Photo

#1 Alabama goes DOWN

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Who should be the new Number 1? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who do you rank as the Number 1 team now?

1. OHIO State (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

2. Oregon (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Boise State (5 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

4. Some other School (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted October 09, 2010 - 03:33 PM

Alabama goes down!

I spend all day yesterday talking with my buddy who lives in Boise, and we goth agreed that Alabama looked unstoppable this year

We talked for a long time about it, enough to jinx them!

Now, who will be the New Number one?

I think that Ohio State is really not that good...
Oregon is a beast...

But, i think Boise should be number one...
They have gone YEARS without losing it seems like...

Either way...
Alabama goes down...

And we are going to have a NEW number one in college football....

AND...

We are one step closer to a Boise State vs TCU championship game...

#2 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,393 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted October 09, 2010 - 03:36 PM

Yeah I saw that, crazy. Go Boise!

Edited by LakersChamps243, October 09, 2010 - 03:37 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#3 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted October 09, 2010 - 04:04 PM

YESSS!!!!!!!

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#4 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted October 09, 2010 - 04:14 PM

Hell yeah! Screw Saban and Bama! :rock:

My vote goes to Boise State and Oregon.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 06:01 PM

ESPN posted this very poll on the front page of their website...

Ohio 46%
Oregon 29%
Bosie 18%
Some other Team 8%

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,873 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted October 09, 2010 - 06:05 PM

wow really? guess its time to throw on sportscenter...just got home not too long ago

Posted Image

#7 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted October 09, 2010 - 07:55 PM

'SC played a good game and got the win over us. Tide will regroup though.

As far as rankings go...obviously, Ohio St will (and should) be the number one team now.

Boise St never plays anyone, so there's no way they're number one.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#8 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 10:17 PM

'SC played a good game and got the win over us. Tide will regroup though.

As far as rankings go...obviously, Ohio St will (and should) be the number one team now.

Boise St never plays anyone, so there's no way they're number one.

Except everytime they play someone they win. :rolleyes: Its hard to go undeafted no matter who you play... And Boise in the last 4 years has ONE LOSS(Which was by 1 point.) :rolleyes: Yeah, they deserve it. All they do is WIN, WIN, WIN.

Edited by GP1_KB24, October 09, 2010 - 10:17 PM.

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#9 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 09, 2010 - 10:35 PM

Except everytime they play someone they win. :rolleyes: Its hard to go undeafted no matter who you play... And Boise in the last 4 years has ONE LOSS(Which was by 1 point.) :rolleyes: Yeah, they deserve it. All they do is WIN, WIN, WIN.

Exactly.

And Windu, I think it was you I had the discussion with earlier in the season about Boise. If they go undefeated, they will have a real shot at the title game this year. Regardless of how weak the schedule is, they have been on the brink of the title game the last couple of years when they started ranked in the 10-15 range. This year they were ranked in the top 5 and the BCS would definitely have a tough time leaving them out especially if Ohio St or Oregon lose. There is no way there would be a national title game this year with one loss teams while leaving an undefeated Boise out of the game. Just not happening this year.

#10 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,269 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 01:38 AM

I wish Boise was joining the PAC-10 Instead of TERRIBLE Colorado.

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 05:15 AM

That's because almost everytime they play someone, it's a Wyoming, or a Toledo, or an Idaho.

Beef up your schedule and then get back to me.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 05:22 AM

And Windu, I think it was you I had the discussion with earlier in the season about Boise. If they go undefeated, they will have a real shot at the title game this year. Regardless of how weak the schedule is, they have been on the brink of the title game the last couple of years when they started ranked in the 10-15 range. This year they were ranked in the top 5 and the BCS would definitely have a tough time leaving them out especially if Ohio St or Oregon lose. There is no way there would be a national title game this year with one loss teams while leaving an undefeated Boise out of the game. Just not happening this year.

You guys are REALLY underestimating the strength of schedule and how it applies to the BCS. Whether it's fair or not doesn't make a difference on the reality of the situation. Right now, Ohio State and Oregon will be your number one and number two teams respectively in the country and if both of those teams win out, Boise doesn't have a chance in hell of jumping an undefeated Big Ten or Pac-10 team and playing for the national championship.

If Boise St is so good, then they have to step up and start scheduling some tough games.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#13 fedefox

fedefox

Guilty By Affiliation

• 5,979 posts
  • Name:Federico Mauccione
  • Fan Since:Since my father showed me a Lakers tape, when I was 4
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant - Derek Fisher

Posted October 10, 2010 - 06:47 AM

Boi-Boise baby :rock:

Posted Image
"I don't like it when you call me Big Poppa, from South Central n' I hate helycopters"
I REP THAT WEST

#14 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 09:05 AM

I wish Boise was joining the PAC-10 Instead of TERRIBLE Colorado.

I agree. Or TCU, why did they pick Colorado? They freaking suck. :facepalm: Utah will make the conference better though. :rock:

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#15 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 09:19 AM

You guys are REALLY underestimating the strength of schedule and how it applies to the BCS. Whether it's fair or not doesn't make a difference on the reality of the situation. Right now, Ohio State and Oregon will be your number one and number two teams respectively in the country and if both of those teams win out, Boise doesn't have a chance in hell of jumping an undefeated Big Ten or Pac-10 team and playing for the national championship.

If Boise St is so good, then they have to step up and start scheduling some tough games.

No actually i'm not. I understand completely how the BCS system works. Being an SC fan, we have had to deal with the BCS system year in and year out about how our out of conference schedule is tough but our division is weak so we wouldn't deserve to be in over a one or two loss SEC team if it came down to that.

And I never said that Boise State would deserve to be in over an undefeated Pac-10 or Big Ten team, I said:

This year they were ranked in the top 5 and the BCS would definitely have a tough time leaving them out especially if Ohio St or Oregon lose. There is no way there would be a national title game this year with one loss teams while leaving an undefeated Boise out of the game.

Until (and IF) Ohio State or Oregon lose, Boise is on the outside looking in. But you better believe that if a loss does occur, Boise is in the drivers seat to the national title game.

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 09:49 AM

No actually i'm not. I understand completely how the BCS system works. Being an SC fan, we have had to deal with the BCS system year in and year out about how our out of conference schedule is tough but our division is weak so we wouldn't deserve to be in over a one or two loss SEC team if it came down to that.

And I never said that Boise State would deserve to be in over an undefeated Pac-10 or Big Ten team, I said:

Until (and IF) Ohio State or Oregon lose, Boise is on the outside looking in. But you better believe that if a loss does occur, Boise is in the drivers seat to the national title game.

A one loss SEC championship team could still jump an undefeated Boise St team. Even if Ohio St has one loss, they could still be ahead of Boise St. Depends on when the lose occurs and who they lose to. Boise St has to win all of their games in an impressive fashion.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted October 10, 2010 - 01:54 PM

A one loss SEC championship team could still jump an undefeated Boise St team. Even if Ohio St has one loss, they could still be ahead of Boise St. Depends on when the lose occurs and who they lose to. Boise St has to win all of their games in an impressive fashion.

A one loss SEC West team will likely jump an undefeated Boise St team. Even if Boise beats opponents by an average of 35 points, or thereabout, their schedule will kill them in the end. Look at any SEC West team, they play one of the toughest schedules in the Nation. You got my word that if Alabama, LSU, or Auburn end up with one loss at the end of the season coming out of the SEC championship, they will make the NCG, banking on Oregon or Ohio St losing one.

A one loss SEC team will jump over an undefeated Oklahoma, TCU, Boise St, and Nebraska. Maybe an Ohio St based on margin of victory.

Edited by Owlyness, October 10, 2010 - 01:57 PM.

#18 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 04:33 PM

Yes, the SEC West is stacked. Auburn is 6-0, LSU is 6-0 and both still have to play Alabama who is now 5-1.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted October 10, 2010 - 04:56 PM

It won't get any easier for the Crimson Tide. Every SEC team they face the rest of the way will have a bye week before facing them. Several of the South Carolina players said it made a huge difference for them.

I don't see why our games were scheduled that way.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted October 10, 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yes, the SEC West is stacked. Auburn is 6-0, LSU is 6-0 and both still have to play Alabama who is now 5-1.

Hopefully, Alabama can beat both LSU and Auburn, or LSU OR Auburn go undefeated all the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users