40 replies to this topic

#1 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:16 AM

Like how there's a + system, add an alternative - system. Just seems right to add it.

#2 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,089 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:16 AM

I think there was some discussion about this before and if I remmeber right.. most agreed it wouldn't be a good idea. It's just gonna create hell :laughing:

#3 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:24 AM

I think there was some discussion about this before and if I remmeber right.. most agreed it wouldn't be a good idea. It's just gonna create hell :laughing:

In what way?

#4 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts
  • Name:Super Stud
  • Fav. Laker:Nick, Gary

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:24 AM

i'll say what i said on OTR, no, don't do it. it takes away from discussion... people don't care for explaining to someone why they're wrong, they just give them a -1 and move on. people abuse it by giving neg. rep to people not for the content of their post, but because of the poster. bad idea.

Posted Image

#5 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,572 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:25 AM

- this idea to prevent + drama

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#6 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,089 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:27 AM

In what way?

Basically what Lil Penny said. lol. Most are gonna give - points not for the content of the posts but for the poster. =\ It'll cause drama too. not sure if it would workt he same way as the +'s now where u can see how +'d these posts but if thats the case this will turn into a wreck lol.

#7 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:28 AM

i'll say what i said on OTR, no, don't do it. it takes away from discussion... people don't care for explaining to someone why they're wrong, they just give them a -1 and move on. people abuse it by giving neg. rep to people not for the content of their post, but because of the poster. bad idea.

Makes sense. But it's just an assumption. Has the system already been tested to see if the - will just take away from a discussion in a noticeable amount? If not I say give it a shot. Doesn't work out, which honeslty I doubt it won't, just remove it.

Edited by Batz, November 09, 2010 - 10:28 AM.

#8 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:29 AM

Makes sense. But it's just an assumption. Has the system already been tested to see if the - will just take away from a discussion in a noticeable amount? If not I say give it a shot. Doesn't work out, which honeslty I doubt it won't, just remove it.

http://realsportszone.com

used to haveno neg rep, only pos rep and discussion was 10x better.

(if posting that link is against the rules just say and ill take it down)

Edited by Lil' Penny, November 09, 2010 - 10:31 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:33 AM

http://realsportszone.com

used to haveno neg rep, only pos rep and discussion was 10x better.

It's vBulletin system. Old version too. But I doubt that neg rep has taken away from a discussion.

NBA Forum - Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Insidehoops. One of the largest basketball forums running on vBulletin on the web. Has a complete rep system. Discussion, debates and arguments are alive and kicking in there.

#10 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:38 AM

It's vBulletin system. Old version too. But I doubt that neg rep has taken away from a discussion.

NBA Forum - Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Insidehoops. One of the largest basketball forums running on vBulletin on the web. Has a complete rep system. Discussion, debates and arguments are alive and kicking in there.

you doubt that neg rep has taken away from discussion? it's laughable how you can say that when you never even registered there. i've been a member of CTS/RSZ since April and i can tell you it's taken away from discussion. back when it used to go by the name of CTS. they never had neg rep. that place had 10x better discussion. if someone made an idiotic post people would tell them why it was idiotic, now they will just neg rep and ignore it. check this post out from a couple days ago:
Posted Image
nobody has replied to my post to say "are you joking, that looks horrible" "you're wrong" or w/e. just groan/-1 the post and take their talents to another topic.

Posted Image

#11 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,352 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:46 AM

hmm ... It's a good idea, but I think people will misuse it .. Imagine a troll creates an accounts and starts giving -1's without a purpose ...

Edited by Saber, November 09, 2010 - 10:47 AM.

#12 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:48 AM

you doubt that neg rep has taken away from discussion? it's laughable how you can say that when you never even registered there. i've been a member of CTS/RSZ since April and i can tell you it's taken away from discussion. back when it used to go by the name of CTS. they never had neg rep. that place had 10x better discussion. if someone made an idiotic post people would tell them why it was idiotic, now they will just neg rep and ignore it. check this post out from a couple days ago:
Posted Image
nobody has replied to my post to say "are you joking, that looks horrible" "you're wrong" or w/e. just groan/-1 the post and take their talents to another topic.

So a "you're wrong" post is any better?

What in gods name are you guys even talking about? It's not wonder the conversion is dead, the topic sucks.

#13 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 10:54 AM

So a "you're wrong" post is any better?

What in gods name are you guys even talking about? It's not wonder the conversion is dead, the topic sucks.

wow, you know even less about this than i thought you did -_-

let me put this into simple terms for you:

1. Person A makes post
2. Person B disagrees with post

now, with no negative rep:

3. Person B tells Person A he disagrees with him
4. Person A says "how you figure"
5. Person B explains
6. Person A defends himself
discussion.

however, with negative rep:

3. Person B thinks to himself "idiot" and proceeds to give Person A -1 rep.
4. Topic dies, no discussion.

i don't see why you're not letting yourself understand this, because that's clearly it. it's not an impossible concept to grasp, it seems to me you just refuse to believe me, hence why you're talking about stuff that doesn't matter (like the subject of the post i posted)

Posted Image

#14 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:00 AM

wow, you know even less about this than i thought you did -_-

let me put this into simple terms for you:

1. Person A makes post
2. Person B disagrees with post

now, with no negative rep:

3. Person B tells Person A he disagrees with him
4. Person A says "how you figure"
5. Person B explains
6. Person A defends himself
discussion.

however, with negative rep:

3. Person B thinks to himself "idiot" and proceeds to give Person A -1 rep.
4. Topic dies, no discussion.

i don't see why you're not letting yourself understand this, because that's clearly it. it's not an impossible concept to grasp, it seems to me you just refuse to believe me, hence why you're talking about stuff that doesn't matter (like the subject of the post i posted)

You must've experienced this on a real crap forum...

hmm ... It's a good idea, but I think people will misuse it .. Imagine a troll creates an accounts and starts giving -1's without a purpose ...

Same scenario with + sytem. I can already tell Windu +in himself like crazy.

#15 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:04 AM

You must've experienced this on a real crap forum...

LOL. yeah, you have no response for me, you just make insults to another forum (despite the fact that it's proving why i'm right) and then ignoring my actual points.

you're the exact type of person who would just go around -1ing with no response or debate

Posted Image

#16 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:13 AM

LOL. yeah, you have no response for me, you just make insults to another forum (despite the fact that it's proving why i'm right) and then ignoring my actual points.

you're the exact type of person who would just go around -1ing with no response or debate

How long have you been on this forum? I'm a guy who'll - you and then completely destroy you in a debate. Ask anyone here. Hell go on the forum I posted, I'm active as hell in the NBA section getting into debates like crazy when I can just neg rep and dip like you supposedly believe I'm going to do.

I'm not taking you seriously because one, the forum you provided is not popular or highly active, two the evidence in the picture you provided was completely stupid. Girls in tights in boots gets on my turn on list. How are you supposed to respond to that in argumentative basis? Especially when it's just an opinionated topic.
So far you've given me a crap assumption, facepalm worthy 'evidence', and then a completely irrelevant scenerio, which again you assume is what is going to happen because I'm guessing you've experienced it on that forum of yours. So no, I'm not taking you seriously till you're abit worthy of my patience.

#17 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,019 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:30 AM

How long have you been on this forum? I'm a guy who'll - you and then completely destroy you in a debate. Ask anyone here. Hell go on the forum I posted, I'm active as hell in the NBA section getting into debates like crazy when I can just neg rep and dip like you supposedly believe I'm going to do.

I'm not taking you seriously because one, the forum you provided is not popular or highly active, two the evidence in the picture you provided was completely stupid. Girls in tights in boots gets on my turn on list. How are you supposed to respond to that in argumentative basis? Especially when it's just an opinionated topic.
So far you've given me a crap assumption, facepalm worthy 'evidence', and then a completely irrelevant scenerio, which again you assume is what is going to happen because I'm guessing you've experienced it on that forum of yours. So no, I'm not taking you seriously till you're abit worthy of my patience.

#18 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,740 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:34 AM

No u. :cry:

#19 SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

SHAQ WHERE YOU AT

cool kid

• 4,362 posts

Posted November 09, 2010 - 11:57 AM

yeah man, i'm sorry i don't know you're reputation as the world's best debater. i never got the memo.

not popular or highly active? according to my calculations, it has 2201.64 PPD, compared to TLN's 906.5. hmmm. and i can provide you plenty more evidence if you like? that was the first one i thought of.

what you wrre qucik to dismiss as 'crap evidence' is actually the truth. ask RD, because i know he feels the same about this as i do. he even brings up the same points as me "Ask the RSZ members how groans work over there. You can go into some topics and see people "groaning" others' posts for no reason at all, only because they have done the same to others...and it got out of hand QUICKLY." :) why don't you take himseriously... or is he not worthy of the WORLD'S GREATEST DEBATER'S patience either?

Posted Image

#20 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,180 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted November 09, 2010 - 12:02 PM

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users