AndyC

TLN UK Representative

• 944 posts
  • Name:Andrew Clark
  • Fan Since:2004
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Lamar

Posted November 23, 2010 - 11:27 AM

Posted Image

Living in the UK I never got a change to watch Mike Mizanin on the real world, the first time I saw him was in October of 2004 when he was a contestant on WWE’s $1000000 Tough Enough. I remember rooting for him throughout the season and not really seeing much in the eventual winner Daniel Puder (what ever happened to that guy?) I didn’t see Mizanin until a year later, after his return from developmental he appeared on WWE TV as the host of smackdown and then onto host the Diva search on Raw. Within the coming months he began to wrestle under the Miz Character he had created years ago on The Real World. He was billed as a comedy “Santino Marella-esq” type of guy that was mocked by then announcer JBL every week. I never really thought much about the Miz other that he was that guy who should have won Tough Enough, until he started to team up with John Morrison in 2007. Him and Morrison where often the most entertaining part of the show. Over the next year or 2 Miz/Morrison continued to team up and eventully would break up in April 09. A short mini-rivalry with John Cena would bring him up a level. A US title run brought him up another level, I remember a promo he had on Raw at the very begining of 2010 with MVP; that really set him apart from all the other mid carders, this was when I knew Miz had something different from the rest. Him long run with the US title would eventully lead him to winning MITB this past July. This ment it was only a matter of time until he became champ. Ever since winning MITB he continued to improved week after week both in the ring and on the mic like no wrestler I have ever seen before. I had a feeling that Miz would cash in at this past Sundays PPV the Survivor Series, and I had read an article written by Mizanin from when he first started wrestling earlier that day.

“Be good, Be bad, Be miz. That’s the saying… Why you ask? I created a character called The Miz because of a feeling I get. Everyone has a Miz in them. People fear bringing their MIZ out because of what everyone’s reaction may be. They care too much about what people think instead of being themselves. That fear, that feeling of being scared is what gives MIZ it’s amo! Whether it’s the fear of approaching someone you desire in a bar for the first time, bungee jumping, sky diving, or just plain old fear of anything, it’s allowing yourself to be scared! But when you are being Miz, you step up to that fear and turn that knot in your stomach into energy which then turns to adrenaline which builds up and builds up until you explode. And that my friends is when you are being “MIZ.” The Miz is bringing out that raw, primal side. The side that has no judgements that is just you. It doesn’t care what people think or how they’ll react. The Miz steps up to that fear and shoves it right up someone’s [expletive]. Some people say “Be yourself.” I say Be good. Be bad. BE MIZ.”

Miz did not cash in at the Survivor Series as I predicted, but Last night on Raw he did. I have never been so happy to see a wrestler win the title. It was well deserved by a man that proved that hard work pays off … I was going to end this right there but it has to be done.

Because he’s The Miz and he’s Awesommmeeee !

Phil's last stand will be his greatest of all !
@andrewc316

#2 AndyC

AndyC

TLN UK Representative

• 944 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 11:28 AM

Posted this twice by accident.
@andrewc316

#3 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 23, 2010 - 11:45 AM

lol

#4 AndyC

AndyC

TLN UK Representative

• 944 posts

Posted November 23, 2010 - 04:36 PM

@andrewc316

#5 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,317 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted November 23, 2010 - 05:00 PM

excited much andy haha!

so cena is gone and miz is champ finally a change damn!

#6 AndyC

AndyC

TLN UK Representative

• 944 posts

Posted November 24, 2010 - 04:44 PM

excited much andy haha!

so cena is gone and miz is champ finally a change damn!

Hahaha, Yeah, ive been telling ppl about this guy for years now, I knew he would become champ one day.
@andrewc316

#7 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted November 24, 2010 - 05:16 PM

lol

#8 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,579 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted November 26, 2010 - 01:44 PM

Miz's wrestling skill doesn't impress me. But he's a good heel. For some reason he annoys me. He's the only heel that can annoy me.

#9 AndyC

AndyC

TLN UK Representative

• 944 posts

Posted November 26, 2010 - 03:03 PM

Miz's wrestling skill doesn't impress me. But he's a good heel. For some reason he annoys me. He's the only heel that can annoy me.

He's doing a good job then lol
@andrewc316

#10 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted November 30, 2010 - 11:02 PM

He's doing a good job then lol

Sure is. Heels usually entertain me. But Miz's heelish persona annoys the hell outta me. Even Michael Cole's new character annoys the hell outta me.

#11 Odomite

Odomite

Rookie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Drew

Posted December 01, 2010 - 12:12 AM

Its good to see a hard working wrestler holding the title again. Miz deserves it. I dont like him but thats the magic of pro wrestling, you have to respect the guy even if hes a heel.

Cant wait until HHH returns though.

#12 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted December 26, 2010 - 03:10 AM

no disrespect andy, no offense. but i think The Miz is the worst heel/champion of all time. but then again, that's just me. :laughing:

#13 Yaboy

Yaboy

Sixth Man

• 3,886 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 29, 2010 - 11:42 PM

Haven't watched WWE in a LONGGG time, But Miz a champion??? wtf haha i always thought he was a douchbag .. ever since i seen him on the real world or whatever.... smh from guys like HHH, Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, ETC to Miz?? wow lol

de__anthony_thomas_by_eksde-d5e4v29.png

"Love me or hate me it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, hate my swagger, hate my fade-away, my hunger, hate that i'm a veteran, A champion, hate that. Hate it with all your heart, and hate that i'm loved for the exact same reasons." - Kobe

#14 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&#

• 23,090 posts
  • Name:Kyler Hay
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Nash.Young, Farmar

Posted December 29, 2010 - 11:46 PM

Sure is. Heels usually entertain me. But Miz's heelish persona annoys the hell outta me. Even Michael Cole's new character annoys the hell outta me.

Michael Cole's character changed? what you mean

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#15 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,579 posts

Posted January 06, 2011 - 12:51 PM

Michael Cole's character changed? what you mean

Cole is a heel commentator now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users