After Jimmer's lit it up for 43 vs. #4 SD State did his draft slot go up

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,397 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 28, 2011 - 11:02 AM

After his 43pt drop everyone was tweeting about Jimmer's...
Kevin Durant.... Jimmer Fredette is the best scorer in the world!!
John Wall...Fredette is cold!!! #respect
Derrick Willimas- (AZ wildcats. Definite top 5 pick next year) The only way your stopping Jimmer is when the game ends.
Nelly: If you like college bball like me you gotta check out Jimmers from BYU, he is definetly the truth.
Van Pelt (ESPN): NBA teams, if your sleeping this is your wake up call.

He's gone over 40 points in three of BYU's last four games. He's leading the nation in scoring at 27.4 points per game.
Plus, he's shooting 48 percent from the field, 90 percent from the free throw line and 42 percent from three-point range. And BYU is probably gonna be in the top 5 when the new NCAA rankings come out.
I feel he's the best point guard in the country and that he can absolutely develop into an NBA star.
But NBA scouts are torn.
Why be torn though....they give players like Luke Walton a chance because in college he grabbed some loose balls but they dont want this guy???? wtf. Its like their ego's dont wanna admit the man is truth because they missed him in last years scouting logs.....lol

If this guy does go in the 20th-30th pick like some say....and the Lakers dont draft him....I'm gonna be a Hawks fan Ill be so pissed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtVf2XKyVch1wbQ9g1SY0ja8vLYF?slug=aw-fredettenba012811

Before he had become a one-name basketball phenom, a late-night TV and Internet sensation, Jimmer Fredette planned to pass on his senior season and stay in the 2010 NBA draft. The New Jersey Nets were inclined to take him in the late 20s, sources said, but Fredette sought a guarantee and the Nets’ past president, Rod Thorn, couldn’t bring himself to make the promise.

“Some executives will lie to a kid and take someone else that slips down to that spot,” one close associate said. “But Rod would never do that.”

The Nets had gone into draft day with the 27th pick, and a season of scouting him – including a private workout in East Rutherford – had them sold. Thorn had two scouts pushing him hard on Fredette. Once the New Orleans Hornets snatched Iowa State’s Craig Brackins(notes) before the Nets could complete a trade to move up, the irony turned out that Thorn would’ve been free to pick Fredette.

Truth be told, Fredette will never regret a return to BYU for his senior season. This is the best season of his basketball life, and nothing that’ll happen in the NBA could ever surpass the way he’s commanding the sport. Nearly every NBA team had a representative – including general managers Pat Riley of the Miami Heat, R.C. Buford of the San Antonio Spurs, Daryl Morey of the Houston Rockets and Bryan Colangelo of the Toronto Raptors – to watch him drop 43 points on No. 4 San Diego State on Wednesday night in Provo, Utah.

Only Kevin Durant(notes) topped him that night – hitting for 47 points – and as soon as the Oklahoma City Thunder’s overtime victory ended, here were the first words out of Durant’s Twitter account: “Jimmer Fredette is the best scorer in the world!!”

From everywhere on the floor, Fredette is a relentless, ferocious scorer. His range stretches far beyond the 3-point line, and his deftness with the ball – not to mention his toughness – gets him to the basket and the free-throw line. He’s scoring in the 30s, the 40s on some nights – averaging a nation-best 27.4 points per game – and perhaps it’s so amazing because people just don’t see that coming from a 6-foot-2 Mormon out of upstate New York. There’s no debating Fredette’s greatness as a collegiate scorer, but most fascinating is projecting what kind of pro player he’ll be.

Conversations with multiple NBA general managers and scouts who’ve tracked Fredette’s progress result in one consensus: Almost no one agrees on anything. Perhaps there’s something about a white guard with American roots which causes such prejudging, stereotyping and skepticism to abound. Perhaps there’s something about a white guard with American roots which causes such rooting interest and overhype. People are forever trying to pin Fredette into a neat little comparative box. Most agree he could top out in the late lottery around 12 or 13 but probably won’t last past the mid-20s.

It’s funny how Fredette draws comparisons to Gonzaga’s Adam Morrison(notes) and Duke’s J.J. Redick(notes). They don’t play so much like him, but they sure are white guys. Thirty years ago, the best player in BYU history, Danny Ainge, would’ve been the highest-drafted player in school history had he told NBA teams he preferred pro basketball over pro baseball. He was a different athlete than Fredette – bigger, faster and more suited for the pro game. For whatever it was worth, there was no shortage of comparable players in the NBA.

“I was a guy who could run, had good speed, and never in my college career did anyone question my athleticism,” Ainge said. “If I wasn’t playing baseball, I would’ve certainly been one of the top five or six picks. I don’t think anyone in the NBA was thinking about that with me or Doug Collins. We were bigger. We were athletic.”

For all the comparisons to Fredette, perhaps the one that NBA executives most make is with Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry(notes). The former Davidson star was a one-man wrecking crew, small, slight and full of flair, pushing 30 points a game outside of the power conferences. Several executives and scouts believe the Fredette-Curry contrast is a good way to measure BYU’s star, while several others don’t believe Jimmer belongs in his class.

“An insult to Curry’s talent,” one Eastern Conference personnel executive said.

Edited by LakersGAFan, January 28, 2011 - 11:04 AM.

#2 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,018 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2011 - 05:55 PM

This guy is legit. All the pressure is on him now

#3 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted January 30, 2011 - 06:07 PM

I hate Jimmer.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#4 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.

Posted January 31, 2011 - 03:59 PM

This guy is legit. All the pressure is on him now

tru dat. Its his stage now hes gotta do it.

I hate Jimmer.

why? did he do something to you?

#5 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted February 08, 2011 - 03:54 AM

My Aztec boys will kick their butts when we play them at home on the 26th her in SD.

Malcolm & the boys will be ready. <3

Posted Image

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#6 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted February 08, 2011 - 05:03 PM

^ SDSU is the overrated team in the nation, along w/ BYU. Sorry, I had to say it.

Utah State is coming though! #17 baby!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#7 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 05:34 PM

Fredette lit SD State up again. 25pts, 9 dimes
If BYU aint top 5 now its pure 100% hatin

• 40,399 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 05:48 PM

^ Dude, I'm a Jimmer fan but truth is truth. Dude has been in a slump for a while now. Yeah he's still been putting up a solid amount of points, but his shooting percentage has been consistently bad for a while now. He was 8-24 today. I wouldn't exactly say that's considered lighting it up.

yo.

#9 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,018 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2011 - 07:03 PM

In college no one is expected to be consistent everyday. Still great game by both teams

• 40,399 posts

Posted February 26, 2011 - 09:15 PM

^ No [expletive], but he's been consistently bad field goal percentage-wise for a while now after his really hot start.

yo.

#11 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,648 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 06, 2011 - 09:43 AM

I like him but I feel like he's JJ Reddick 2.0. Just go look at how JJ shot the ball in college then look at his first couple seasons pro. This draft will be the guard going higher and the big men going out quickly in the first round cause now everyone wants a fresh set of a big men with young legs

Either way, he's not coming to the lakers as high as the 25th pick. He's a top 15 draft pick for sure. How he plays in march will tell us if he goes in that top 10.

Edited by bigvee, March 06, 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#12 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:15 AM

I like him but I feel like he's JJ Reddick 2.0. Just go look at how JJ shot the ball in college then look at his first couple seasons pro. This draft will be the guard going higher and the big men going out quickly in the first round cause now everyone wants a fresh set of a big men with young legs

Either way, he's not coming to the lakers as high as the 25th pick. He's a top 15 draft pick for sure. How he plays in march will tell us if he goes in that top 10.

Top 15? I can't see it. I'd say late first round and I can see LA getting him. FML

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#13 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,648 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:40 AM

Top 15? I can't see it. I'd say late first round and I can see LA getting him. FML

He's on the 3rd ranked BYU team and he's easily the best player on that team. Go check out some mock drafts they almost all have him going 10-15th.

I just have my eyes on Nolan Smith. Dude's a stud, and he'll have a great NBA career. The Lakers can fill the quickness in the point guard section with him and he can produce offense when asked to. He has also shown signs of a great jumpshot and leads Duke in transition. With the 25th pick, I'm confident that we can draft him.

#14 Simba

Simba

Too Clutch

• 4,255 posts
  • Name:Jeet
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Westbrook

Posted March 06, 2011 - 10:45 AM

He'll go anywhere from 10-15, but don't be surprised if he goes higher that projected like Gordon Heyward did. You can never have enough scorers and alot of teams have already shown interest in him. Think about Adam Morrison and JJ Reddick, both of those guys went pretty high when they were drafted and they were prolific scorers in college.

Posted Image

• 40,399 posts

Posted March 06, 2011 - 11:24 AM

He finally had a good shooting game (percentage-wise). Hadn't had one in a while.

yo.

#16 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:46 AM

BYU is gonna drop in the standings because they kicked their center off the team.....wtf would they do that for when the tourney is about to start?
I see Jimmers being a top 10 pick.
Theres alot of guys who killed it in college and lead the ncaa in scoring and didnt pan out as the Franchise players people hoped they would.....But they had decent careers.
Hershey Hawkins 36.3ppg
Xavier McDaniel 27.2
Glenn Robinson 30.3
Adam Morrison 28.1 :whistle:

But Stephen Curry also did in 2009 at 28.6ppg.

Obviously Currys playing very well for GSW and honestly Jimmers plays just like Curry does but with much deeper shooting range.
Being a PG is a safer transistion from NCAA to NBA than a F/C is. So I think he will be fine.

Jimmers is 4real. He's gonna make a great pg somewhere. I hope he does slip in the draft and our Lakers can steal him.

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 07, 2011 - 08:57 AM.

#17 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 02:36 PM

Jimmer isn't a franchise player. He's not athletic enough and doesn't have the ball handling skills to be a starting type PG in the NBA. He'd be a great bench player though, someone who could come in and give you a spark.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

• 40,399 posts

Posted March 07, 2011 - 08:51 PM

BYU is gonna drop in the standings because they kicked their center off the team.....wtf would they do that for when the tourney is about to start?

Dude should've controlled his hormones OR never gone to that weird school in the first place.

yo.

#19 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

• 11,397 posts

Posted March 08, 2011 - 09:23 AM

Terry Dehere.Thats another guy who led the NCAA in scoring and just never did much after he was drafted.

#20 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,095 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted March 08, 2011 - 10:43 AM

Dude should've controlled his hormones OR never gone to that weird school in the first place.

Is BYU a Christan school why cant you have Sex there?

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users