Photo

What cellphones do the Lakers players use?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,244 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted December 09, 2010 - 03:27 PM

I know this is completely random and stupid, but I'm stuck between getting an iPhone or a Blackberry, and since I can't decide, I'm going to let the Lakers play a role in my chioce. Any of you have any idea what phones they use? :laughing:

#2 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts
  • Fan Since:Since 96
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Hobe

Posted December 09, 2010 - 03:36 PM

OK you wont need the Lakers for this one.
I was a blackberry dude for years and when I switched to the IPhone, I was disgusted knowing I EVER had a Blackberry.
Its like comparing atari to 360.
Seriously.
All the BB offers is bbm and its gay anyways, Iphone offers tons of instant message apps like KIK for free which anyone with any kind of cell can use.

Trust me bro, Iphone rapes BB.
Just watching some of my friends browse the web makes me throw up in my mouth seriously.
I jailbroke mine and the apps are free and the themes and designs that are free are endless.

Check my home screen:

Posted Image

My screen when its charging:

Posted Image

They got a Lakers app also which gives you everything you need to know about our team including FAST updated interviews and highlights that you can watch, heres the highlight screen:

Posted Image

Heres my dialer:

Posted Image

My best friend just switched from a BB to an Iphone and he works for RIM lol no joke.

Edited by RayRay, December 09, 2010 - 04:00 PM.

only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,165 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 09, 2010 - 03:48 PM

Get a Palm Pre 2 unlocked, or wait for the new Palm devices (a new all touch slab is coming this year) After using blackberry, iphone, android & windows phone 7 nothing compares to webOS. It's the closest you get to feeling like your actually multitasking like a computer & it looks great.

My Theme:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh n notifications don't come up in the middle of the screen stopping whatever u r doing

Posted Image

I have a app called sports live which puts the live scores in my notification bar like a espn ticker. So i can be playing 3d games like need for speed n just see the scores pop up on the bottom :)

But on the real, get a phone cuz you want it & it does what you like not because someone else has it. Go to the store & mess around with the ones they got there & usually you have 30 days to try the phone anyways.

Edited by Draztik Rhymez, December 09, 2010 - 04:06 PM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#4 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:10 PM

iPhones.

Posted Image

#5 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:10 PM

iPhones are overrated.

Just had to say it...

#6 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:12 PM

iPhones are overrated.

Just had to say it...

How? It is THE best phone man has ever created.

Posted Image

#7 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:18 PM

Has nothing to do with whether or not it's a good phone. Everyone freakin has it now and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. But then again I survive just fine without internet on my phone lol

#8 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:24 PM

It depends what you want

If you want a touch screen, great web browsing,and the most apps and games get an iphone.

If you want a phone thats great for messaging, organization, and more reliable/better call quality get a Blackberry.

I'm a rare person whos owned both Blackberry's and an iphone and I loved both of them, but since my iphone was stolen I use a Blackberry again and use an ipod touch for basically everything the iphone offers I get the best of both worlds ooooooowwwwww

Edited by nyclakerfan, December 09, 2010 - 04:42 PM.

#9 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:33 PM

@ Draztik, I got an app that is a quick reply for anything such as sms which does not stop ANYTHING your doing including games.
and when I mean games, I dont just mean games now, I mean SNES or any other emulator which you can also download free when jailbroke.
I play NBA Jam old school one and Mario bros, f-zero, contra, punchout u name it, if its on snes I got it lol all free.

Posted Image

Its picture is crystal clear, the photos do no justice.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#10 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:36 PM

Has nothing to do with whether or not it's a good phone. Everyone freakin has it now and I honestly don't see what the big deal is. But then again I survive just fine without internet on my phone lol

without internet?
wow caveman. lol
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#11 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,165 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:37 PM

@ Draztik, I got an app that is a quick reply for anything such as sms which does not stop ANYTHING your doing including games.
and when I mean games, I dont just mean games now, I mean SNES or any other emulator which you can also download free when jailbroke.
I play NBA Jam old school one and Mario bros, f-zero, contra, punchout u name it, if its on snes I got it lol all free.

Posted Image

Its picture is crystal clear, the photos do no justice.

Yea i have SNS, NES, Genesis, all gameboy's emulators with no jailbreaking.

Plus i've jailbroken (hacked) iphone, android & webOS. webOS was the easiest by far

How is it the best ever? Best at the time it first came out yes, but not anymore

21lsbya.jpg

#12 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:38 PM

It depends what you want

If you want a touch screen, great web browsing,and the most apps and games get an iphone.

If you want a phone thats great for messaging, organization, and more reliable/more reliable call quality get a Blackberry.

I'm a rare person whos owned both Blackberry's and an iphone and I loved both of them, but since my iphone was stolen I use a Blackberry again and use an ipod touch for basically everything the iphone offers I get the best of both worlds ooooooowwwwww

ya u pretty much summed it up.
businessmen prefer the BB, it is more reliable for those things but boring and ugly as ish.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#13 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:44 PM

Gotta say it... Android > ALL

Posted Image

#14 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 04:52 PM

without internet?
wow caveman. lol

Yah guess that's how I roll :laughing:

#15 RayRay

RayRay

Sixth Man

• 3,522 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 05:01 PM

Yea i have SNS, NES, Genesis, all gameboy's emulators with no jailbreaking.

Plus i've jailbroken (hacked) iphone, android & webOS. webOS was the easiest by far

How is it the best ever? Best at the time it first came out yes, but not anymore

Jailbreaking my iphone (3gs) and my sisters (iphone 4) took literally 4 minutes.
its a joke how easy it is.
only Kobe can stop Kobe.

#16 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,165 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 05:03 PM

Jailbreaking my iphone (3gs) and my sisters (iphone 4) took literally 4 minutes.

Yea, webOS took me 1 min seriously. All you do is enter a hidden phrase, restart & ur done

21lsbya.jpg

#17 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 05:05 PM

This should might as well be moved to the Technology sub-forum :laughing:

#18 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted December 09, 2010 - 05:22 PM

jailbreaking with iphone 3G[S] with 4.2.1 isnt as easy anymore :'(. if you want to jailbreak it right now, you need to use iPads 3.2.2 because it has the same bseband or something. then downgraded to 4.1 and jailbroke w/ 4.1

Edited by vong, December 09, 2010 - 05:28 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#19 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,165 posts

Posted December 09, 2010 - 05:58 PM

jailbreaking with iphone 3G[S] with 4.2.1 isnt as easy anymore :'(. if you want to jailbreak it right now, you need to use iPads 3.2.2 because it has the same bseband or something. then downgraded to 4.1 and jailbroke w/ 4.1

Exactly what I was thinking, I did this for my cousin to put a 3G onto T-mobile

21lsbya.jpg

#20 C'mon Kobe

C'mon Kobe

Rookie

• 388 posts
  • Name:Don
  • Fan Since:1990 - Present
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe I Magic Man

Posted December 09, 2010 - 07:07 PM

I came from a 2G/3G/3GS iPhone that was unlocked and jailbroken for the T-Mobile network. Loved it. Customizable, never ending apps, and most important, free paid apps. Only down fall was not being able to run 3G services due to the difference in towers between AT&T and T-Mobile. I grew old of it so i decided to pull the trigger. I sold my iPhone and made a switch to the darkside, Android. After owning a Galaxy S, Google Nexus One, and my soon to be Google Nexus S that is on pre-order, Android just seems more fulfilling to me. I love both phones, don't get me wrong, but I find the Android OS superior to the iOS. Having an iPhone is great, but people only seem to care for it as a "status" symbol if anything. Android is on it's way. Mark my words.

Gotta say it... Android > ALL

--------------------------------
- aka BSeriouS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users