#1 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:11 PM

Consumer Reports ranks AT&T America's worst carrier

Consumer Reports today named AT&T as the worst U.S. mobile service provider, but said its reader survey puts Apple's iPhone, which only uses AT&T, in a tie for first place with a trio of Samsung smartphones running Android.

The magazine's annual survey of over 58,000 subscribers ranked AT&T in last place -- as it was this time last year -- but showed that its overall score dropped significantly, widening the margin between it and the next-best carrier.

"AT&T was the only carrier with scores that dropped significantly in our satisfaction survey," said Consumer Reports in its ratings report. "AT&T is now positioned in last place overall and in almost every market we rate."

Continue Reading

Verizon Posted Image

#2 NYCLakerfan

NYCLakerfan

RIP

• 14,066 posts
  • Name:Joshua
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:12 PM

Not surprised

#3 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,063 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:16 PM

Not surprised

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 8,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:36 PM

I have an iPhone. I love the phone. I was forced to switch from Verizon to AT&T because everyone on my plan was doing that to get iPhone's, so I followed the trend.

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

I have no service whatsoever inside my house. None. I get emails and texts from friends going crazy that I haven't been picking up my phone. When I do have service, the 3G speed is very fast. But, all the dropped calls, calls that won't connect, texts that won't send, and no service in my area makes me go crazy.

The day that my AT&T contract is up, I'm going straight to Verizon and picking up the newest Android phone on the market, unless I convince myself to get a Blackberry later. Not going back to an iPhone. It's way too delicate for everyday use. I need a huge case smothering it just to make sure the screen won't crack if I drop it.

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:47 PM

I have an iPhone. I love the phone. I was forced to switch from Verizon to AT&T because everyone on my plan was doing that to get iPhone's, so I followed the trend.

Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

I have no service whatsoever inside my house. None. I get emails and texts from friends going crazy that I haven't been picking up my phone. When I do have service, the 3G speed is very fast. But, all the dropped calls, calls that won't connect, texts that won't send, and no service in my area makes me go crazy.

LMAO. If I made a post before you in this topic, it would be this exact post, minus the Verizon part.

I think my AT&T tower is in Africa, but I have no way of confirming this.

#6 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted December 07, 2010 - 12:52 PM

I don't know I haven't even encountered the email and the text messaging problems once = and I have the iPhone since the 1st gen was out. I went form 1st gen iPhone to iPhone 3GS and everything is fine. I might have like maybe on or two dropped calls like in a span of six months. I am satisfied with the service and I probably will get the iPhone 4 because of the Radio Shack deal which is trade in your 3GS get a 125$ discount on the iPhone which leaves you with 25$ to pay but the CA tax it comes out to atleast 75$ for an iPhone 4. AT&T has not been causing me problems as some of you described. Maybe it has to do with location but I don't know I guess I'm very lucky this hasn't happen me.
Posted Image

#7 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted December 07, 2010 - 01:11 PM

I have the iPhone 4, and don't have problems with service very often. I've always been on AT&T so I'm not sure how they measure up to the others but pretty much everywhere I've got a couple bars.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#8 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 01:51 PM

What does ATT think about this? They don't care. They just want you to bend over and take it, since they have iPhone exclusivity until God knows when.

On a serious note, I have an iPhone 4, and definitely have some instances of bad service. It's really not that bad, though. The goods of the hardware outweigh the occasionally bads of the service.

#9 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,456 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 01:59 PM

What does ATT think about this? They don't care. They just want you to bend over and take it, since they have iPhone exclusivity until God knows when.

On a serious note, I have an iPhone 4, and definitely have some instances of bad service. It's really not that bad, though. The goods of the hardware outweigh the occasionally bads of the service.

Apple did [expletive] up with the reception issues with the iPhone 4 and to supposedly fix this Apple gave out free iPhone 4 cases for a month.
Posted Image

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted December 07, 2010 - 02:32 PM

Not surprised

Pau Gasol is GONE

#11 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted December 07, 2010 - 02:38 PM

It is pretty terrible, but as long as the iPhone is around, AT&T is the company I'll be sticking with.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted December 07, 2010 - 02:42 PM

you don't have to have at&t to have the iphone

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

• 3,456 posts

Posted December 07, 2010 - 04:42 PM

you don't have to have at&t to have the iphone

True but you gotta jailbreak you iPhone then unlock it which many people do not know how to do.
Posted Image

#14 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,662 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 07, 2010 - 07:08 PM

interesting article...

droid incredible FTW

Posted Image

#15 soldier4death

soldier4death

Makaveli Trained GS

• 908 posts
  • Name:Ruben
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Me

Posted December 07, 2010 - 07:19 PM

I don't know I haven't even encountered the email and the text messaging problems once = and I have the iPhone since the 1st gen was out. I went form 1st gen iPhone to iPhone 3GS and everything is fine. I might have like maybe on or two dropped calls like in a span of six months. I am satisfied with the service and I probably will get the iPhone 4 because of the Radio Shack deal which is trade in your 3GS get a 125$ discount on the iPhone which leaves you with 25$ to pay but the CA tax it comes out to atleast 75$ for an iPhone 4. AT&T has not been causing me problems as some of you described. Maybe it has to do with location but I don't know I guess I'm very lucky this hasn't happen me.

In the five years I was using Verizon, I never had one dropped call.

#16 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,662 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted December 07, 2010 - 07:34 PM

i've been w/ t-mobile and verizon (mostly verizon) and have had my phone drop less than 5 calls since i've had a phone (somewhere around '02)

Posted Image

#17 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,165 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted December 07, 2010 - 07:57 PM

interesting article...

droid incredible FTW

yes... DROID ftw...

Posted Image
warning nasty image:
Spoiler

in a world where iPhone's dont explode on you.. DRIOD DOES!!! DROID!!
(at least no reports so far)

source: http://www.geekologi...id_you_were.php

i have not have a dropped call on my iPhone 4 YET. their service is ok to me. not too bad, not too good

Edited by vong, December 07, 2010 - 07:59 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#18 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,214 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted December 07, 2010 - 10:09 PM

Sprint FTW!!!

sprint tied verizon n even beat em in some areas

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#19 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted December 08, 2010 - 12:28 AM

Apple did [expletive] up with the reception issues with the iPhone 4 and to supposedly fix this Apple gave out free iPhone 4 cases for a month.

That was blown up so much by the media, and you gotta have a case on anyways to protect the phone from drops (the whole thing is made of glass, good job Apple).
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#20 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted December 08, 2010 - 01:35 AM

I got ATT... yea sucks.

I don't even have an iPhone, just some random [expletive]. I want a Droid but I'm not cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users