Photo

Raptors Offer Three-Year, $36M Contract To Steve Nash (Pg. 4)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,703 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted November 05, 2010 - 11:47 AM

If Suns Crumble, Will They Trade Steve Nash?

Posted Image

There are new rumblings out of Phoenix if the Suns falter, Steve Nash will on the trading block. Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni and Amar'e Stoudemire would give their left lung to reunite with the veteran playmaker. Nash lives in SoHo in the summer and has given vibes about being intrigued about ending his career as a Knick.

"Nobody's untradeable," Steve Kerr said. "I know a year ago no way we would've considered that. But if a team struggles and looks like it won't be a playoff team, they have to consider all their options. But you can't just do it for the sake of doing it. You have to hit a home run. The reality is I don't see any deal put together for those two teams."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/nash_might_become_available_9NJXSZdMNcO8FR9cs1I0NI

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, November 10, 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 05, 2010 - 11:58 AM

They won't and they can't. If they do the arena will empty up quick and no one would want to come. Back in 2003 when they traded Marbury they had Amare still has a key future piece to be excited about, if Nash is traded away there's nothing left on the Suns roster to be excited about and his value on the market isn't high right now.

Edited by MDI, November 05, 2010 - 11:59 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,889 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 05, 2010 - 12:51 PM

Nash won't go anywhere.

Wait, did that article just cite a quote from Steve Kerr, who is no longer GM of the team to justify a slow news day rumor mill? Weak sauce.

#4 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted November 05, 2010 - 03:30 PM

Nash right now IS the Phoenix Suns, you can´t trade your franchise player, who is already going down hill, to get a crappy 2 or 3 players in return. If Nash was in his prime, you could expect to get at least a superstar and a good role player in return, but now, nobody will give the Suns a superstar, the best they can get is a 1st round pick.

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#5 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted November 10, 2010 - 02:53 PM

Alvin Gentry Discounts Steve Nash Trade Rumors

Suns coach Alvin Gentry says there's no truth to rumors that the team could trade point guard Steve Nash.

"Steve's not going to be traded, that I can tell you," Gentry told Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic. "If he's traded, I'm going along with him, OK?"

http://twitter.com/paulcoro/statuses/2436223691915266

#6 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted November 14, 2010 - 01:16 PM

Knicks Will Look Into Getting Steve Nash

Posted Image

The NBA trade-rumor mill has recently included Steve Nash's name, although that is viewed more as speculation than anything else. Still, the Knicks are going to do their due diligence, just in case the Suns are actually interested in moving the face of their franchise. The Knicks "will make an inquiry," one team source said regarding Nash's possible availability.

"If you can do something to make the team better, you do it," team president Donnie Walsh said, speaking in general terms about trades after the team's practice Saturday in Greenburgh. "That's pretty obvious. But in the meantime, you've got to play games, you've got to play the right way, you've got to get better and that's where we are.

"We have nine games and the pressure of that here in New York makes it even greater, like, 'Oh God, Rome is falling. It's burning,'" Walsh said. "And you know, you've got 73 more games. It's not time to be making proclamations from my standpoint. There's some things I like, there's some things I don't like because we're not doing them well."

Donnie Walsh: "I knew when I came up here it wasn't going to be an easy deal, all right?" he said. "It just isn't easy when you're rebuilding. It's not. It's not going to be easy. And it's my responsibility, so if there's anybody to blame, it's probably going to be me. I've told you guys, that's OK with me. I do know, I feel, that we are in a better position as we move forward with where we are now than where we came here and that's all I can say."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/11/14/2010-11-14_stevie_knicks.html

#7 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted December 19, 2010 - 05:16 PM

Suns Insist 'Nothing Is Going On' Trade-Wise With Steve Nash

Agent Bill Duffy tells Y! Sports Suns owner Robert Sarver has assured him that "nothing is going on" trade wise with Suns star @SteveNash.

http://twitter.com/SpearsNBAYahoo/statuses/16244168229658624

#8 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted December 20, 2010 - 02:31 PM

Steve Nash Doesn't See Reason To Request Trade

Posted Image

Steve Nash signed an extension with the Suns last summer and has every intention of honoring it.

The Suns dealt Jason Richardson, Hedo Turkoglu and Earl Clark to the Magic for Vince Carter, Mickael Pietrus and Marcin Gortat on Saturday.

Some speculate that Nash could be the next to leave Phoenix.

"I'm optimistic that it can help us short- and long-term," Nash said. "It sounds like it would've been tough to keep J-Rich in the summer anyway so it was a chance to take a move in a new direction.

"I think all three of those guys are good offensive players so I don't think that it's going to hurt us. It gives us more size that we needed. It should be a good opportunity for us."

Suns president Lon Babby has been clear Nash is part of the future.

"I signed the contract extension to stay," Nash said. "I did that for a reason. I wanted to play with these guys, some of them. At least some of them were here when I signed. I still think we have a chance to be a good team. You just got to roll with it. What are my options? Quit?"

He could demand a trade.

"I could be in a city that maybe doesn't have the guys we have," Nash said. "I want to be positive and make this a great opportunity and a great season. I know a lot of people are telling me to demand a trade. If I demand one, does that mean I get to pick my team? No. It's not that simple. Maybe somebody could explain to me the reasoning. You can't just go in and tell management where you want to go. I signed to play here and I want to make this team a really good one."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2010/12/19/20101219phoenix-suns-optimistic-three-newcomers.html

#9 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted January 05, 2011 - 02:05 AM

Suns 'On The Fence' About Trading Steve Nash

Posted Image

The game itself, once again, did nothing to reveal the number of circles on Steve Nash's tree trunk.

The ageless Phoenix Suns point guard was nearly perfect in a loss to the lowly Sacramento Kings on Sunday night, carving up one of the league's youngest teams with his trademark offensive brilliance. He hit all eight of his shots from the field and both of his free throws en route to a 20-point outing. Nash was his unselfish self with his teammates as well, and perhaps even too selfless this time around.

He passed up an open layup in the final minute that would have cut the deficit to one, firing a pass to new teammate Mickael Pietrus in the right corner for an errant, game-tying 3-point attempt. Still, Nash's scoring combined with 12 assists and just two turnovers was, once again, the kind of point guard play that NBA executives dream of.

But his Suns lost for the eighth time in their last 11 games nonetheless, and the unavoidable truth that Nash is 36 years old was finally evident afterward as he talked to reporters at his locker inside Arco Arena. The once-boyish face was nowhere to be found, replaced by the mug of a man with a 5 o'clock shadow that features as much gray hair as it does brown.

With the way the new-look Suns are looking, the grays aren't going to stop growing anytime soon.

This is why opposing teams aren't convinced the Suns won't trade Nash before the Feb. 24 trade deadline, because the notion that one of the league's brightest diamonds will stay stuck in this desert rough during his twilight years is simply too hard to comprehend. And that skepticism, according to a source who was recently briefed on the Suns' thinking, might still turn out to be warranted.

While the 14-18 Suns made it clear recently that their six-player trade with Orlando was not a precursor to moving Nash, the option is being considered and they are, according to the source, "on the fence" about which direction to go. The next month will be key in the decision-making process, as there is a mixture of belief and hope that the additions of Vince Carter, Pietrus and Marcin Gortat can fortify the defense and help turn the season around in time for a playoff push.

But the Suns are well aware that Nash is their most valuable trade asset when it comes to expediting the rebuilding process, and the continuation of their current slide might speed up their possible decision to part ways with the seven-time All-Star and two-time MVP. Phoenix, which pushed the champion Lakers to six games in last season's Western Conference Finals after a surprisingly-deep postseason run, is 1-2 since having Carter, Pietrus and Gortat in the fold, having lost to Philadelphia and downed Detroit before the inexcusable loss to the league's worst team in the Kings.

For Nash's part, his plan remains the same. Compete the only way he knows how for the team with which he's on contract through next season -- no matter the outcome.

"I'm playing; I'm here," he told FanHouse on Sunday when asked if a fall into the Western Conference abyss might inspire a desire for change. "I'm going to fight until they tell me they don't want me anymore. We made a lot of changes this year, and hopefully we can get it right and get in the playoffs and make a run. But if we don't, we'll try to put ourselves in a good position for next year."

There's not much mystery when it comes to the sort of teams that are closely monitoring the Nash situation, as any competitive club without a Hall of Fame-caliber point guard would stand to improve significantly by bringing him aboard. And the New York Knicks, according to a source with knowledge of their thinking, are most certainly still among that group.

Despite the career year being had by free agent addition Raymond Felton, the Knicks have continued to target Nash and are prepared to make a pitch if the Suns send word that he is available. The pieces needed to land him would almost certainly be similar to those in discussion for a Carmelo Anthony deal with Denver, even if former Suns president Steve Kerr said recently that he didn't think the Knicks had enough to land either player because of the absence of draft picks available to offer.

The prospect of landing the Nuggets small forward would be the clear priority, and the status of that situation would affect the possibility of landing Nash for what the Knicks would expect to be a significantly lower price. But even with their 19-14 start and all the positivity that has come with it, the intrigue in Nash is as strong as ever.

Before LeBron James left Knicks team president Donnie Walsh at the free agency altar last summer and headed for Miami, Nash was his first love lost in New York. He had whet the appetite of Knicks fans everywhere during an appearance with David Letterman in June 2009 when the late night host asked Nash if he'd like to play for the Knicks and he said, "I'd love to. Can you work that out?"

Yet Walsh never had a chance to court him, as Nash signed his two-year, $22 million extension with the Suns just weeks later and was thereby removed from the 2010 market.

Ironically, the premier player that Walsh did manage to land in the summer of 2010, that being forward Amar'e Stoudemire, is making New York an even more attractive destination than before for the point guard who spent six seasons with him in Phoenix perfecting the pick-and-roll. The possible reunion wouldn't stop there, though, as Nash maintains a good relationship with former Suns coach and current Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni as well. The comfort and happiness of the traded player doesn't typically matter to his old team, of course, but the Suns' reverence for the loyal veteran means they will heavily consider his part in any deal.

On the Knicks' end, it doesn't hurt that Nash's contract expires in 2012 and thus fits perfectly with another part of the their possible plan: the hoped-for footrace to Madison Square Garden between New Orleans' Chris Paul and Utah's Deron Williams when they can be free agents that summer. Felton was signed last summer with that in mind, as he was given a two-year, $15 million deal.

Meanwhile, the Suns -- who host the Lakers Wednesday and play the Knicks twice in the next two weeks -- are faced with a daunting reality that they may need to get even younger sooner rather than later. Carter might very well bounce back from what has been one of the worst seasons of his career, but the soon-to-be-34-year-old is expected to be bought out of the final year of his contract next season (he is owed $18 million but has a $4 million buyout). Grant Hill is in the final year of his contract, and the 38-year-old small forward certainly could be gone by next season. Should both players depart and Nash stays behind, he would be the only player on the roster in his 30s (new addition Hakim Warrick will be 29 in July and would be the second oldest).

As for who would take Nash's place, 24-year-old point guard Goran Dragic has been less proficient this season as compared to his last but has, at times, shown he's capable of taking on a starting role if Phoenix didn't get a starting point guard in return on any eventual Nash deal. Dragic showed his own creative genius in stretches of the Suns' 2010 playoff run, none better than his 23-point fourth-quarter against San Antonio in Game 3 of the Western Conference Semifinals. Dragic is in the final year of his deal, but the Suns have a team option worth $2.1 million to bring him back for 2011-12.

Nash isn't getting any younger. And if these struggling Suns keep speeding up his aging process, Phoenix might have to speed up its rebuilding plan after all.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/04/steve-nash-still-with-suns-for-now/

#10 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted January 07, 2011 - 05:04 PM

Steve Nash Rumors Are Pure Speculation

Posted Image

The Suns have been a pendulum, swinging but not getting anywhere.

Suns star Steve Nash is apparently going nowhere either. For every backward sway to the season, many think it is a matter of time before Nash is traded, but any such rumors seem to be based in speculation.

The idea of trading Nash will keep popping up as long as the Suns linger outside the playoff picture with a star who turns 37 before the Feb. 24 trade deadline. President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby's repeated response is that Nash is "the sun, the moon and the stars" of the franchise to make a point that Nash is here for the season without saying it unequivocally.

"He (Babby) told me a month ago when it first sprung up that he had no plans to move me," Nash said.

Nash signed an extension in 2009 that runs through next season. He shows no interest in asking for a trade.

"I signed up for this," Nash said. "I'm committed to trying to build a team here. Obviously, last year was a phenomenal year. Tied 2-2 (in the conference finals), I thought we could win a championship. I genuinely believed we could and would win it. It's tough to be in this position six months later. I'm still committed to it. I love the guys. I think we've got potential but we've had so much change and haven't been able to put it together. If we want to point fingers, we've got to point some at ourselves and say, 'We haven't put it together.'

"I'm still happy. I just want to try to win games for these fans and our team because that's the most frustrating thing."

Nash, fourth among West guards in All-Star voting, is slated to make $11.7 million next season, although some will be deferred and there could be a lockout.

NBA Players Association Executive President Billy Hunter spoke to the Suns on Thursday.

Team representative Jared Dudley tweeted after the meeting, "I need all NBA players to save there money. Be prepared to live without a check for at least a year. This is serious"

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2011/01/06/20110106phoenix-suns-steve-nash-trade-not-interested.html

#11 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 05, 2011 - 01:53 AM

Steve Nash and Suns Uninterested In Trade, But Inquiring Teams Are Interesting

Posted Image

Because Steve Nash isn't the type of player to seek a trade, it is highly unlikely he will be dealt before the Feb. 24th deadline.

But the Suns have received calls from the Hawks, Magic, Blazers and Mavericks about the possibility of trading for Nash, according to sources. The Wolves and Raptors have also called about Nash's availability despite both of those teams being out of the playoff picture.

"The only reason you would ever even remotely consider trading Steve is if he came to you and said, 'I think I need to move on somewhere,' " says Alvin Gentry. "That would be the only reason. But to us, making that decision to trade him, I don't see why we would even think about it. You guys can keep talking about it, but we're not going to trade him. He's playing at such a high level. Why would we?

"How you gonna get value for him? Unless you're gonna go get Deron Williams or Chris Paul or somebody like that, tell me how. Why do we have to bottom out to rebuild our team? I don't see why you would want to bottom out and spend the next five years trying to get good again."

"I don't see how it makes any sense for us to move him," GM Lon Babby said. "I know that people think we ought to look to the future. And we're doing that. But if you look at the history of the teams that have sort of blown it up, as the expression goes, how successful have they been in recapturing [elite status] and how long does it take?

"I'm willing to put more faith in Grant Hill, Steve Nash and the players that we have than I am in a lottery ball," Babby continued. "It's easy to say blow it up, but show me the teams that have successfully done it and how long it took and how much luck was involved, because luck's involved in everything. I don't want to depend on fortuity. I'd rather depend on a two-time MVP."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110204-06/suns-set-keeping-nash

#12 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 12:04 PM

Bill Duffy: Suns Would Be 'Prudent To Entertain' Trading Steve Nash In Summer

Posted Image

The Suns have been adamant about not wanting to trade Steve Nash, but their position may change in the summer.

"Steve is a Phoenix Sun and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's the face of that franchise," Bill Duffy, Nash's longtime agent, told ESPN.com this week. "But logic dictates that it would be prudent for the Suns to start looking at their long-term future in the summer, so we would expect that they may entertain moving him during the summer. We are ready for that and we anticipate a very respectful process if they decide to look at starting over with a younger core."

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110211-13/latest-trade-chatter

#13 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted February 12, 2011 - 12:53 PM

He will go to NY. He would not be make the 11 million a year like now, but maybe 8 or 9 in New York. New York will save some $$$ by signing him rather than 14 million to CP3.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#14 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 14, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Steve Nash Hasn't Talked To Bill Duffy About Trade

Posted Image

Steve Nash told the Arizona Republic that comments from his agent Bill Duffy in a Marc Stein report on Friday weren't prompted by him.

"We would expect that they (the Suns) may entertain moving him during the summer" and that he and Nash are "ready" for that, said Duffy.

"Sometimes, what's said is in the context of something else," Nash said. "I haven't spoken to him about it. I expect to be here (in Phoenix). I'm happy here. I expect to be here even next year.

"I don't even think about it. I'm just happy to try to make the playoffs."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2011/02/13/20110213phoenix-suns-notes-mickael-pietrus-intensity-toughness.html

#15 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 14, 2011 - 07:44 PM

Timberwolves Have Called Suns About Steve Nash

Posted Image

The Timberwolves are one of the teams that have called the Suns to check on the availability of Steve Nash, reports Marc Stein.

Minnesota is well aware that Nash has only one year left on his contract and would likely leave after the 2011-12 season.

Phoenix isn't inclined to trading Nash and blowing up their entire roster.

The Wolves won't offer Ricky Rubio to the Suns as part of any package for Nash because their ideal scenario would be to acquire Nash as a mentor to the Spanish point guard.

http://espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-110211-13/latest-trade-chatter

#16 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted February 15, 2011 - 04:38 PM

how many point guards do they want? sheesh.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#17 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,057 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 16, 2011 - 07:58 AM

Nash will be effective until he retires. A team rebuilding don't need him, he needs to go somewhere that he can play 25-30 mpg and doing enough for the team to win

#18 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 24, 2011 - 11:20 AM

Steve Nash Could Be Shopped At Draft

Posted Image

Also, it appears the Suns will keep their word and not trade Steve Nash. But rival teams believe he could be had around the draft. #NBA

http://twitter.com/#!/KBerg_CBS/status/40792639687237632

#19 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 11:44 AM

Source: Suns Closer Than Ever To Making Steve Nash Available

Posted Image

Steve Nash will be a free agent this summer, increasing the odds that the Suns could trade him before the deadline.

One executive whose team has had serious interest in Nash in the past told SI.com that the Suns are "as close as they've ever been" to realizing that they need to strongly consider a trade.

"I have no idea what the club will eventually do if a bunch of offers are thrown in their face," Nash said, "but I feel like I'm not nervous about [the trade deadline] and I'm not thinking about -- what's the word? -- I'm not anticipating anything to happen. I feel like I made a commitment and I feel like I owe it to my teammates -- the city, the fans, the club -- to play it out and to play as hard as I can."

"Our position has been the same all along, which is I've told him that he has earned the right to stay with our franchise as long as he wants provided that he believes in what we're doing, and provided that he's all in and wants to do that," Lon Babby told SI.com.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/13/nash.suns/index.html

#20 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

• 10,703 posts

Posted February 18, 2012 - 11:58 AM

Steve Nash Won't Request Trade From Suns

Posted Image

By J.A. Adande
ESPN.com

Amid all the NBA noise, there is conspicuous silence emanating from the Arizona desert. That sound you don’t hear is Steve Nash, not asking for a trade.

Maybe it’s a cultural thing for the guy who referred to himself as “the Canadian Jeremy Lin” on Friday. Canadians aren’t big on rocking the boat, or putting individual agendas ahead of the group goals. Then again, Nash comes from hockey country, and it’s commonplace in the NHL to see aging stars moved to a team that gives them a shot at the Stanley Cup. (The most famous was Ray Bourque who latched onto the Colorado Avalanche’s Cup run at age 40 after a standout career in Boston). This is Nash’s window to do the same thing.

Nash is 38, and entering the….nah, the solar metaphor is too easy. Let’s go lunar and say he’s in the waning crescent stage. If he asked out after giving eight great years to a Phoenix Suns franchise that has repeatedly made fiscal obligations a priority over championship aspirations, could anyone blame him?

“I’m not oblivious to [the chance of] playing on a contender,” Nash said. “But at the same time, especially in the position I’m in right now, I feel a sense of loyalty to my team. To go and ask for a trade, it’s not like I’m going to say, ‘Trade me to...’

He made a circling motion with his finger, as if he were about to land it on a destination. That seems to be the vogue in the NBA for players with an opt-out looming in their contract. Carmelo Anthony forced his way to New York, Chris Paul wound up in Los Angeles (one way or another), Dwight Howard has made his list for whenever Orlando realizes it’s time for him to go.

“I think they are in slightly different scenarios,” Nash said. “Mine’s a different scenario at this stage in my career. I don’t want to jeopardize or turn my back on my teammates for that limited…let’s say, unknown.”
He can improve his chances to win a ring…but they’re still just chances. No guarantees in the NBA. And besides…what would be in it for the Suns?

Placing Nash on a contender and getting back the most amount of talent in return for him are inherently contrasting goals. If the Suns cleaned up the way the Nuggets did with Carmelo, what would be left for Nash to contend with?
Also, the Suns don’t have a single, monstrous contract that will keep them over the salary cap for years to come. In fact, one reason to keep Nash aboard for the duration of the season is that his contract is expiring. That’s $11.7 million that comes off the books this summer.

The Suns aren’t trying to move Nash. They respect his professionalism in not speaking out and making an already trying season any more difficult.

He surely wouldn’t mind going someplace better. He just isn’t the one to demand it.

So he remains tied to a team that fell to 12-19 after a loss to the Lakers Friday, locked in a situation that Nash described as, “a team in transition. Everyone wants to be on a contender. It’s cyclical. Right now we’re not contending. We’re just trying to fight for an eighth spot.

“I just feel like I owe it to my teammates [to stay],” Nash said. “I like these guys a lot. I want to fight for them and see how good we can be. If we take our lumps, we take our lumps.

“I don’t knock anyone else. They’re in the prime of their careers. They’re trying to sign a max [contract]. Everyone’s situation is different. I’m not condemning anyone else.

“I’ve had some really good years here. I feel like I owe it to my friends and my teammates. I don’t feel it’s in my place to call for a trade.”

Maybe he won’t get his ring. He’ll always have those two Most Valuable Player trophies (the two Kobe Bryant tries to avenge every time they meet, and did so to the tune of 36 points in 35 minutes Friday night). And he’s left a stylish imprint on the game that’s evident every time you watch Lin or Chris Paul keep dribbling, circling, probing, even stopping in the middle of the lane when necessary.

“I wouldn’t want to take any credit for the way any other guys play,” Nash said. “Chris is fantastic and the best point guard out there. Any similarity is a compliment to me.”

It’s there. You don’t even have to watch that closely to see it. And you don’t need to have a vested interest in Nash to be curious to see what it would be like for him to chase a ring.

As strongly as the Miami Heat are coming on, they could still use a veteran point guard. Nash could help the Philadelphia 76ers with their halfcourt offense. And we all know the Lakers could use more from their point guards although he wouldn’t help with their defensive issues at the position.

It looks like any movement will have to wait until this summer when he becomes a free agent. He said he wants to play “two or three years, for sure” and maybe he can make a trip to the NBA Finals by then.

Just don’t expect it to happen this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37139/no-trade-noise-from-nash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users