#1 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,455 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted October 04, 2008 - 01:42 PM

Article

Pau Gasol's midseason acquisition energized the Lakers and helped them get through the rough-and-rumble West in the playoffs. He never played with Andrew Bynum until now. He likes what he sees.

"We're starting to develop our relationship on the court," Gasol said. "He's a young, talented man with a lot of potential. Hopefully he'll be able to explode this year and be able to produce a lot and I'll be able to do the same."

Already, Bynum and Gasol have a system in place on defense. Whichever one doesn't get the rebound sprints to the other end and establishes post position, as per Coach Phil Jackson's wishes.

It has been a long year for Gasol, who joined Kobe Bryant as the two Lakers who kept going after the NBA Finals. Gasol played in the Olympics for Spain, which lost to the U.S. in the gold-medal game, 118-107.

When that was over, Gasol rested for 16 days after consulting with a trainer and physical therapist. He then began strength exercises for his ankles, back, knees and shoulders, though Jackson said Gasol needed to do more running.

"He's not in the kind of shape Kobe's in, so he needs some conditioning work," Jackson said. "When he took off after the Olympics, he took off. He hasn't done much."

Said Gasol: "The legs in training camp get a little tired, a little sore, a little heavy, but you get through it."

Gasol correctly pointed out that it's how you finish a season, not how you start it in October.

And he laughed when asked if he and Bynum would each average 20 points and 10 rebounds a game.

"That'd be nice, but we still have Mr. Bryant on the team," he said. "We have so many weapons out there that one night there's going to be one guy the defense is not paying as much attention to, or one guy that has a better night than others. But we all should produce consistently well."

Posted Image

#2 jplakers

jplakers

Rookie

• 52 posts
  • Fav. Laker:andrew bynum

Posted October 04, 2008 - 02:26 PM

my personal predictions for ppg are bryant 25ppg 7as gasol 18ppg 7rpg bynum 17ppg 13rpg 3bpg

#3 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 04, 2008 - 08:40 PM

Anyone else think Kobe will have an MVP year? I know I asked this before, but just wondering if people have changed their views since then. It's nice knowing that Pau and Bynum are getting along well. :o

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#4 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 04, 2008 - 08:55 PM

Yeah I would agree with those numbers. I don't see Bynum getting more than that just because there's not enough offense to go around with the firepower this team has.

Edited by ReaListik, October 04, 2008 - 08:55 PM.

"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#5 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,475 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted October 04, 2008 - 09:24 PM

I'd love to see those numbers coming from them every game.

#6 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 441 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 04, 2008 - 09:35 PM

The Gasol/Bynum combo will be awesome.

#7 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 04, 2008 - 11:36 PM

Anyone else think Kobe will have an MVP year? I know I asked this before, but just wondering if people have changed their views since then. It's nice knowing that Pau and Bynum are getting along well. :clap:

It's possible. But in ANY CASE, Kobe's been OUR MVP almost every year since 2004....

#8 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 05, 2008 - 05:20 AM

Next step is seeing them together at the Jay Z concert :clap:
Posted Image

#9 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility