Photo

Why is wrestling (WWE) still taken seriously?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:05 PM

First of all...Nothing against anyone who's into it, and it's very sad that so many wrestlers are passing away (even though steroids/drugs play a huge part) BUT...

WWE is fake. You can try and say this or that or call it a "soap opera," but it's a fake fighting sport, and you'll look stupid trying to defend it. It's not like I'm looking up video's and trying to find things to not like about it, it's just that it's so easy to catch glimpses of it here and there, since it's so universal and popular. I don't want to say anything bad about their fans, but you just have to wonder why you would be a fan of a fake sport. It's a little ridiculous when you see fans boo and legitimately hate someone because they "fake" kick some other wrestler that they like, in the nuts, or "fake" hit them with a chair. Do they still believe it's real, even after someone tells them they're actors, and it's fake?

More power to Vince McMahon though...If you can make money on this kind of stuff, then you're a very smart person.

#2 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:19 PM

finally someone who see's the light, I agree 100% with you man.

I have a friend who is a closest WWE fan. It irks me to no end.. I can't believe it hasn't been cancelled. People need to wake up and grow the hell up.

But I was a fan growing up when I was a kid but as I matured I left all the crap behind, it was so fake and stupid to me. And you still see grown men cheering this crap on, Its really funny.

#3 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:20 PM

First of all...Nothing against anyone who's into it, and it's very sad that so many wrestlers are passing away (even though steroids/drugs play a huge part) BUT...

WWE is fake. You can try and say this or that or call it a "soap opera," but it's a fake fighting sport, and you'll look stupid trying to defend it. It's not like I'm looking up video's and trying to find things to not like about it, it's just that it's so easy to catch glimpses of it here and there, since it's so universal and popular. I don't want to say anything bad about their fans, but you just have to wonder why you would be a fan of a fake sport. It's a little ridiculous when you see fans boo and legitimately hate someone because they "fake" kick some other wrestler that they like, in the nuts, or "fake" hit them with a chair. Do they still believe it's real, even after someone tells them they're actors, and it's fake?

More power to Vince McMahon though...If you can make money on this kind of stuff, then you're a very smart person.

I stop watching it about a year ago Manly because it was getting really cheesy and super lame. Over the past year the WWE has taken in a "G" Audience like little Kids. Kids think Wrestling is real and thats why it's still going because of the Youth. But with the G storylines it takes the fun out ppl our age who was kids back in the attitude Era. With that being said the WWE is basically for lil kids

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#4 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:25 PM

^^ dude it was piss poor even before this G thing.. stop making excuses.

I bet you're still a closet fan, acting tough and saying you don't watch it no more.

#5 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,226 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:26 PM

^^ dude it was piss poor even before this G thing.. stop making excuses.

I bet you're still a closet fan, acting tough and saying you don't watch it no more.

i'm not making excuses I said it was lame and I don't support it no more

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#6 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Bolded Nº1 - I have a friend that really likes it and he tells me everytime he sees it as a soap-opera, I don't see what's wrong in seein it that way, just like women do with their soap operas

Bolded Nº2 - No doubt

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#7 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:29 PM

to say its a soap opera is another excuse. its all fake and stupid

#8 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 01:43 PM

I thought everyone knows it's fake? Some people just enjoy it, like reality tv.

#9 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted October 12, 2010 - 02:26 PM

its ENTERTAINMENT... not actual wrestling.. i don't see the problem with it. I used to watch it during the "attitude era". but companies like ecw i would watch just for the gore

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#10 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:11 PM

its ENTERTAINMENT... not actual wrestling.. i don't see the problem with it. I used to watch it during the "attitude era". but companies like ecw i would watch just for the gore

pretty much.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#11 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,348 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:14 PM

The entertainment argument is so damn played....EVERYTHING on T.V. is entertainment. You can call it whatever you want, but it is quietly assumed to be a sport. In sports, you have someone compete against someone else...Here, though, there is no competition since it's all pretty much rigged. Fans are coming in thousands to watch two actors "fake" kick and punch another actor. What's even more pathetic is those wrestlers that get angry when you call wrestling fake to them.

I'm glad UFC is getting more popular...Enough of this sissy fake crap.

#12 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:20 PM

^^ thats what im thinking, everyone always says "Its entertainment" to justify watching it.

good job leor_77 :yes:

#13 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,815 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:45 PM

I doubt there is a single intelegent person in the world that believes it is 100% genuine...

However, you go tell a 6'6 monster of a man, who is on every steroid known to mankind, that what he does is fake...

Its fine by me...
I have never wanted to ever watch it... but, i am not a fan of manufactured drama...
But, those that want to, let them...

#14 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:49 PM

The entertainment argument is so damn played....EVERYTHING on T.V. is entertainment. You can call it whatever you want, but it is quietly assumed to be a sport. In sports, you have someone compete against someone else...Here, though, there is no competition since it's all pretty much rigged. Fans are coming in thousands to watch two actors "fake" kick and punch another actor. What's even more pathetic is those wrestlers that get angry when you call wrestling fake to them.

I'm glad UFC is getting more popular...Enough of this sissy fake crap.

lol calm down, if you don't like it, don't watch it. after all, its just an opinion. and no one thinks the WWE is a sport, wtf are you smoking. Its not on ESPN, theres no awards or such. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Posted Image

#15 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:50 PM

^^ cuz he slapped a reporter he is a big bad tough guy???

I'm sure his [expletive] went to jail after that

Edited by JohnMcCartney, October 12, 2010 - 03:50 PM.

#16 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 03:51 PM

And its called World Wrestling Entertainment for a reason man. :hysterical:
Posted Image

#17 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,111 posts
  • Name:Will

Posted October 12, 2010 - 04:18 PM

When I watched wrestling, I knew it was fake but I enjoyed the entertainment and the storylines.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#18 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,420 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2010 - 05:02 PM

People still enjoy it because its entertainment. I'll admit, i'll still watch it occasionally (but only the beginning or end of the show when all the interesting stuff happens).

It's no where near where it used to be when The Rock and Stone Cold were part of it, but it can get interesting at times. Its basically a reality tv show. People watch shows like Jersey Shore or the Real World because its entertaining.

Sure wrestling is fake, there is no doubt about that but people don't watch it because they think its real, its because it provides entertainment.

#19 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,723 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 12, 2010 - 05:33 PM

thats why the call it sports entertainment, its not sports, and nowhere does the WWE, or any of its fans (with any sense) ever claim that its a sport. its a scripted television show with scripted fights and winners, etc. its real people, a real ring, real chairs, real tables(for the most part) real blood (though the bleeding itself is forced, facilitated) mix in some other random props and overall mediocre acting and you've got wrestling.

guess what? basically every show on TV is scripted! so why hate on wrestling? i also watched the "attitude era" and thoroughly enjoyed it. haven't watched consistently for like 10 years, but it was good entertainment back then IMO.

anyone who would actually consider themselves a real fan of wrestling is well aware of all this, so the argument against it that its fake is a waste of time.

Posted Image

#20 JohnMcCartney

JohnMcCartney

Rookie

• 691 posts

Posted October 12, 2010 - 05:35 PM

it should be for kids and parents who take their kids to watch but if you're grown you shouldn't be watching it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users