40 replies to this topic

#21 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:13 PM

yeah man, i'm sorry i don't know you're reputation as the world's best debater. i never got the memo.

not popular or highly active? according to my calculations, it has 2201.64 PPD, compared to TLN's 906.5. hmmm. and i can provide you plenty more evidence if you like? that was the first one i thought of.

what you wrre qucik to dismiss as 'crap evidence' is actually the truth. ask RD, because i know he feels the same about this as i do. he even brings up the same points as me "Ask the RSZ members how groans work over there. You can go into some topics and see people "groaning" others' posts for no reason at all, only because they have done the same to others...and it got out of hand QUICKLY." :) why don't you take himseriously... or is he not worthy of the WORLD'S GREATEST DEBATER'S patience either?

Well nice to see you having to reduce to mocking me, hypocrite.

Did I say TLN was a large forum community? I know Insidehoops is. Go have fun comparing that.

I'm waiting for the evidence sir. That's why I'm here. The thing you posted was really stupid.

Truth? It's an opinionated post. Do you know what that means? You can't argue with just opinions. Can you have a 10 page argumentative debate of me liking apples and you liking grapes and at the same time be serious?

I'd take RD's opinion over yours that's for sure. He runs this forum and had another one I believe. His and other major forum owners, admins and mods will definitely get more of my attention than yours. No offense.

How about you actually reply to one of my arguments instead of just hiding away or just replying with witty repetitive lingo?

#22 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:16 PM

How about you actually reply to one of my arguments instead of just hiding away or just replying with witty repetitive lingo?

How about you stop getting all menstrual over everything I say? Or everything anyone says for that matter.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#23 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:20 PM

Well nice to see you having to reduce to mocking me, hypocrite.

Did I say TLN was a large forum community? I know Insidehoops is. Go have fun comparing that.

I'm waiting for the evidence sir. That's why I'm here. The thing you posted was really stupid.

Truth? It's an opinionated post. Do you know what that means? You can't argue with just opinions. Can you have a 10 page argumentative debate of me liking apples and you liking grapes and at the same time be serious?

I'd take RD's opinion over yours that's for sure. He runs this forum and had another one I believe. His and other major forum owners, admins and mods will definitely get more of my attention than yours. No offense.

how can i not mock you when you start talking about how great of a debater you are :laughing:

i don't care about Insidehoops, because it's much much bigger than TLN so it's not going to be the same.

why don't you look around the board? there are tons of posts where people just groan and move on. it's hard not to find any... do you want me to find you some sports related posts like that? but most sports related discussions are opinionated too, so that kinda ruins that.

and none taken, that's natural they will get more attention since they have obviously been chosen to moderate for a good reason ;) i'm just saying from that post RD feels the same as i do about neg. rep, and largely for the same reasons.

Posted Image

#24 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,089 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:20 PM

Wow and someone wanted a "-" system.. :laughing:

#25 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:22 PM

imagine this, but in allmost every topic.

there's your negative rep system.

Posted Image

#26 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:25 PM

how can i not mock you when you start talking about how great of a debater you are :laughing:

i don't care about Insidehoops, because it's much much bigger than TLN so it's not going to be the same.

why don't you look around the board? there are tons of posts where people just groan and move on. it's hard not to find any... do you want me to find you some sports related posts like that? but most sports related discussions are opinionated too, so that kinda ruins that.

and none taken, that's natural they will get more attention since they have obviously been chosen to moderate for a good reason ;) i'm just saying from that post RD feels the same as i do about neg. rep, and largely for the same reasons.

Did I say I was a great debater? I didn't really. I meant it as I won't back down and I'll eventually own you. Call me blindly confident. :laughing:

Insidehoops is kinda what the forum is aiming for though. A successful community. So ofcourse I'd use it as an example.

I'd rather not. I'd rather just wait for you to do that.

I'm waiting for RD or someone like that.

imagine this, but in allmost every topic.

there's your negative rep system.

RJ was joking, Windu is mad. Doubt it'd be that much trouble.

Edited by Batz, November 09, 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#27 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:27 PM

Did I say I was a great debater? I didn't really. I meant it as I won't back down and I'll eventually own you. Call me blindly confident. :laughing:

Insidehoops is kinda what the forum is aiming for though. A successful community. So ofcourse I'd use it as an example.

I'd rather not. I'd rather just wait for you to do that.

I'm waiting for RD or someone like that.

allright fine, i just found it funny lol.

you want sports related, or just non-opinionated content in general? i can get you a couple posts, can't be bothered to do much more because it's not the most exciting job in the world.

and RD commented about this on his board (http://www.otrbasket...post__p__202980), chances are he will just repeat the same here.

EDIT: while i'm in a topic about rep, could we get a way to remove +1s? like if we click it by accident or something?

Edited by Lil' Penny, November 09, 2010 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:34 PM

could we get a way to remove +1s? like if we click it by accident or something?

I was wondering about this too

Pau Gasol is GONE

#29 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted November 09, 2010 - 01:16 PM

[expletive] +1, -1. Get rid of it all.

People know which posters have good rep, and which posters have bad rep. You don't need a +500 reputation or -100 to tell you that.

Edited by Base, November 09, 2010 - 01:18 PM.

#30 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 03:42 PM

But if we had -1s... Windu's +1s from posting big booties would start disappearing from the -1s he gets any time he tries to speak basketball. It wouldn't be fair to him.

I would like the -1 system, especially now since you can see who gives rep. And if we see people abusing it, report it to the mods to get their privileges taken away.

The only thing is that TLN is full of sissies who cry about every little thing, and also some stupid people, so it wouldn't work out as well as on another site where people aren't as sensitive. People will start -1ing others back and also PM mods about getting -1ed for legit reasons.

#31 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 06:40 PM

seriously doubt this will happen anytime soon...just puttin that out there

Posted Image

#32 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 07:41 PM

But if we had -1s... Windu's +1s from posting big booties would start disappearing from the -1s he gets any time he tries to speak basketball. It wouldn't be fair to him.

I would like the -1 system, especially now since you can see who gives rep. And if we see people abusing it, report it to the mods to get their privileges taken away.

The only thing is that TLN is full of sissies who cry about every little thing, and also some stupid people, so it wouldn't work out as well as on another site where people aren't as sensitive. People will start -1ing others back and also PM mods about getting -1ed for legit reasons.

You spend too much time worrying about what I post. Over and over again, you make the same tired and weak comments about the hot girls thread; you talk about it more than I do. Be interesting to see just how many -1s you could rack up over time considering the quality of your posts...or lack thereof.

The last part of your post is just an example of your problem: This isn't about being sensitive (which you are)...this is about posting within the forum's guidelines.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#33 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 07:56 PM

Bad idea. The + system gives props to people who post content other people agree with or like. A - system? It would be abused almost too easily. People here would negative rep posters they don't like. Guaranteed.

+1 = Hey, I agree with what you said. Wow, what you posted was pretty cool.

-1 = May Zeus have mercy on your soul. You suck. Your ideas suck. Your pets probably suck too. I hate you.

#34 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:01 PM

-1 = May Zeus have mercy on your soul. You suck. Your ideas suck. Your pets probably suck too. I hate you.

:laughing:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#35 Niss

Niss

Retired Lead Mod

• 713 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:23 PM

Not going to happen anytime soon on TLN.

A negative rep system would cause more problems and drama on the site.

#36 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 08:55 PM

You spend too much time worrying about what I post. Over and over again, you make the same tired and weak comments about the hot girls thread; you talk about it more than I do. Be interesting to see just how many -1s you could rack up over time considering the quality of your posts...or lack thereof.

The last part of your post is just an example of your problem: This isn't about being sensitive (which you are)...this is about posting within the forum's guidelines.

I didn't say anything bad about the hot girls thread son, just that most your +1s are from there and not from actual bball posts.

Nice try on the rest of your post :laughing:

It would be cool to do a test run for this, but yea since people are opposed to it, you already know there will be problems.

#37 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 09:12 PM

I didn't say anything bad about the hot girls thread son, just that most your +1s are from there and not from actual bball posts.

Nice try on the rest of your post :laughing:

It would be cool to do a test run for this, but yea since people are opposed to it, you already know there will be problems.

Dude, cut the [expletive]. It's obvious what you're saying. You do it all the time. Jocking Lebron James doesn't make you have good basketball knowledge.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#38 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 12:19 AM

Dude, cut the [expletive]. It's obvious what you're saying. You do it all the time. Jocking Lebron James doesn't make you have good basketball knowledge.

Again, read my post, it's obvious I didn't say anything bad about you posting hot chicks, just was implying that that's the only value you provide at all to the forum. And you can say I jock Lebron, I can say I don't, either way the evidence is all over the forums. Anyone can see where your biases lie. And I have like 10000000000x more bball knowledge than you, but again no point in just saying it, people can read our posts and see the truth since you post "Who?" to most lesser known players and think Bosh's defense is incredible.

And I wouldn't sign that one petition to get you banned, we need people like you on the site, wouldn't be fun if everyone knew their stuff right? But then again, Yao Ming almost played every game last year.

;)

#39 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted November 10, 2010 - 12:23 AM

This is [expletive]ing childish. A reason why we don't have a negative rep system. Just because of a little criticism, people go on and on and on and take away from the topic at hand. I would hate to hear people [expletive] about why they got a -1 and take away from the conversation.

Sure, Windu may have more +1's than me, but I think I am a more reputable poster when it comes to Lakers talk and even NBA talk than he is after all this is a Lakers forum (Basketball) and not an off topic one. It's known and I don't need the +1's to show it, or for to get other peoples attention.

If we do implement a -1 system you should get -1 from your rep for each negative you dish out just to deter people from giving -1 to every post of the person they hate. Because the only people childish enough to even give -1 to each post to the people who they hate are the people who actually give a damn about the rep system.

Edited by Base, November 10, 2010 - 12:25 AM.

#40 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,183 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 06:17 AM

Again, read my post, it's obvious I didn't say anything bad about you posting hot chicks, just was implying that that's the only value you provide at all to the forum. And you can say I jock Lebron, I can say I don't, either way the evidence is all over the forums. Anyone can see where your biases lie. And I have like 10000000000x more bball knowledge than you, but again no point in just saying it, people can read our posts and see the truth since you post "Who?" to most lesser known players and think Bosh's defense is incredible.

And I wouldn't sign that one petition to get you banned, we need people like you on the site, wouldn't be fun if everyone knew their stuff right? But then again, Yao Ming almost played every game last year.

;)

lol.

You're trying really hard. It's funny though to see you of all people claiming these things. My value in an online forum? Are you that out of touch with reality? Hell, you spend half your time here slobbering Lebron James nuts, other times you're hating on Kobe, other times you're arguing with Real Deal, and the rest you spend hounding my posts. Don't self-incriminate yourself because the evidence is definitely all over the forums. You're simply having a [expletive] fit because some of your buddies aren't here anymore to laugh at your weak posts and to predictably agree with everything you say (which is where you have gotten your +1s). I've never cared about the system; didn't even know what it was for a long time. This isn't middle school dude; you act like you have some kind of cool online status because you bump heads with the powers that be on this wesite; that don't mean [expletive] and you're too [expletive]ing immature to get it.

Don't talk to me about knowledge of ANY kind with regards to you and I. [expletive]ing insulting to think you of all people have more knowledge about anything, let alone basketball, than me...or anyone else for that matter. It's the same people who are always stroking their own dicks talking about how much basketball IQ they have when in actuality, they don't know [expletive].

There was a petition to get me banned? By larry? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Wowwwwww, who would have ever thought that? I'm sure you and your online cliques have tried very hard to get me banned. lol. You're such a [expletive] kid.

Edited by Windu, November 10, 2010 - 06:33 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users