15 replies to this topic

#1 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2010 - 12:09 AM

I'm going to make this short and sweet, with no name-dropping (and none of you will do it, either).

1) There's no rule against stating the obvious.

The Lakers are playing bad. They may lose vs. the Hornets. If I (or anyone else) wants to make that statement, it doesn't make anyone less of a fan. Put any percentage you want out there...50% chance of winning, whatever. Based on the team (ex. the Spurs), the Lakers' chance of winning goes up or down. If we lose to Dallas twice, our chance of winning is not 50% in the next game, so stop using it as an excuse.

[insert name here] does NOT look like a fool when he provides a correct prediction. In the same boat, nobody looks like a fool for an incorrect prediction. I thought we were going to beat the Bucks, but I was wrong. I didn't think we would beat Miami on Christmas, and I sure didn't think we would win tonight. I'm still a fan. I just know the team is struggling.

So, here's the thing: the ones that look like fools are those that call out others for being "less of a fan" because they are upset, or predicting losses. Guess what? Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant have stated, over and over again, how upset they are after these "meaningless, regular season losses." If they mean something to our coach and arguably the greatest Laker of all-time, they should mean something to the fans as well.

This will end now. If you don't like someone saying the Lakers will lose their next game, open up your cell and give the team a call, catch a taxi and show up to their next practice and let them know they are ruining your life. Otherwise, stop complaining about it.

2) Lakers fans CAN bait other Lakers fans (meaning, it's possible), so stop doing it.

If you're calling the team the Fakers over and over again, it's considered baiting. If you're calling a fan out and telling them they aren't true to the team, it's baiting.

This also stops immediately. Mods will be advised to suspend when they see it, suspensions lasting anywhere from 15-30 days (plenty of time for you to stay off the board and go rant to your mirror when the Lakers lose some important game).

----------------

Most everyone on this site is in high school or college. I don't know any of you that are in middle school or junior high. I know everyone here is capable of acting their age, so that's what I'm expecting from now on.

For the most part, everyone here is posting on TLN because they love the Lakers, they love Kobe, they love Gasol, Artest, Odom, whatever the reason...and for those that aren't fans of the team or players, they register here and show respect (there are Clippers fans signed up on TLN, among others). What is so hard about posting your opinion, sharing your knowledge, respecting others, all for free, as long as you're abiding by simple guidelines that encourage your maturity? There are plenty of people that display the ability to pull it off, so why don't we all step our game up?

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 12:24 AM

People gotta calm down, everyone is at everyone's throats when we lose.

#3 ML21

ML21

Laker Fanatic est 8/15/1990

• 278 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:Eddie Jones,Shaq,Kobe,D-Fish

Posted December 29, 2010 - 01:16 AM

If no one likes it their free to leave. I came here cause I Love the Lakers and I wanna chat with people who Know about the Lakers and who aren't bandwagon fans but it is Really sad that everyday I hop on here and see people call out others and lose faith in the team and call them the Fakers. Really its sad and I don't like it as a True Laker fan. How many of yall were here when the Lakers missed the Playoffs..How bout when we lost to the Suns twice or lost to boston in the playoffs..Were you the same way? This is nothing new to me I sat through the ruff years and the Title years. How the way they're playing Im unhappy cause it looks like we're not trying but People If your unhappy stop watching Lakers Basketball. Im comparing watching these 3 games to USC Football losing. Unhappy with it but kept tuning in and that what I hope you guys will do. Will with this team and quit calling them out no matter what. Remember that this is our Team that we Love and remember why we came to TLN
Posted Image

#4 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 6,001 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted December 29, 2010 - 01:28 AM

I mean we all are arguing for the same reason. We want the Lakers to win period. Some have a funny way of showing it but they do. We just need a calm down thread lol, like post some soothing music in it or something!

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

#5 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,378 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2010 - 02:27 AM

TLN is the best place when the Lakers win and Hell when they lose .. It has always been that way ... People have high expectations ( can't blame them ) and anything other than a win is a failure. It's how it is ...

I hate is when fans whine,call the team - Fakers, but jump on the bandwaggon when the Lakers start playing well ... I also hate fans that are never happy about anything ... wtf ? You are a Lakerfan ! It's the Lakers ! We have some of the best players in the world and we always contend for a championship. We are spoiled .. Be humble and stop complaining ...

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Soul Smooth

#6 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 29, 2010 - 05:55 AM

Disappointment and projection of that disappointment is normal. Different people have different ways of showing it. You get so pissed at this team that you don't know what you see out there on the court but it's not the LA Lakers that have won the last two championships. Some people would say, "well, we'll show up against the good teams" but we're not doing that; and then, some people will say, "We won't lose against teams like the Bucks" and yeh...we lose to those teams as well. Yes, we're happy and content when we're playing well but you're supposed to be the same thing when we're not? This has nothing to do with the fans and whether or not you think they're spoiled (whatever that means) but everything to do with the players of the LA Lakers. Yeh, it's easy to say we'll get it together in the next game but logically...why would you say that? There are times when the Lakers have given you zero reasons to believe that and until they do...

This starts with the team; they have to give the fans something to be happy and positive about and this season has been missing those things.

And really, the high expectations thing has passed because all we'd settle for now is a win against...anyone or at least not getting blown out by 20+ points every game.

And if we pick it up? Great, I'll be happy...but guess what...so will everyone else (even those who pretend like they knew it all along). When that time comes (when the Lakers are playing like Lakers again) then we can all be happy again but who knows when that will be.

My lakers hat has been on the living room floor since Christmas haha and I hope I get to pick it up soon.

Edited by Windu, December 29, 2010 - 05:56 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 29, 2010 - 12:06 PM

My lakers hat has been on the living room floor since Christmas haha and I hope I get to pick it up soon.

The day after I was wearing my Lakers shirt. Haters can hate all they want, but I will never stop representing my team even if things are going bad.

#8 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted December 30, 2010 - 01:01 AM

Disappointment and projection of that disappointment is normal. Different people have different ways of showing it. You get so pissed at this team that you don't know what you see out there on the court but it's not the LA Lakers that have won the last two championships. Some people would say, "well, we'll show up against the good teams" but we're not doing that; and then, some people will say, "We won't lose against teams like the Bucks" and yeh...we lose to those teams as well. Yes, we're happy and content when we're playing well but you're supposed to be the same thing when we're not? This has nothing to do with the fans and whether or not you think they're spoiled (whatever that means) but everything to do with the players of the LA Lakers. Yeh, it's easy to say we'll get it together in the next game but logically...why would you say that? There are times when the Lakers have given you zero reasons to believe that and until they do...

This starts with the team; they have to give the fans something to be happy and positive about and this season has been missing those things.

And really, the high expectations thing has passed because all we'd settle for now is a win against...anyone or at least not getting blown out by 20+ points every game.

And if we pick it up? Great, I'll be happy...but guess what...so will everyone else (even those who pretend like they knew it all along). When that time comes (when the Lakers are playing like Lakers again) then we can all be happy again but who knows when that will be.

You make some good points Windu, but complacency is in the Lakers DNA. Especially when you've won two straight championships. Therefore, they won't be able to provide fans what they want every game, which is dominating wins. The Lakers know how to win championships and overcome adversity possibly better than any team in sports. I'm not saying them being complacent will ultimately lead to a title every year because they simply know how to win in the end, but they've done it before. You have to look at the situation. We are trying to threepeat. That isn't easy to do, which is why no other team in pro sports has done it since... the Lakers in '00-'02. Just enjoy the ride, not many fans get to experience what we do.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#9 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted December 30, 2010 - 10:38 AM

post some soothing music in it or something!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#10 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 04:41 PM

Same [expletive], different day.

You guys also need to stop dissing LeBron 24/7 and bringing him up in threads that have nothing to do with him.

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted December 30, 2010 - 05:00 PM

Same [expletive], different day.

You guys also need to stop dissing LeBron 24/7 and bringing him up in threads that have nothing to do with him.

That's a select group of people that constantly do that.

#12 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted December 30, 2010 - 06:08 PM

I only Diss Lebron 23/6

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#13 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 30, 2010 - 10:54 PM

I only Diss Lebron 23/6

Lol

Posted Image

#14 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted December 31, 2010 - 12:51 PM

Most everyone on this site is in high school or college. I don't know any of you that are in middle school or junior high. I know everyone here is capable of acting their age, so that's what I'm expecting from now on.

For the most part, everyone here is posting on TLN because they love the Lakers, they love Kobe, they love Gasol, Artest, Odom, whatever the reason...and for those that aren't fans of the team or players, they register here and show respect (there are Clippers fans signed up on TLN, among others). What is so hard about posting your opinion, sharing your knowledge, respecting others, all for free, as long as you're abiding by simple guidelines that encourage your maturity? There are plenty of people that display the ability to pull it off, so why don't we all step our game up?

have you noticed its the same group of "members" who always have a problem with the guidelines no matter how you change it for the past 18-20 months? lol.

The intention behind the rules in place simply doesn't register in the thick skulls of a select group...it is what it is, they want to be knuckleheads no matter how flexible you made the rules out to be.

There are going to be "ridiculous threads" made and "differing" opinions posted...voice your disagreement without breaking the rules and move on. Instead they irritate that person and violate the guidelines hoping the poster would acknowledge they were wrong lol. I've just learned to ignore these bitter clown azzes (because thats how they behave) and put my time into the rest of TLN where there is positive discussions going on

Edited by MDI, December 31, 2010 - 12:57 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#15 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 31, 2010 - 11:25 PM

have you noticed its the same group of "members" who always have a problem with the guidelines no matter how you change it for the past 18-20 months? lol.

The intention behind the rules in place simply doesn't register in the thick skulls of a select group...it is what it is, they want to be knuckleheads no matter how flexible you made the rules out to be.

There are going to be "ridiculous threads" made and "differing" opinions posted...voice your disagreement without breaking the rules and move on. Instead they irritate that person and violate the guidelines hoping the poster would acknowledge they were wrong lol. I've just learned to ignore these bitter clown azzes (because thats how they behave) and put my time into the rest of TLN where there is positive discussions going on

+1 :rock:
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#16 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted January 01, 2011 - 03:34 PM

^ yup. Big time real talk right there.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871