336 replies to this topic

#41 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 21, 2011 - 12:12 PM

On the iPhone it'll just take a picture of it for you.

Lol u came in here just to say that? My Palm Pre with webOS just does it too...

thanx...haven't even rooted my incredible yet, or really looked into it at all

what are the main benefits other than being able to workm with some of the files on the phone that you otherwise can't, and being able to install paid apps for free?

can i uninstall skype, and slacker radio when rooted?

U can technically install paid apps for free without root but it sucks. Most apps are cheap & if you do install pirated ones u will have to always go n find it again to update it when the developer has a update.

Yea u can uninstall pretty much anything, Overclock your phone, Customize how everything looks, tether for free, lots of stuff

Edited by Draztik Rhymez, February 21, 2011 - 12:14 PM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#42 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,513 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 21, 2011 - 12:57 PM

Waiting for this to arrive. I got it for free, after rebate of course. All this talk about rooting sounds interesting. I've had a G1, & a Clic but never tried it.
Wanted the Thunderbolt but didn't want to pay $250+.

Posted Image

2hf753r.jpg

#43 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 26, 2011 - 11:53 PM

I gotta say, having my first smartphone with the iPhone, and now switching to Android, that I can never ever go back to Apple. I guess the only thing the iPhone has over an Android phone is name recognition and easy of use.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#44 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts

Posted February 27, 2011 - 02:14 PM

I gotta say, having my first smartphone with the iPhone, and now switching to Android, that I can never ever go back to Apple. I guess the only thing the iPhone has over an Android phone is name recognition and easy of use.

webOS is still my #1 choice but Android isn't too far for me. My cousin has had all the iPhone's even though he always ends up complaining & saying my phone is better LMAO (sheep)

21lsbya.jpg

#45 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 04:12 AM

I hope to be a part of this soon!!!

#46 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,713 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2011 - 07:10 AM

^which phone are you looking at?

Posted Image

#47 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 10:39 AM

This is going to be my new phone...

http://www.engadget....per-amoled-plu/

#48 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 11:05 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/13/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-official-tegra-2-4-3-inch-super-amoled-plu/

Galaxy S phones have the nicest displays ever period! My girlfriend's mom & sister got the original Galaxy phone & that Super AMOLED display is too illie! I was going to get Sprints version the Samsung Epic but then i read a lot of reviews & how Samsung takes forever to release updates. They had promised Android 2.2 (Froyo) to the original line up of Galaxy S phones since September of last year. Then it finally came out for the Epic this month & had lots of issues, some people said the update bricked their phones. Can you imagine a official update from the phone manufacturer bricking your phone?!?!

I got the HTC Evo Shift because it's 4G, has a slide out keyboard & HTC is great with updates.

21lsbya.jpg

#49 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,513 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 28, 2011 - 02:28 PM

My girl had a droid eris & the update really screwed up her phone. The browser was out of wack & when we'd use the gps, it would say we were deep in Mexico & not central Texas.

2hf753r.jpg

#50 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2011 - 03:01 PM

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/13/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-official-tegra-2-4-3-inch-super-amoled-plu/

Galaxy s is a great phone. It feels like new android phones come out everyday

Posted ImagePosted Image
Anyone interested in Android 3,0 early, should also be interested in the new Motorola Xoom, came out a few days ago and it costs $600 for wi-fi. 32gb space, 1gb ram, 10.1 inch screen, 5mp 720p camera w/ 2mp camera in front, nvidia tegra 2 1 GHz processor. More specs here

Edited by Instigator, February 28, 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#51 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 03:19 PM

Galaxy s is a great phone. It feels like new android phones come out everyday

Posted ImagePosted Image
Anyone interested in Android 3,0 early, should also be interested in the new Motorola Xoom, came out a few days ago and it costs $600 for wi-fi. 32gb space, 1gb ram, 10.1 inch screen, 5mp 720p camera w/ 2mp camera in front, nvidia tegra 2 1 GHz processor. More specs here

too much $ for me for the xoom. I'm waiting on the HP Touchpad to see how much that is gonna be.

21lsbya.jpg

#52 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 07:49 PM

^which phone are you looking at?

DROID X. It's 1 cent on amazon wireless with contract right now

Switching from ATT to Verizon soon. ATT blows.

#53 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted February 28, 2011 - 10:54 PM

Galaxy S phones have the nicest displays ever period! My girlfriend's mom & sister got the original Galaxy phone & that Super AMOLED display is too illie! I was going to get Sprints version the Samsung Epic but then i read a lot of reviews & how Samsung takes forever to release updates. They had promised Android 2.2 (Froyo) to the original line up of Galaxy S phones since September of last year. Then it finally came out for the Epic this month & had lots of issues, some people said the update bricked their phones. Can you imagine a official update from the phone manufacturer bricking your phone?!?!

I got the HTC Evo Shift because it's 4G, has a slide out keyboard & HTC is great with updates.

I'm not a big fan of Samsung because their phones feel cheap compare to HTC phones. I love HTC phones of their quality and are easy to root. The Galaxy S II will probably be the phone I get if I stay with ATT, but I'm thinking of switching to Verizon this summer. I already have another phone that I use for work. The GSP also sucks on Samsung phones, lol.

I'm thinking of waiting for the Incredible 2 before I switch to Verizon.

#54 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 01, 2011 - 06:33 PM

I read somewhere that the Task Killers aren't necessary anymore for Android phones since they do a good job killing tasks already.

i need it .. or else my twitter apps and facebook would be running all the time.. eff that.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#55 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 06:34 PM

Just got the HTC Inspire 4G, its so freaking sick! I love Apple and the iPhone but Android>>>>>>IOS

yes!!

and for screeshots, you dont have to root your phone .. theres an app called "screenshot it" that works on SOME unrooted phones .. works for me, get the trial version to see if it works for you.

my droid phone is kinda old .. had it when it was still running 1.5 .. now its 2.1 but i dont wanna root my phone cause wifi and gps, bunch of other stuff wouldnt work on my phone if i did it.. smh i really want gingerbread

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.

#56 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 06:43 PM

yes!!

and for screeshots, you dont have to root your phone .. theres an app called "screenshot it" that works on SOME unrooted phones .. works for me, get the trial version to see if it works for you.

my droid phone is kinda old .. had it when it was still running 1.5 .. now its 2.1 but i dont wanna root my phone cause wifi and gps, bunch of other stuff wouldnt work on my phone if i did it.. smh i really want gingerbread

Really? What phone do you have again? I'm rooted & everything works, but i get way good battery life now & the phone is even faster than before.

21lsbya.jpg

#57 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 07:54 PM

I got the Inspire 4G and I'm having problems setting up my wifi connection at home. I know my router and settings are correct because my Blackberry, computer, etc. are working at home.

#58 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 08:04 PM

I got the Inspire 4G and I'm having problems setting up my wifi connection at home. I know my router and settings are correct because my Blackberry, computer, etc. are working at home.

Its a sick phone huh? Well, I'm guessing you went to the Wireless & networks setting but did you by accident check the airplane mode or uncheck the wi-fi box. don't know what would be your problem.
Posted Image

#59 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted March 02, 2011 - 08:08 PM

yes!!

which droid do you hav? gingerbread is pretty good with managing apps and multi-tasking, i guess just root your phone and search for a rom that has wifi and gps. hey so what are the best apps on the android market?
Posted Image

#60 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted March 03, 2011 - 03:12 AM

i got the Samsung Moment from Sprint..

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users