Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 20, 2010 - 12:23 PM

Posted Image

What is Super Meat Boy?

"Super Meat Boy is a game where you play as a boy without skin whos girlfriend who is made of bandages gets kidnapped by a fetus in a tuxedo wearing a top hat and a monocle."

The game sees players taking on the role of a small animated cube of meat named Meat Boy who must save his girlfriend, Bandage Girl, from the evil Dr. Fetus. Players must use sharp reflexes to guide Meat Boy to the end of each level, using his wall clinging ability, whilst avoiding buzzsaws, salt, and other various death bringing obstacles. The game will contain about 350 levels, which are split across various chapters. Levels in each chapter can be played in any order, but a certain number of levels need to be completed to access the boss stage. Completing a level with an 'A' grade will unlock a harder alternate level. Characters from various indie games can be unlocked by collecting bandages hidden in the levels, or entering warp zones featuring retro styled bonus levels. These levels will also have retro rules applied to them (such as a three life limit). There will also be a replay function, showcasing failed attempts simultaneously. The XBLA version will feature an unlockable mode which will be freely updated with new levels. A full level editor was planned, but due to new regulations concerning user made content on consoles, only the PC and Mac versions of the game will have this feature, which will be released some time after the PC version ships.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trailer:

Release Info:

Available Wednesday October 20, 2010 on XBLA.

I picked it up already and I can't put it down. Speedrunning the levels is sooooo freaking fun and challenging. I suggest you all get the trial and check it out. At 800 points, it is a steal. Especially considering that if you spend 2400 points [$30] on XBL this month, you'll get 800 points [$10] back. :rock: :rock:

#2 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 20, 2010 - 02:13 PM

It's 800pts for a limited time, then going up to 1200. So hurry if you want it.

#3 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 21, 2010 - 10:13 PM

Can't stop playing it. I'm ranked top 40 in the world in a few of the levels :D

#4 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted October 22, 2010 - 05:28 PM

:nervous: okey...

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#5 kobedoinwork

kobedoinwork

Rookie

• 749 posts
  • Name:Matthew
  • Fan Since:Born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 25, 2010 - 10:11 PM

wtf?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users