is this the type of attitude we want

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 06:46 PM

lamar odom: "whatever he wants, I guess I would do, Odom said. But I wouldn't suggest (a reserve role), especially in a year where I want to be on the court for obvious reasons."

i mean i know money is in short supply right now but with this team we do not need personal agendas

i'm not saying trade him this instant but i wouldn't be opposed to a sign and trade for ben gordon right about now

again i understand where hes coming from but for how overpayed he is probably the most overpayed glue guy in sports history he should do whatever the hell they want him to

also he has revealed his hand he wants money which means he wont take a pay cut which means he has to go

if we keep him whats going to happen is we'll get one really good year out of him and then he'll disappear for the remainder of his new contract

hes making a threat if you can't tell i don't like it

Edited by last stand 2.0, October 01, 2008 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

#2 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 01, 2008 - 06:50 PM

It just appears to me that Lamar is desperately trying to hold onto his place on the Lakers. He does want money, but I think what matters to him more is staying on this team, as he's said many times in the past that he just wants to be a Laker for the rest of his career.

I don't know what to say really about Lamar beyond I just hope the locker room atmosphere is what it was like last year.
"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#3 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 06:54 PM

^^ he was making a blatant threat saying i wouldn't put me on the bench because i'm in my contract year

basically saying while he may have not performed before he will this year because he wants to make money
Posted Image

#4 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted October 01, 2008 - 06:57 PM

Stop overreacting.

LMAO @ Ben Gordon for Odom. :lol:

#5 Guest_Nyla_*

Guest_Nyla_*

Posted October 01, 2008 - 06:59 PM

At least he's admitting it then. :lol:

#6 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:01 PM

Stop overreacting.

LMAO @ Ben Gordon for Odom. :lol:

not saying its ideal but i wouldn't oppose it

also regarding lamar for a guy who has done nothing but disappoint during his tenure

(dont get me wrong i like the guy) he sure has a lot of demands when he has done nothing to earn that right and now hes basically hinting that he hasn't played well before but will this year to get money

you may not overreact but it shows me that lamar will not be here next year therefore significantly dropping our talent level with noone to trade for his replacement
Posted Image

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:04 PM

At least he's admitting it then. :lol:

probably the only bright side to his attitude maybe we can get someone who cares more about winning than his spot on the team or his paycheck

how come i never heard ginobili question his place on the spurs

if lamar is as good as he thinks he is he should be excited to have the oppurtunity to dominate 2nd units and help this team strengthen its bench

money and starting spot is obviously ahead of a championship on lamar's list
Posted Image

#8 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:24 PM

That's because Lamar is a starter. No way he should come off the bench. ^_^

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:38 PM

or maybe he was a bench player who should have never been a starter to begin with

J/K

i think hes a very good player but that is not the attitude we need on this team

i want 15 selfless guys with 1 goal dynasty
Posted Image

#10 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:43 PM

Nah he's not a bench player. I do think he's overpaid though but I can understand why he wouldn't want to start. It doesn't always mean he has a bad attitude or anything. It could also just simply mean that maybe he doesn't think he's appreciated enough.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#11 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:51 PM

It could also just simply mean that maybe he doesn't think he's appreciated enough.

I'm sure he wasn't too happy when they called over Kobe, Pau, and Andrew for a star photo, especially since it was him in that photo with Kobe the past 4 years...
Posted Image

#12 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:55 PM

I don't know, it could be a possibility. But then again it's just promotional pictures so it might not be such a big deal. Besides all the hype that is surrounding Bynum and their semi-recently acquired player, Pau (only been on the team since February), they probably figured it would be nice to get some photos of them along with Kobe (as leader of the team).

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#13 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'm sure he wasn't too happy when they called over Kobe, Pau, and Andrew for a star photo, especially since it was him in that photo with Kobe the past 4 years...
Posted Image

thats what i was joking about in the media day thread to funny huh

i was saying how odom was probably like

"hey wait a minute wasn't that me in those pictures like a year ago"

he had his shot to be a primetime laker hes blown it spectacularly thus far
Posted Image

#14 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 08:00 PM

I don't know, it could be a possibility. But then again it's just promotional pictures so it might not be such a big deal. Besides all the hype that is surrounding Bynum and their semi-recently acquired player, Pau (only been on the team since February), they probably figured it would be nice to get some photos of them along with Kobe (as leader of the team).

well according to his quote that kind of stuff seems to matter to him

instead he should be excited to be a part of possibly one of the greatest constructed teams in NBA history not trying to bring it down with his selfishness
Posted Image

#15 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 08:04 PM

I guess, I can't tell you since I don't know what goes on in other people's heads. :lol: It could've been a spur of the moment thing where he was just expressing what he was feeling at that certain time. Sometimes you let the emotions get the best of you and you don't realize what you've really said until later. It could also be that he might be displeased but he wasn't intentionally trying to show he has a selfish attitude or anything. Sometimes you might say things that might come out differently than expected or interpreted the wrong way.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#16 ReaListik

ReaListik

Rookie

• 222 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 09:14 PM

I guess, I can't tell you since I don't know what goes on in other people's heads. :lol: It could've been a spur of the moment thing where he was just expressing what he was feeling at that certain time. Sometimes you let the emotions get the best of you and you don't realize what you've really said until later. It could also be that he might be displeased but he wasn't intentionally trying to show he has a selfish attitude or anything. Sometimes you might say things that might come out differently than expected or interpreted the wrong way.

Yeah I can see what you're saying. I still think Lamar's just a guy who wants to be a Laker. In judging from his past interviews, it would seem that Lamar is more like a teddy bear inside than an intimidating personality.

Lamar has stated previously that if he were to be placed as 6th man, he would do it if it meant winning the title. That is the exact opposite of what is being said now. I can't read his mind, but it does seem like he's worried about not returning to the Lakers after this season, and that could very well be playing a big role in why he's coming out on the offensive.

Edited by ReaListik, October 01, 2008 - 09:15 PM.

"We are the goodest" - Shaq during an interview on ESPN.

#17 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 09:25 PM

Yeh, he might just be trying to prove himself. I still want Lamar on this team and don't want him to go anywhere. Although I still think he gets overpaid, I can understand why he could be frustrated. Sometimes you just have to picture yourself in their shoes and things might make more sense. I might have voiced some displeasure as well if I found out I might be moved to the bench.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#18 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,924 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted October 01, 2008 - 11:09 PM

Holy misinterpretation last stand.

Sounds to me like Lamar wants to be on the court because the obvious reason is that it'll be fun playing this year.

I think everyone is so used to the drama days with Shaquille here that you can't believe that this team has no issues and is getting along famously (Coaching staff and players alike). Lamar just wants to be a part of this possibly historic team. There's nothing wrong with that.

I love how if Lamar doesn't agree to go to the bench, he's selfish. If he does agree, then he's being manipulative.

Cut the guy a break already - he's a damn good player and will be even better as the #4 on the court.

#19 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,132 posts

Posted October 01, 2008 - 11:16 PM

Holy misinterpretation last stand.

Sounds to me like Lamar wants to be on the court because the obvious reason is that it'll be fun playing this year.

I think everyone is so used to the drama days with Shaquille here that you can't believe that this team has no issues and is getting along famously (Coaching staff and players alike). Lamar just wants to be a part of this possibly historic team. There's nothing wrong with that.

I love how if Lamar doesn't agree to go to the bench, he's selfish. If he does agree, then he's being manipulative.

Cut the guy a break already - he's a damn good player and will be even better as the #4 on the court.

very possible

first time i read it sounded like money desires

but i guess in a way it could be title hopes

i like lamar but as i said earlier i want 15 unselfish players
Posted Image

#20 Synergy

Synergy

The Only Suns Fan On TLN

• 1,027 posts

Posted October 02, 2008 - 12:00 AM

I don't see why he should be with the Lakers if he can't even accept being on the bench at the start of a game. I mean even if he isn't a starter he'll be getting decent minutes. I think the Phil should decide whether he should be a starter or whether he should be a reserve.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users