Photo

is this the type of attitude we want

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 JD

JD

Just an Old Relic

• 967 posts
  • Location:Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death…
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted October 02, 2008 - 01:06 AM

Then my suggestion to Odom, would be to learn how to stay focused over the course of a game.

zombies.jpg

#22 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 02, 2008 - 06:15 AM

Odom has never struck me as a smart dude. He probably just doesn't see the advantages to playing off the bench. Once Phil explains his reasoning to Lamar, he shouldn't have much of a problem anymore...

#23 Rick

Rick

Rookie

• 82 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 07:17 AM

How can anyone as nice as LO is draw so much hate? I hope he does well in his new role. He's done nothing but bend his game to fit our system from day one, and to be quite frank, it's been like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. But is that his fault? NO! Phil Jackson wasn't here when we signed him! it's got to be frustrating for him, but he always does his best, he plays through injuries and plays his hardest to fill in the gaps on our team. Give the guy a break man.

#24 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 09:43 AM

Holy misinterpretation last stand.

Sounds to me like Lamar wants to be on the court because the obvious reason is that it'll be fun playing this year.

I think everyone is so used to the drama days with Shaquille here that you can't believe that this team has no issues and is getting along famously (Coaching staff and players alike). Lamar just wants to be a part of this possibly historic team. There's nothing wrong with that.

I love how if Lamar doesn't agree to go to the bench, he's selfish. If he does agree, then he's being manipulative.

Cut the guy a break already - he's a damn good player and will be even better as the #4 on the court.

This was my initial reaction when reading his quote. But when this thread popped up, and I analyzed his quote further (or probably over-analyzed), I began to think it was about his contract. Not that it matters to me anyways. I understand the NBA is a business and am all for players who want to prove they deserve a good contract. Every bit of motivation helps.

#25 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 02, 2008 - 03:34 PM

imo Lamar needs to prove himself to be in this picture.

Posted Image
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#26 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 08:53 PM

Just saw the actual interview, and yes he definitely was talking about his contract year. But he is also most definitely dedicated to this team.

#27 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted October 02, 2008 - 09:07 PM

He also do not want to let a possible championship slip by his hands....he's gonna go 100% for this year I'm sure of it.

#28 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 02, 2008 - 09:10 PM

fido,

That's giving any human being too much credit. It's OBVIOUS he's talking about his contract year...OBVIOUS.

To suggest that LO isn't as concerned about his NON-EXTENSION, LAST YEAR contract as he is concerned about having FUN with this team is border-line canonization. He's NOT a saint. This is a business and this is a contract year. If he wants to earn his next contract, he NEEDS to be ON THE COURT.

Playing with 3 STARS would make him look so much better than having to EARN the paycheck off the bench.

Lamar's a good dude but to think his CONTRACT isn't at the FOREFRONT of his mind right now is a little naive...having FUN is WAY down on the list...or at least, in his case, it should be.

I love this quote by Phil:

"Motivated? I don't know. I've never seen Lamar motivated before," he said, laughing.

:lolabove: :rock: :rock: :rock: :dance2: :tease: :punk: :bow: :dance1: :clap2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users