The Official Android OS Thread

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#201 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,509 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 22, 2012 - 06:18 AM

Same, that's what I use.

LT I wouldn't recommend facial unlock but you set it up under serrings>secutity>lock screen

yea I agree, it kinda sucks. it works fine in the perfect day light...when Im not wearing a hat, or sun glasses...lol. But in the dark, like driving at night it doesnt work at all. So I just went back to the basic lock because its faster. Yahoo Sportacular is a great ap. easy to use. Shows everything. Netflix ap is awesome. Google navigation. love it. Got a police radio ap. Can listen to the police scanner anywhere in the world. Got the star tracker ap. And the Disney World ap for my family vacation in Dec. Shows where the characters are for my 3 year old, what the wait times are at each ride. Gives you the Fast Pass right into your phone and can make restaurant reservations. Pretty awesome.
I got the google translate ap. Pretty awesome for vacations to other countries. So many aps out there its crazy. A ap w/ my alarm company that can arm/disarm it when Im gone from home. And a qr bar code scanner. weather channel ap.
The Falcons have a official app. I got that. I dont see one for the Lakers though? I see lots of fan aps but nothing official. TLN works great on Chrome. Is there a TLN ap?
Whats some other ones. I gotta get a angry birds to...hhahaha

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#202 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 22, 2012 - 09:50 PM

Ive had the Samsung Galaxy S2 since OCT 2011

Today I see my wall battery plugged in and it says its charging but the power actually keeps going down whenever I checked the phone WTF. So I went to T-Mobile and they thought it was a battery problem so I went to Batteries plus and they checked the battery and said it was fine so it turns out its the Charger port. Anyone know how I can get this problem fixed? Thanks

I have Warranty on this until OCT 8.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#203 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,509 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted September 23, 2012 - 04:34 AM

MDI homey I would call and tell tmobile and send it back asap so your not left screwed.
Then tell them to send that t mobile chick over to your house so you can use her as a loaner while you dont have a phone to use.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#204 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted September 23, 2012 - 06:28 PM

The notifications update in Jelly Bean (4.1) are too raw. The webOS guy at Android is murking the game right now

They are lacking a SMS pop-up or notification quick reply like in Cyanogenmod 10.

Edited by Niss, September 23, 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#205 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,233 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted September 24, 2012 - 07:40 AM

Ive had the Samsung Galaxy S2 since OCT 2011

Today I see my wall battery plugged in and it says its charging but the power actually keeps going down whenever I checked the phone WTF. So I went to T-Mobile and they thought it was a battery problem so I went to Batteries plus and they checked the battery and said it was fine so it turns out its the Charger port. Anyone know how I can get this problem fixed? Thanks

I have Warranty on this until OCT 8.

Tmobile should replace

They are lacking a SMS pop-up or notification quick reply like in Cyanogenmod 10.

Meh I always use 3rd party text apps, using go sms right now

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#206 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted September 24, 2012 - 07:41 AM

Cool thanks guys

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#207 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 02:29 PM

My next phone will be the S4! Hopefully, the phone comes out in March.

#208 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,233 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 02:39 PM

My next phone will be the S4! Hopefully, the phone comes out in March.

I think I'm going to go Nexus devices from now on, you pay more but no contract, no carrier or manufacturer bloat added and just pure up to date Android

21lsbya.jpg

#209 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think I'm going to go Nexus devices from now on, you pay more but no contract, no carrier or manufacturer bloat added and just pure up to date Android

I care more about specs because I can always root and unlock the phone. The current Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ sells for $349.00 which is a good price without contract.

I will wait for the next Nexus to be release before I make my decision.

Edited by Niss, September 29, 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#210 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,455 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 29, 2012 - 02:59 PM

This, after motorola let the atrix community down... Im never buying anything that isnt nexus
Next Nexus all the way lol
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#211 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted September 29, 2012 - 03:04 PM

This, after motorola let the atrix community down... Im never buying anything that isnt nexus
Next Nexus all the way lol

You made the mistake of buying a Motorola phone in the first place. Lol.

Edited by Niss, September 29, 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#212 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,183 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted September 29, 2012 - 03:17 PM

I currently have a Motorola Droid 2, it's my 2nd one since the first broke down, first one lasted about a year and a half, this 2nd one I got off ebay is still going but i'm not gonna let it break down too and will get a new phone soon. Battery life is decent but it's constantly rebooting or freezing.

So the next phone I get definitely won't be a Motorola. Only reason I liked it a lot is because of the physical qwerty keyboard.

I'd like the phone imma get next to have a physical qwerty keyboard too but whatever Verizon has that's the best at the time is what i'll get.

Leaning towards a Galaxy S3 currently.

Might wait til next year tho to see anything better that I like is released.

Hopefully i can keep my unlimited data plan.

#213 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 893 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted October 02, 2012 - 04:02 PM

I personally love my Samsung Galaxy S3. I was a huge iPhone fanboy. And to be honest, both are great phones. But the speed of the Samsung is a HUGE difference. The ability to add micro SD card (up to 64 gb) to the 16 gb of internal and it's really no tough decision.

If anyone is on the fence about a phone, check out YouTube -- they have tons of videos comparing various phones. I spent at least an hour checking out the videos, talking to people, and viewing them in the stores before making my choice.

#214 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 04, 2012 - 10:51 AM

So my dad is eligible for an upgrade next week, he doesn't really care for technology so he's gonna get the samsung galaxy s3 and then give it to me. The Samsung galaxy s2 i have (my first smartphone ever), how do I transfer all my photos/music/texts/contacts/apps/what not to the new phone the easiest way?

Thanks

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#215 24allday

24allday

Rookie

• 1,393 posts
  • Name:Gavin
  • Fan Since:3rd grade - first started watching and loved Kobe
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba, #STAYSWAG

Posted October 04, 2012 - 11:59 AM

So my dad is eligible for an upgrade next week, he doesn't really care for technology so he's gonna get the samsung galaxy s3 and then give it to me. The Samsung galaxy s2 i have (my first smartphone ever), how do I transfer all my photos/music/texts/contacts/apps/what not to the new phone the easiest way?

Thanks

If you have a sd card then just put that in the new phone, otherwise when you get your new phone they should copy your sim card over with everything.

#216 Bizdady

Bizdady

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Pau, Bynum

Posted October 05, 2012 - 07:10 AM

Sweet! Been kind away but just saw tapatalk is supported! I love tapatalk and use it for all my boards. Guess I'll be more active now!
Also, remember this when the TNT guys tell you that Andrew Bynum is "injury prone" -- it's because Kobe Bryant fell on his leg. He's injury prone because someone fell on his leg. Put that in your pipe when one of them says something along the lines of "I just don't know if they can rely on him." Can they rely on Kobe to not fall down and tumble into his leg, again?

#217 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,233 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 07:11 AM

Thanks

There are apps that will backup texts, but apps some will backup to SD Card some won't. Contacts you should be syncing through gmail anyways that way it always transfers easily to new devices. Photos are on SD Card, but I use this app called Titanium Backup Pro. It backs up and restores everything, the only thing is you have to be rooted for it to work.

21lsbya.jpg

#218 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted October 05, 2012 - 09:49 PM

Got it thanks

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#219 flota

flota

• 2,455 posts

Posted October 22, 2012 - 07:38 AM

i know... but moto make quality phones (from hardware standpoint)
that LG nexus looks good... october 29 comes closer :)
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

#220 flota

flota

• 2,455 posts

Posted October 29, 2012 - 01:17 PM

there it is

nexus 4
nexus 7 32 gb
nexus 10

the nexus 4 its my next phone
Imposible is nothing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users