Finals. Good luck guarding Ray Allen or Lebron without a defensive player like Daniels, Tony Allen or Posey. You saw how Ray Allen got into foul trouble last night and that pretty much gave all the momentum Lakers needed and rode it all the way? thats whats going to happen. Rondo's J looks like crap as usual, teams are just going to back off him.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#8 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:10 AM

Excuses excuses. Lakers kicked their green candy asses!

As an intelligent fan, I know you dont believe that MDI

#9 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:14 AM

As an intelligent fan, I know you dont believe that MDI

Look whenever the Lakers/Celtics meet its like the NBA Finals atmosphere each time. Each team brings their best...Boston brought their best last night and they lost. Too bad.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#10 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:16 AM

Well i do know the Celtics can play better ball than that.. But the Lakers have yet to play their capabilities. Still, we just shut you guys down in the 2nd half. :laughing:

Not much of an excuse guy so I wont go into anything that I thought cost us the game. At the end of the day, the Lakers made more plays so they deserved to win. No big deal. We will win the East period. Our schedule is super soft after sunday and we will start getting guys healthy and it'll be on. So, like I said Congrats. You guys out played us last night BUT, The CELTICS will host Banner 18 this year..............................BOOK IT

#11 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:19 AM

Look whenever the Lakers/Celtics meet its like the NBA Finals atmosphere each time. Each team brings their best...Boston brought their best last night and they lost. Too bad.

your right, we did bring our best............. or at least what we had available. No one has seen Boston at full strength this season and were still tied for first in the East. But its coming, Whoa..... it's coming. :shifty:

#12 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:23 AM

your right, we did bring our best............. or at least what we had available. No one has seen Boston at full strength this season and were still tied for first in the East. But its coming, Whoa..... it's coming. :shifty:

You guys knew coming into the season the O'Neals aren't going to be healthy. And :laughing: at the pathetic injury excuse haha, Lakers are better than the Celtics.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#13 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:26 AM

Except they took the last game and made us look like punks. They played better last night then we did a few weeks back. I guess we brought our best last time and boy do we suck if that was our statement to the NBA. Last night was a fluke.

Season and playoffs are two different things. Celtics are second in the league right now, and not because they played like they did last night. They were too busy celebrating Allen's record-breaking shot that they forgot they still had a game to play. Lakers played well enough, and the Celtics can definitely play much better. Boston will get to the Finals with HCA.

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:35 AM

Except they took the last game and made us look like punks. They played better last night then we did a few weeks back. I guess we brought our best last time and boy do we suck if that was our statement to the NBA. Last night was a fluke.

Season and playoffs are two different things. Celtics are second in the league right now, and not because they played like they did last night. They were too busy celebrating Allen's record-breaking shot that they forgot they still had a game to play. Lakers played well enough, and the Celtics can definitely play much better. Boston will get to the Finals with HCA.

Playoffs or regular season it looks like Rondo still has a broke jumpshot, its not going to change anytime soon. Look for teams to back off him and dare him to make those long J's. Boston aint getting back to the Finals, their perimeter defense is beatable. At least they had Posey or Tony Allen to spell them some relief in that area in years past. Daniels can replicate some of that but he's injured

Edited by MDI, February 11, 2011 - 10:38 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:35 AM

You guys knew coming into the season the O'Neals aren't going to be healthy. And :laughing: at the pathetic injury excuse haha, Lakers are better than the Celtics.

Not making excuses for last night at all, in fact, im over last night. Im saying "the best has yet to come" and were still 2nd in the NBA 1st in the East and we have done this at 70% capacity!!!

#16 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:38 AM

By the way from the looks of things, its a long shot that the Celtics make the Finals. Good luck guarding Ray Allen or Lebron without a defensive player like Daniels, Tony Allen or Posey. You saw how Ray Allen got into foul trouble last night and that pretty much gave all the momentum Lakers needed and rode it all the way? thats whats going to happen. Rondo's J looks like crap as usual, teams are just going to back off him.

Don't agree with this the Celtics team D always gives Wade and Lebron problems forcing them to take mostly jump shots and their extremely streaky shooters, not to mention Rondo dominates every team but us so him playing terrible against us is no indication of he'll do in the East. They'll prob be healthy with a team come playoff time and ready last nights game was no indication of the Celtics chances of repeating as the Eastern conference champs.

#17 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:50 AM

Don't agree with this the Celtics team D always gives Wade and Lebron problems forcing them to take mostly jump shots and their extremely streaky shooters, not to mention Rondo dominates every team but us so him playing terrible against us is no indication of he'll do in the East. They'll prob be healthy with a team come playoff time and ready last nights game was no indication of the Celtics chances of repeating as the Eastern conference champs.

they do play good team D, but its extremely taxing, there's no way PeePee and Ray Ray can be effective playing 40+ minutes a night on both ends of the court every game. They're gonna get worn down. They're 5-5 in the last 10 games by the way, teams are picking their perimeter defense apart

Edited by MDI, February 11, 2011 - 10:51 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#18 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 11, 2011 - 10:56 AM

they do play good team D, but its extremely taxing, there's no way PeePee and Ray Ray can be effective playing 40+ minutes a night on both ends of the court. They're gonna get worn down. They're 5-5 in the last 10 games by the way, teams are picking their perimeter defense apart

When their healthy which I think they will be come playoffs nobody can beat them in a 7 game series but us. Daniels will prob be back by then, I'm sure Wafer will step up, they'll have a healthy Shaq idc if he's old he'll still have an impact in limited minutes. Their 5-5 in their last 10 games because their injured right now and it's Jan their a vet team their not gonna go all out. Everybody doubted the C's last year(me not being one of them) so I'm not counting them out unless their injured in the playoffs or their about to get eliminated.

#19 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:00 AM

When their healthy which I think they will be come playoffs nobody can beat them in a 7 game series but us. Daniels will prob be back by then, I'm sure Wafer will step up, they'll have a healthy Shaq idc if he's old he'll still have an impact in limited minutes. Their 5-5 in their last 10 games because their injured right now and it's Jan their a vet team their not gonna go all out. Everybody doubted the C's last year(me not being one of them) so I'm not counting them out unless their injured in the playoffs or their about to get eliminated.

Trust me i was on the same boat last year and was just as shocked to see them in the Finals. But their key parts were out injured at the same time last year. They got Davis missing games, then Pierce was gone. Defense does win championships and if Paul and Ray are gonna be playing 40+ minutes a game trying to defend Lebron and Wade? Good luck with that. If they had Tony Allen i would be more confident...he's a hard nosed defender, very intense. Same goes for Daniels, we don't even know if he'll be back this season and even if he is they're saying it will be quite a while before he gets to 100%. Pierce and Allen are in their mid 30s and after us they've played the most games in the NBA the last 3 years, the wear and tear is going to catch up to them unless they can get some help through the trading deadling for some perimeter D i dont think they're gonna make a deep ruin the playoffs. Wafer isn't gonna cut it. They've always used that extra defender as a way to protect Allen and Pierce. Those two guys are exposed now

Edited by MDI, February 11, 2011 - 11:03 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#20 zelsound

zelsound

Rookie

• 393 posts

Posted February 11, 2011 - 11:03 AM

they do play good team D, but its extremely taxing, there's no way PeePee and Ray Ray can be effective playing 40+ minutes a night on both ends of the court every game. They're gonna get worn down. They're 5-5 in the last 10 games by the way, teams are picking their perimeter defense apart

+Thats the whole point. They arent supposed to play 40+ minutes. Look, once we get healthy those minutes will drop down to the low 30's/high 20's especially considering our schedule. There will be lots of blow outs where D-West, Big Baby, and a Oneal will get a bunch of minutes. The CELTICS didnt need that win as much as LA did "physcologically". I will be concerned when we have all our players playing and we are 5-5. But I seriously doubt that will happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users