#61 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 03, 2011 - 07:14 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Draztik Rhymez, March 05, 2011 - 04:37 PM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#62 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:10 AM

Ordered my phone today! Getting it in a week hopefully

#63 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 04, 2011 - 04:06 AM

:stu2:

Anyone get the FPSE app? Which is a PS1 emulator, it runs perfectly with pretty much all the big name games. Got MGS and Final Fantasy 7 on it, so much fun. Also a N64 emulator was just released, not sure how well it plays though.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#64 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 09:59 AM

That's what's up.

21lsbya.jpg

#65 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:00 AM

:stu2:

Anyone get the FPSE app? Which is a PS1 emulator, it runs perfectly with pretty much all the big name games. Got MGS and Final Fantasy 7 on it, so much fun. Also a N64 emulator was just released, not sure how well it plays though.

I'll have to peep it. I used to use emulators on my palm pre.

Anyone play word fued? It's addicting

21lsbya.jpg

#66 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:47 AM

Just rooted my droid 2 with z4root & i'm still figuring it out. Handcent SMS is pretty cool. Like how you can talk to text.
Is the superuser icon suppose to stay grey/black?
And can someone tell me how you change the home screens?

veqdeg.jpg

#67 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 11:07 AM

Just rooted my droid 2 with z4root & i'm still figuring it out. Handcent SMS is pretty cool. Like how you can talk to text.
Is the superuser icon suppose to stay grey/black?
And can someone tell me how you change the home screens?

Yea I think it stays that color. What about the home screen are you trying to change

21lsbya.jpg

#68 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:37 PM

The icons & how your notification bar is black. I got this GO Launcher out of the market & i'm messing with that.
Also, have you used the CPUBoost app? I'm trying to speed my phone up & i'm not sure where it should be set at.

veqdeg.jpg

#69 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 12:44 PM

The icons & how your notification bar is black. I got this GO Launcher out of the market & i'm messing with that.
Also, have you used the CPUBoost app? I'm trying to speed my phone up & i'm not sure where it should be set at.

Oh I got a theme on top of a custom Rom. I use launcher pro though to customize a lot. I use setcpu and have my phone overclocked with screen on and way underclocked when screen off to save battery.

21lsbya.jpg

#70 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 01:17 PM

I haven't messed with no Rom's yet, don't know about them.
What other cool stuff can you do on a rooted phone?

veqdeg.jpg

#71 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 03:30 PM

I haven't messed with no Rom's yet, don't know about them.
What other cool stuff can you do on a rooted phone?

Get titanium backup. It's great for backing up apps n data. Also now u can download free tether apps. I mainly did it for over clocking and custom roms but you can customize like crazy.

21lsbya.jpg

#72 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,382 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:13 PM

Ok I got it to tether. What's the best way to get it to overclock? I don't think CPUBoost is doing much. Unless I don't have it set right.
Here's my new screen, its a live wallpaper.
Posted Image

veqdeg.jpg

#73 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 04, 2011 - 10:35 PM

Ok I got it to tether. What's the best way to get it to overclock? I don't think CPUBoost is doing much. Unless I don't have it set right.
Here's my new screen, its a live wallpaper.
Posted Image

U need a overclocked kernel they setcpu can set it to what u want

21lsbya.jpg

#74 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:10 PM

Its a sick phone huh? Well, I'm guessing you went to the Wireless & networks setting but did you by accident check the airplane mode or uncheck the wi-fi box. don't know what would be your problem.

Remember when I told you the iPhone and iOS was overrated? :laughing:

My phone only works with WPA and it won't work with WEP. I had to change the security on the network to WPA.

Edited by King Kobra, March 05, 2011 - 02:10 PM.

#75 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 02:22 PM

Remember when I told you the iPhone and iOS was overrated? :laughing:

My phone only works with WPA and it won't work with WEP. I had to change the security on the network to WPA.

That's weird i've had no issue with WEP on my EVO Shift

21lsbya.jpg

#76 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 03:32 PM

That's weird i've had no issue with WEP on my EVO Shift

The phone was always searching for the IP address after I put the key.

I'm going to need help rooting my phone.

#77 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2011 - 04:29 PM

still lovin the droid incredible...still haven't really found a need to root it, don't mind paying the pocket change for apps so they update automatically...still waiting for someone to give me a real reason to root

bored, so here are my fav apps so far on my droid incredible:

power amp - awesome music player, first music player i've seen on any phone/mp3 player that more or less does everything i want it to do...

smart app protector - allows you to lock yours apps w/ either a password, or a pattern...this way i just lock individual apps (messages, e-mail, voicemail, pictures) and don't have to lock the phone, so people can use it, and i don't have to enter a pattern everytime i want to use my phone, just when i want to use a specific app...

go sms - basically the same thing as handcent, text messaging program, i had a reason for choosing this one over that one, but now i forget

NESoid, SNESoid, and Gensoid - emulators for nes, snes, and sega genesis...i took, the 1000+ roms i have on my computer for these 3 systems, put them on my SD card, and am now instantly able to enjoy any of them whenever...

more icons widget - normally you can fit 16 apps on a homescreen, at least on my droid incredible, but w/ this app, you can fit 15 app icons in a space meant for 4, giving you the potential to put 60 apps on one homescreen. they maintain their detail, and maintain their performance as well...my far right home screen has 49 apps on it...haha

alarm clock plus - first one i tried, but can't imagine an alarm clock app being better than this one...every option i could think of that i want on an alarm clock, i found here...

adao file manager - great file manager, liked it better than astra which most people seem to use.

dolphin browser HD - lots of good browsers in the android market, just happened to get use to this one,

extended controls - again, ton of apps that do the same thing, but just grabbed this one. use it for quick access to fuctions of your phone...for example, on my main home screen, i have an audio button that cycles between silent, vibrate, and normal, and a lock button that locks my phone on my main home screen.

desktop visualizer - lets you change icons for apps, including what they're called...

Posted Image

#78 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 04:34 PM

still lovin the droid incredible...still haven't really found a need to root it, don't mind paying the pocket change for apps so they update automatically...still waiting for someone to give me a real reason to root

bored, so here are my fav apps so far on my droid incredible:

power amp - awesome music player, first music player i've seen on any phone/mp3 player that more or less does everything i want it to do...

smart app protector - allows you to lock yours apps w/ either a password, or a pattern...this way i just lock individual apps (messages, e-mail, voicemail, pictures) and don't have to lock the phone, so people can use it, and i don't have to enter a pattern everytime i want to use my phone, just when i want to use a specific app...

go sms - basically the same thing as handcent, text messaging program, i had a reason for choosing this one over that one, but now i forget

NESoid, SNESoid, and Gensoid - emulators for nes, snes, and sega genesis...i took, the 1000+ roms i have on my computer for these 3 systems, put them on my SD card, and am now instantly able to enjoy any of them whenever...

more icons widget - normally you can fit 16 apps on a homescreen, at least on my droid incredible, but w/ this app, you can fit 15 app icons in a space meant for 4, giving you the potential to put 60 apps on one homescreen. they maintain their detail, and maintain their performance as well...my far right home screen has 49 apps on it...haha

alarm clock plus - first one i tried, but can't imagine an alarm clock app being better than this one...every option i could think of that i want on an alarm clock, i found here...

adao file manager - great file manager, liked it better than astra which most people seem to use.

dolphin browser HD - lots of good browsers in the android market, just happened to get use to this one,

extended controls - again, ton of apps that do the same thing, but just grabbed this one. use it for quick access to fuctions of your phone...for example, on my main home screen, i have an audio button that cycles between silent, vibrate, and normal, and a lock button that locks my phone on my main home screen.

desktop visualizer - lets you change icons for apps, including what they're called...

What do u mean so they update? All my apps are paid for n update too. Yes you can install pirated apps that won't update but you don't have to root to do that. You could install pirated apps without root. I'm guessing that's what you ment but i could be wrong lol.

21lsbya.jpg

#79 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,577 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2011 - 05:17 PM

don't know much about rooting and haven't really cared to look into it, was told that one of the benefits is being able to install hacked programs, but they won't update...didn't know you could do that anyway

i was just saying i dont' mind paying the little amount of money it costs to buy them legitimately so they'll update automatically...

Posted Image

#80 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,187 posts

Posted March 05, 2011 - 05:48 PM

don't know much about rooting and haven't really cared to look into it, was told that one of the benefits is being able to install hacked programs, but they won't update...didn't know you could do that anyway

i was just saying i dont' mind paying the little amount of money it costs to buy them legitimately so they'll update automatically...

Yea I feel the same way. If a app does what u need support the developer they r rarely more than 3 McChickens lol. But yea u can install hacked apps on non-rooted phones too. I mainly root to underclock when screen is off, my batter lasts forever doing that. N to theme my phone

21lsbya.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users