9 replies to this topic

#1 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2011 - 08:49 AM

Do you have any relatives that hate your favorite sports teams? or how about some that love them? anyone that gets on your nerves at all...? :hmm:

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#2 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Only person in my family who follows the NBA or NFL. I think I'm the only person in my family who seriously follows sports...

Posted Image

#3 phenor jenkins

phenor jenkins

Rookie

• 367 posts
  • Name:phenor jenkins
  • Fan Since:i was born
  • Fav. Laker:kareem abdul jabbar

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:23 AM

My uncle is a rams fan, im a 49ers fan. Also my cousins boyfriend is a cowboy fan :D
All work and no play makes phenor a dull boy

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:29 AM

My uncle and a couple of my cousins are big Lakers fans but some of my aunts and cousins are Heat/Lakers-haters fans. They're just bandwagons. When they are over at my house and there's a Lakers game and they're losing, they dont shut up. To them, its like the Lakers should never lose. :nah:

Edited by TheLakersHighlights, January 30, 2011 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

#5 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 26,996 posts

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:32 AM

I dunno if my brother and dad are Laker fans anymore. Seen FB statuses from my brother about Lakers so maybe he still does follow them a bit. I'm the only big Lakers fan in the family though. My aunts and uncles from mom's side are all San Diego Chargers fans.

#6 AndyC

AndyC

TLN UK Representative

• 944 posts
  • Name:Andrew Clark
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Lamar

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:48 AM

None of my family even watch basketball, although for some reason my dad claims to be a spurs fan and I dnt know why lol
Phil's last stand will be his greatest of all !
@andrewc316

#7 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 30, 2011 - 10:57 AM

My dad, sister, and cousins all follow basketball and are Laker fans. No Laker haters in my house :81:

#8 LadyLakersLover

LadyLakersLover

Rookie

• 194 posts
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2011 - 12:21 PM

my cousin hates the lakers. a few hours prior to game 7 last year, he sent me a text talking ish about what the celtics were gonna do to us and how he was going to let me have it at the end of the game. needless to say, at the end of the game i sent HIM a text (to which he's yet to respond to)...LOL! also, a couple of weeks later we had our family dinner at his house...i had on ALL my lakers gear (my 2009 championship hat, my "got rings?" shirt, my lakers jeans, and my lakers crocs)! ROFL!!! he hugged me and said hello, but he would NOT say congratulations or even acknowledge that the Lakers won. LOL! My dad use to be a die hard lakers fan (which is how i became a lakers fan). On his recent visit here a month ago, he informed me that he still "likes" the lakers, but his favorite team is the Heat. When he was leaving, he had the nerve to ask me for my 2009 championship hat. I don't think so "Mr. So-so Lakers fan"! Needless to say, he will not be coming back to my house again! LOL...j/k of course he can come back to my house...maybe...LOL!

#9 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,000 posts

Posted February 15, 2011 - 07:54 PM

My dad just hates the Lakers and likes any team that he thinks are better than them. This year he is a fan of the Heat.

#10 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts

Posted March 01, 2011 - 02:32 AM

My entire extended family of up to about 50 people (aside from 2 or 3 exceptions), are all hardcore Laker fans. Some of them might not watch every game, but come playoff time, we can all get together and scream our hearts out for the Lakeshow! :rock:

This includes my grandparents who watch every Laker game. They even watch more non-Laker NBA games than me and sometimes hear about NBA news before I do. I also watched Game 7 with my grandma's blind brother (we'd describe to him what was going on) who called me every week or so during the summer to ask about trade rumors and free agent rumors (He was really disappointed that we didn't sign Raja Bell lol)

We have a couple of people in the family who don't care about sports but when we get together, they'll join in with the cheering just because. There are 2 Laker haters in the family but we just ignore them since we've had the last word at the end of the past 2 years anyways.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users