Photo

The NBA was thrilled to have the Lakers back in the Finals but it will be one and done for them.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted October 04, 2008 - 05:10 PM

According to an NBA scout Lakers are one and done and check what else they said the scout analysis is on the bottom of the page
Article

The NBA was thrilled to have the Lakers back in the Finals but it will be one and done for them.
Kobe is still one of the best to ever had played this game but he lacks what made MJ best and that is he doesn't make the guys around him better.

Yes, Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum are nice players but not quite on the level of Scottie to Michael or McHale to Bird, or Shaq to D Wade.
Radmanovic is too up and down and is actually a liability when his shot is not on.
The rest of the team is average at best but in the Pacific that is going to be plenty to get them to the playoffs and probably home court for the first couple rounds.
They are an average defensive unit and not up to Phil Jackson's previous standards.
Offensively, as long as they have Kobe, they will always be able to score but I don't think it will be enough to get them back to the Finals.
-- NBA Scout

boy this scout has gotten me real pissed off :rant:

Edited by magicbalala245, October 04, 2008 - 05:11 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted October 04, 2008 - 05:13 PM

I love when people doubt us.

Because we usually always exceed expectations.

But when they hop on the bandwagon
[EX: Espn analysts against Boston]
We just crumble.

So let them doubt.

#3 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,868 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2008 - 05:19 PM

this is a blessing in disguise

it adds fuel to our fire but more importantly if our young guys get too much props, they'll get complacent. None of them are like Kobe where they can continue to keep playing it a high level. A little criticism doesn't hurt.

Edited by MDI, October 04, 2008 - 05:24 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#4 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted October 04, 2008 - 05:33 PM

I bet it was those celtic bastards

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#5 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted October 04, 2008 - 06:07 PM

just some douche getting paid to sit behind a computer and write something different then all of the other 324546543 douches getting paid to sit behind a computer and write stuff.

i can't believe you people buy into this stuff so much.

#6 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 04, 2008 - 06:25 PM

This guy is an idiot.

Posted Image

#7 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted October 04, 2008 - 06:55 PM

The media always says [expletive] like that, especially to good teams.

The media will keep hating, we the fans know who's going to be a great team.

Please do not bypass the profanity filter --Jonny

Posted Image

Made By Vaporize

#8 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 04, 2008 - 07:22 PM

How is Kobe going to make his teammates better? :beers:
I think it's up to the players themselves to become better, not Kobe somehow make them better. (like seriously how is that even possible)

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#9 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 04, 2008 - 07:23 PM

Yawnz...how many years have they hated? Duhz.

#10 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 436 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 04, 2008 - 07:37 PM

We'll prove these guys wrong again in this season. :beers:

#11 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 04, 2008 - 08:47 PM

What's funny is the same stuff was being said about MJ in the late '80's about how he was heavily doubted and criticized for "not making his teammates better". Right around the time he went down for that long injury the media was saying that Jordan wasn't a leader, and couldn't lead that Bulls team to the championship.

Only when Jordan wins the first title with Pippen at his side against the Lakers does the media do a 180 and say "Well, ummm....Jordan learned how to make his teammates better and now he's the GOAT."

Same stuff that's being said about Kobe right now. This might as well be the late '80's because history is repeating itself when it comes to these critics and their "scouting reports" and predictions of how this Laker team will do.

No need to take this stuff seriously, the Lakers have as strong a chance as any other elite team in the Western Conference to make the Finals this year.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#12 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted October 04, 2008 - 08:48 PM

It's his opinion. Wow, you hate him because of that? Grow up. He's just wrong because he's vastly underrating how good Bynum will be, just like how many Laker fans (who hate this guy for his opinion) did when they yelled like parrots "Ship his arse out!"
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#13 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 04, 2008 - 08:53 PM

It's his opinion. Wow, you hate him because of that? Grow up. He's just wrong because he's vastly underrating how good Bynum will be, just like how many Laker fans (who hate this guy for his opinion) did when they yelled like parrots "Ship his arse out!"

I never said I hated this guy in my post. It's his opinion, and yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but not everyone is correct in their opinion.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#14 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted October 05, 2008 - 12:01 AM

Heir'z Corner: If They Only Had a Brain

Posted Image

http://www.nba.com/p...ew2008/lal.html

Kobe is still one of the best to ever had played this game but he lacks what made MJ best and that is he doesn't make the guys around him better.

Is this "scout" so old or drunk (or both) that he doesn't know what year it is? When was the last time we heard that line? I thought the American society was over the whole "Kobe Bryant is a ballhog" theory. Saying a guy can win league MVP without making his teammates better is like saying Shaq can run more than 10 laps....without chasing an ice cream truck.

Last season Kobe shared the ball more than he ever has and actually became one of the guys. It was easy to tell during the playoffs that he was finally playing with the mindset of "how many points I score isn't important." The stats don't completely back it up, but that only shows you how much of a difference it makes to have a real team behind you. He took 2 less shots a game in an offense with a quicker tempo.

In 2007 we averaged 103.3 ppg.

Last season it went up over 5 points at 108.6.

If we're playing a faster tempo then obviously that means we're getting more opportunities to shoot the ball, right? Of course.

6 out of 7 players who were on the team in 2007 and were still there last season (not including Kobe) shot MORE according to the stats on ESPN.com. Luke being the only one since he went from a starter to a limited role player off the bench. While everyone else's averages went up, Kobe's actually decreased.

Old, drunk, or both, this scout is an idiot.

The rest of the team is average at best.

Since when does being "average" mean that you can't work together as a unit to win? I mean he included Jordan and Pippen on the list of dynamic duos, but the talent outside of those two were fairly average as well during the first 3-peat. It's not about how much talent you have, it's about every player knowing their role and getting it done for the betterment of the group. The Pistons didn't have a player who could score 20 every night in 2004.

In the playoffs we shut down Denver's offense, overcame Utah's toughness, and knocked the reigning champions off their throne. This year Bynum, Ariza, and Yue are being added to the mix.

So if we upgraded a team that made it to the Finals, why is it that we're suddenly not good enough to make it again?

Judging from how high this "scouts" intelligence is, the team he works for has probably been in the lottery for the past 10 years so they just hire anyone who asks for a job. We don't need a janitor's opinion to motivate us for the new year.

Posted Image

Basketball Reasons...

#15 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted October 05, 2008 - 12:03 AM

I never said I hated this guy in my post. It's his opinion, and yes, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but not everyone is correct in their opinion.

If you're not guilty then no need to respond. People calling him a 'douche' and getting 'angry' over somebody who says your favorite team won't win. Big deal. I know this is just basketball, but in general people need to learn that not everybody is going to agree with you. It doesn't make somebody a 'douche' just because they aren't your identical twin.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#16 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted October 05, 2008 - 12:19 AM

I bet it was those celtic bastards

:lol:
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#17 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted October 05, 2008 - 04:27 AM

If you're not guilty then no need to respond. People calling him a 'douche' and getting 'angry' over somebody who says your favorite team won't win. Big deal. I know this is just basketball, but in general people need to learn that not everybody is going to agree with you. It doesn't make somebody a 'douche' just because they aren't your identical twin.

Yeah, well... he's still a douche. :clap:

zombies.jpg

#18 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,426 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 05, 2008 - 05:27 AM

YAHHHH TRICK YAHHHHH!!!!!
Posted Image

#19 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,690 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 05, 2008 - 06:58 AM

We´ll find out soon.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#20 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 05, 2008 - 07:44 AM

Great read Heir!

Face it fellow TLN members, Kobe will always be hated. No other player has garnered as much hate in league history I believe(correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going for at best results), and with that amount of hate, it translates to the other side where there is as much love for him by us.

Love the hate. Love the love. Ok that sounds weird. Whatever. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users