Photo

What cellphones do the Lakers players use?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 Bracus

Bracus

Rookie

• 555 posts
  • Name:Rick
  • Fan Since:1984
  • Fav. Laker:All of Em

Posted December 10, 2010 - 01:23 PM

I came from a 2G/3G/3GS iPhone that was unlocked and jailbroken for the T-Mobile network. Loved it. Customizable, never ending apps, and most important, free paid apps. Only down fall was not being able to run 3G services due to the difference in towers between AT&T and T-Mobile. I grew old of it so i decided to pull the trigger. I sold my iPhone and made a switch to the darkside, Android. After owning a Galaxy S, Google Nexus One, and my soon to be Google Nexus S that is on pre-order, Android just seems more fulfilling to me. I love both phones, don't get me wrong, but I find the Android OS superior to the iOS. Having an iPhone is great, but people only seem to care for it as a "status" symbol if anything. Android is on it's way. Mark my words.

ANDROID ANDROID ANDROID

If you want to get the best out of your hardware. And if you don't want to have the same phone everyone else has. I've had windows (ehhh), BB (pretty good for work), Iphone (you can only download so many fart apps), and then Android. I'm the kind of person who always changes my phone every few months. But I've been on the Droid Incredible (it is incredible) for awhile now. And the best thing about Android is flashing new roms. I do it every 2 weeks and it's like a new different phone every time.
I heard Phil say ‘Don’t Shoot’ and I was like ‘Whatever’”!!!! - Ron

#42 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,588 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted December 10, 2010 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#43 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted December 10, 2010 - 03:37 PM

#44 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted December 10, 2010 - 09:19 PM

Ron Ron, Blake, and EBanks have an iPhone.

Downtown Shannon, Black Mamba, Fisher, Barnes, Jeannie Buss, Phil Jackson, Mitch K, Odom, and Pau have an BB.

--

Too many fanboys in this thread, lol.

You're comparing apples to oranges when you're comparing a BlackBerry and iPhone. Just because they're both phones don't mean they were designed to do the same thing. A BB was designed for business professionals not teenagers like the iPhone. The Bold is a great phone for a business professional who has to do work on the go, or use a cell phone to send emails, view files, etc. The BlackBerry software is outdated, but the phones are still very good for business professionals. There's a reason why the majority of business professionals use a BB as a work phone. I use a Bold as my business phone.

Why would you buy a iPhone when it does everything except make calls? :laughing: Comparing the iPhone to a phone running Android makes more sense. The iPhone is overrated and most people buy it as a status thing. Give me an Evo or another powered Android phone over an iPhone. We used iPhones, iPads, MB Pros, etc. at the hospital for things like charting and I'm not of a fan of the phone and iPad. I'd rather buy the new BB tablet when it comes out than buy the current iPad or iPad 2.

Rooted Android > Jailbroken iPhone.

Give me the new Nexus S over an iPhone 4.

http://www.google.com/nexus/#

Edited by King Kobra, December 10, 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#45 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,231 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 11, 2010 - 07:57 AM

Ron Ron, Blake, and EBanks have an iPhone.

Downtown Shannon, Black Mamba, Fisher, Barnes, Jeannie Buss, Phil Jackson, Mitch K, Odom, and Pau have an BB.

--

Too many fanboys in this thread, lol.

You're comparing apples to oranges when you're comparing a BlackBerry and iPhone. Just because they're both phones don't mean they were designed to do the same thing. A BB was designed for business professionals not teenagers like the iPhone. The Bold is a great phone for a business professional who has to do work on the go, or use a cell phone to send emails, view files, etc. The BlackBerry software is outdated, but the phones are still very good for business professionals. There's a reason why the majority of business professionals use a BB as a work phone. I use a Bold as my business phone.

Why would you buy a iPhone when it does everything except make calls? :laughing: Comparing the iPhone to a phone running Android makes more sense. The iPhone is overrated and most people buy it as a status thing. Give me an Evo or another powered Android phone over an iPhone. We used iPhones, iPads, MB Pros, etc. at the hospital for things like charting and I'm not of a fan of the phone and iPad. I'd rather buy the new BB tablet when it comes out than buy the current iPad or iPad 2.

Rooted Android > Jailbroken iPhone.

Give me the new Nexus S over an iPhone 4.

that blackberry tablet jacked webOS card view for apps n gestures on the bezzle, I hope HP sues them

But this thread reminds me of this lol

Edited by Draztik Rhymez, December 11, 2010 - 11:02 AM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#46 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,166 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted December 11, 2010 - 03:25 PM

flash is going to die soon. html5 going to take over

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#47 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,073 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 03:31 PM

And jQuery: http://jquery.com/

#48 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,231 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 06:37 PM

Steve Jobs?! Lol

21lsbya.jpg

#49 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,905 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 11, 2010 - 06:58 PM

lmao @ this question.

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#50 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted December 11, 2010 - 09:58 PM

Here's my thing on iPhone vs Android:

If you're buying an iPhone, that's cool. It's a gadget, a nice little phone to have fun with. It's an app-store and music player, that's about it. So if you're a smart shopper those are the only remotely justifiable reasons to get a flashless 4.

However, if you buy an iPhone because you, by some alignment of the stars, believe it's the smartest smartphone out there, that's just ridiculous. An Android-powered phone gives you the power and versatility of most PC's right in the palm of your damn hand. The flashless 4 is just an app-store and music player. But people buy the iPhone anyway because they're stupid, they don't know what the hell they're buying and just go by commercials and what they think is "in." I have 3 friends that have the flashless 4 (I own a Samsung Captivate [Galaxy S]) and nothing makes me smile more than those friends asking me how I do some of the things I do on my phone. Especially navigating websites that use flash.

#51 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,231 posts

Posted December 11, 2010 - 10:55 PM

Here's my thing on iPhone vs Android:

If you're buying an iPhone, that's cool. It's a gadget, a nice little phone to have fun with. It's an app-store and music player, that's about it. So if you're a smart shopper those are the only remotely justifiable reasons to get a flashless 4.

However, if you buy an iPhone because you, by some alignment of the stars, believe it's the smartest smartphone out there, that's just ridiculous. An Android-powered phone gives you the power and versatility of most PC's right in the palm of your damn hand. The flashless 4 is just an app-store and music player. But people buy the iPhone anyway because they're stupid, they don't know what the hell they're buying and just go by commercials and what they think is "in." I have 3 friends that have the flashless 4 (I own a Samsung Captivate [Galaxy S]) and nothing makes me smile more than those friends asking me how I do some of the things I do on my phone. Especially navigating websites that use flash.

+1 but woulda been a +10 if you said webOS :)

21lsbya.jpg

#52 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 06:15 PM

You're right, this is completely random and stupid.

#53 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 06:32 PM

Can the mods please lock this thread?

It's become more into a "which cell phone should I buy" discussion, rather than anything Lakers related.

#54 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted December 12, 2010 - 06:48 PM

Okay let's be honest... Once iPhone hits Verizon say BYE BYE to the other smart phones.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#55 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,231 posts

Posted December 12, 2010 - 09:07 PM

Okay let's be honest... Once iPhone hits Verizon say BYE BYE to the other smart phones.

Why?

21lsbya.jpg

#56 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,690 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 13, 2010 - 02:34 AM

Can the mods please lock this thread?

It's become more into a "which cell phone should I buy" discussion, rather than anything Lakers related.

We are on holiday :)

Edited by netlord, December 13, 2010 - 02:34 AM.

Posted Image

#57 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,824 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 13, 2010 - 03:58 PM

You're comparing apples to oranges when you're comparing a BlackBerry and iPhone.

No, you're comparing Apple to Blackberry

#58 SHOaks

SHOaks

GO LAKERS!

• 561 posts
  • Fan Since:The Dark Days, 04-05
  • Fav. Laker:Anyone not named Kwame Brown

Posted December 13, 2010 - 07:59 PM

Shouldn't this be in OT?:P Anyways get an android phone or iPhone.
working on my sig...

#59 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 14, 2010 - 07:34 PM

Get a droid 2 like me. It's awesome!

#60 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24