• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:30 PM

Does anyone else here, other than me, feels Phil's coaching methods aren't working anymore?

It was unsatisfactory for me in the NBA finals...I'm still pissed that he didn't prepare our guys mentally for the challenge of playing on the big stage.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#2 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,827 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted July 28, 2008 - 03:38 PM

Does anyone else here, other than me, feels Phil's coaching methods aren't working anymore?

It was unsatisfactory for me in the NBA finals...I'm still pissed that he didn't prepare our guys mentally for the challenge of playing on the big stage.

I agree, I don't think Phil did a good job coaching the Lakers in any of the games, especially that horrendous game 4. I mean, he put in Chris Mihm during the Finals having not used him since December. I dont' think he's the only person to blame though. I also blame the team for Kobe-watching way too often during the series. How many times did Kobe have to go one on five against the Celtics? That does not get it done...

They forgot how to pass and create for eachother. The only point in that series where they remembered how they used to play was the first half of game 4. Then, they forgot how to play...again :)

I think everyone has some blame in the Lakers losing to the C's.

#3 Vudoo

Vudoo

Vlad's Warm Fleece Blanket

• 368 posts

Posted July 28, 2008 - 04:41 PM

I would never question a guy with 3 or 4 rings not to mention 9 rings like P-Jax.
My computer is broken so I'm not on as much...

#4 baytanboy

baytanboy

Rookie

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille O'neal

Posted July 28, 2008 - 10:47 PM

i think the triangle is still working..we still got to the finals.

basketball is a game of adjustments..so i think if a particular run by our opponents did materialize, coach phil should adjust to it, not necessarily using the triangle the whole 48 minutes...

#5 sega

sega

Rookie

• 242 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Tyronn Lue

Posted July 29, 2008 - 12:51 AM

Phil Jackson is probably one of the best preparation coaches of all time and he has a true understanding of the game, but hes slow to making in game adjustments IMO. Slow to call timeout, slow to make necessary substitutions, and slow to changing strategies. Not very motivational during games.

Great coach pre game but he falls asleep in game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users